Colts @ Chiefs GDT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two really good teams. Both have had great seasons. Too much is made of winning it all. One very good team must lose.

KC already exceeded my expectations for this season.  This year has been great entertainment & fun to watch. Looking forward to the next 4-5+ seasons of the Mahomes Effect.

I think KC needs Watkins playing to win this. So I must wait until we see how he is, hour to hour, before I predict. I am usually wrong anyway.

Ok guys we have to get in the correct mindset.

just like the regular season people are starting to use excuses about having a first year starting qb and being inexperienced.

Reality is we have the best qb in the afc playoff bracket, we have a stud tight end, a stud wr in tyreek hill, 3 good to elite pass rushers in ford, houston, and chris jones. We have the #1 seed and home field advantage.

this is an excellent recipe to make a superbowl appearance and will perhaps, along with next season, be our best chance at winning a superbowl in the near future.

so let me be clear my expectation is to make the superbowl in spite of bob sutton

Marlon Mack is obviously a gigantic concern as he's been one of the AFCs top rushers since week 5. He does however have only 17 receptions all season which could be helpful as I believe our biggest weakness on the team period is covering RBs on pass plays. It will be interesting if they try to force some throws his way and if not if we can perhaps gamble a little more to slow down their run game with him. 

I'll add so far the QBs with no playoff experience are 0-3. Mahomes is clearly better than anyone we watched this weekend but its still noteworthy as the heat gets turned up and game gets faster in January. 

16 AFC teams started and only 4 are still standing. It's the best four teams as well. Gonna be a fun week breaking all this down!

The Indy fans are quick to point out the failures of the less experienced QBs in the playoffs so far.  Mahomes looked a little nervous in NE and several other games in prime time.  Still, I think he has the make up to play on the big stage and playing at home should be an advantage in Arrowhead compared to BAL, CHI, or HOU.  Indy fans also crow about their RB vs. the Chiefs defense.  Except for the collapse against LAC, the defense has played well enough to win most games AT HOME.  Expect a close game with both teams scoring over 25 points and maybe over 30.  I'm with Mloe68.  This season has exceeded all expectations and regardless of the outcome, has been one of the most entertaining ever.  Enjoy the ride and look forward to more in the near future. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Mahomes looked a little nervous in NE and several other games in prime time. 

He's also balled out in the prime time.  Including New England.  352 Yards, 4 TD, 40 points scored.  Rams-- 6 TD, 51 points, 478 Yards passing.  Even the Seahawks game he had three touchdowns and no picks.  I think he's gonna step up.  Hopefully the defense does not completely shit the bed. 

6 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Early again, but let’s start this conversation now!  Peter King says we’ll have Sammy Watkins for this game.  Let the chatter begin!

Chiefs 38

Colts 35

A playoff classic, but this time the ball bounces our way!

Well shit, there it is, SP picking us to win.

We do win though and he is correct to pick this.

42 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

My gut tells me that the Defense has a better game than the Offense and I expect Mahomes to have a decent game. Chiefs will tackle well and will get to luck with the pass rush. Chiefs beat down the colts. 42-24

I love your optimism and hope your gut is right.  The one thing that's different this year in the playoffs, for me, anyway, is the very real feeling that the Chiefs will have a chance to win this game - no matter what - because of Mahomes.  

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Look, I don’t wanna jinx anything.  Need me to change my pick?

Lol shit I felt I had us jinxed last time against Indy. I went out at half time up by 28 to celebrate with a dinner and beer and watched them blow it at a sports bar.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Indy fans are quick to point out the failures of the less experienced QBs in the playoffs so far.  Mahomes looked a little nervous in NE and several other games in prime time.  Still, I think he has the make up to play on the big stage and playing at home should be an advantage in Arrowhead compared to BAL, CHI, or HOU.  Indy fans also crow about their RB vs. the Chiefs defense.  Except for the collapse against LAC, the defense has played well enough to win most games AT HOME.  Expect a close game with both teams scoring over 25 points and maybe over 30.  I'm with Mloe68.  This season has exceeded all expectations and regardless of the outcome, has been one of the most entertaining ever.  Enjoy the ride and look forward to more in the near future. 

I think I would point out to them we had the more experienced QB in 2013 and it didn't matter and we were supposed to run all over them in 2006 with Larry Johnson and didn't.  

Archived