Shuffle Pass

First few weeks it seems we did sooooooo much of those little shuffle passes to everyone(Hunt, Kelce, Hill).  Seems the last half of the year we have done almost zero shuffle passes.  Teams game planning?  Just stopped doing them?  Waiting till playoffs to bring em back?

1 minute ago, Balto said:

First few weeks it seems we did sooooooo much of those little shuffle passes to everyone(Hunt, Kelce, Hill).  Seems the last half of the year we have done almost zero shuffle passes.  Teams game planning?  Just stopped doing them?  Waiting till playoffs to bring em back?

Good point. I do think DAT was an early recipient near the goal line. That may be part of it. Wouldn’t be stunned to see it with D Williams or Hill again on jet sweep. 

On 1/6/2019 at 4:46 PM, Balto said:

Greg Roman did this with the Read Option with Kaepernick. He just stopped calling it as much in the final three games or so of the regular season. Afterwards, he said he did that to imply that teams had caught on. Kaepernick ran all over Green Bay in the first playoff game that year.

Without trying to sound like a dickhead... its called a shovel pass. Not a shuffle pass. That said, I think it was one of those "new" plays that once run a handful of times is better defended. It might rear its head again in the playoffs, though. Everything comes out at playoff time. Kitchen sink is game now. 

13 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Without trying to sound like a dickhead... its called a shovel pass. Not a shuffle pass. That said, I think it was one of those "new" plays that once run a handful of times is better defended. It might rear its head again in the playoffs, though. Everything comes out at playoff time. Kitchen sink is game now. 

Well hopefully we can find a "kitchen sink" for the defense to throw as well...

(They sell them at Lowes. We need to buy about 20 of them..)

14 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Without trying to sound like a dickhead... its called a shovel pass. Not a shuffle pass. 

I was just about to post this. Not a fault of the fan for saying this though, since so many announcers say shuffle.  

Archived