Colts @ Chiefs GDT

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Oh, no.  Not the dreaded day to day foot injury.  Neither Hilton or Grant practiced yesterday or today so are they full speed or just resting and recovering.  I can see one extra day off, but two seems like they may have issues.

Hilton has some issues he’s been dealing with concerning his foot I think, but he’ll be a full go come game time I’m sure. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Hilton has some issues he’s been dealing with concerning his foot I think, but he’ll be a full go come game time I’m sure. 

By TY and TYreek have been dealing with sprained ankles the last month. Ankles are much easier or more predictable to deal with than foot injuries although it can certainly slow a player down. 

Looks like both teams are banged up. I'm curious about Berry as I've written Watkins off for the year, if he comes back it'll be a huge boost but the tape on his foot doesn't look as promising. Berry & Lucas could be a nasty duo for a couple years. More importantly Berry seems to bring some identity to the defense.

41 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Looks like both teams are banged up. I'm curious about Berry as I've written Watkins off for the year, if he comes back it'll be a huge boost but the tape on his foot doesn't look as promising. Berry & Lucas could be a nasty duo for a couple years. More importantly Berry seems to bring some identity to the defense.

I’m the opposite, I’ve written off Berry but expect Watkins to give it a go

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

The Chiefs only have injury situations to Berry, Watkins, O'Daniel.  The Colts have a ton of injuries if you look at their injury report.

We'll know more today after practice.

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Chiefs only have injury situations to Berry, Watkins, O'Daniel.  The Colts have a ton of injuries if you look at their injury report.

We are relatively healthy.  Lowest IR numbers in the league and nearly everyone practicing. 

I don’t think Andy could have handled injury situation much better to maximize availability today. It’s clear he’s been looking toward January for over a month.

The rest is just luck of the draw  

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We are relatively healthy.  Lowest IR numbers in the league and nearly everyone practicing. 

I don’t think Andy could have handled injury situation much better to maximize availability today. It’s clear he’s been looking toward January for over a month.

The Chiefs have had awful injury luck seemingly since Andy Reid got here.  I'm not sure if it's just bad luck or a training issue, but it seems like this is the first time since 2013 we are going into a playoff game with mostly everyone somewhat healthy. 

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

I’m the opposite, I’ve written off Berry but expect Watkins to give it a go

That would look terrible on the training staff and they should already be on the hot seat. Berry took up a roster spot all year long and if he's a no-go at this point Veach should start firing some people. 

Having him off the practice was a major blow in that sense. In case of Watkins I would expect him to be ready by now as they kept him on the active roster even when we signed another WR. The only thing I'm skeptical about is the tape on his foot. Never seen a guy taped up like that and come on to play, then again I don't have much knowledge about it. 

37 minutes ago, dksww said:

Today is definitely the key. We have less names on the list but don't know how guys like LDT or Fuller are faring. If the final report only has the 3 guys mentioned yesterday we definitely have the edge but our history makes me too cautious. 

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Nearly everyone. Not our prized SS 

34 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Chiefs have had awful injury luck seemingly since Andy Reid got here.  I'm not sure if it's just bad luck or a training issue, but it seems like this is the first time since 2013 we are going into a playoff game with mostly everyone somewhat healthy. 

I personally believe there was a change in philosophy to get veterans more rest and sit most of the 50-50 injury status guys later in the season. The IR deal is just pure luck though. I do think most of us have some legit questions about our medical staff though. 

Kareem just screwed us though. That part still sucks. But he had character red flags coming in and that’s what happens sometimes. 

11 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nearly everyone. Not our prized SS 

I guess the way I look at is what can Andy Reid do to balance getting his team into playoffs and having the healthiest team possible once he gets there.  

Andy seemed to bend over backward to get Berry in a position to help us right now when we need him most. If he can’t play again it’s either on medical staff for lack of timely treatment or else Berry needs to get an injury settlement and retire with an issue that isn’t going away. 

Gotta add Spencer Ware couldn’t make it through one game as the starter without getting hurt. He’s a nice spare part but shouldn’t count on him going forward either. 

Just now, Legend of AC said:

I imagine that Watkins will give it a go and be in on the first few series.  But my guess is that he’s done by halftime.

Shocking.

Safe to assume you're picking the Colts on Saturday?

53 minutes ago, dksww said:

Shocking.

Safe to assume you're picking the Colts on Saturday?

Nope, but I’m trying to assess the situation based on what we know.  And we know that Watkins was a limited participant in practice who’s foot was heavily taped.  Coupled with the fact that he was in a boot last week, I just doubt he plays the entire game.  I hope I’m wrong because we need him.

Archived