Defense will step up. Mark it down

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

So of course, it was all about how you were shorthanded, not how well the limited Offense didd against your defense.

And if you were so depleted on Offense, how in heck did PM throw for his second highest yardage total of the season vs the #1 defense in the league at the time?

man o man, stop with the excuses. Hunt was avg about 74 yds per game- Ware got you 75

Sorry but when you win. You don't have to make excuses. What I'm explaining is the simple fact that key personnel losses obviously hurt and the reality the Chiefs offense since losing Hunt and Watkins is scoring almost a TD less per game. To suggest its not big deal replacing the NFLs leading rusher with a very average replacement is just absurd. Hunt had 14 fricking TDs in 10 games before his release.

And the biggest reason we signed Watkins is because he's a very good red zone threat with more career TDs than his age. This just added insult to injury and knocked us down two key red zone guys.  Our offense was performing at historically good levels before losing these two guys. We are still a really good offense, but not the same and with our defense it makes us more beatable. And its played out that way too. Getting Watkins back in earnest really would help. I doubt that happens until next year though. Finally losing both guards has really put more pressure on Mahomes up the middle. Hard to quantify that as much as losing 17 TDs in 10 games does though. And hence this entire string is created because yes with only 8 teams left standing will need our defense to legitimately step up in some way to compensate. 

As for the Ravens, its just football 101 that defenses in this league will sniff out weakness and eventually make teams pay. Gimmick offense have proven they can work in the short term as coordinators scramble to make adjustments. How do you prepare as well with such limited game tape. It was very predictable to me anyway the Ravens lost to the Chargers the second time around because of it.  I don't even know why you are arguing this. We've already both agreed Jackson has a ton to prove and any realistic evaluation has to remain skeptical of him. 

All that said the Ravens had a nice season and exceeded my expectations which were about 8-8. I also predicted before the season they would go into a rebuild mode of sorts starting next year. Do you agree with that?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Berry's issue a pain thing or is he physically hobbled?  If it's just pain management, then it's possible he can play some and they're just avoiding it in practice.  If he really can't play, then he should just sit and let Lucas get the maximum exposure. 

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Is Berry's issue a pain thing or is he physically hobbled?  If it's just pain management, then it's possible he can play some and they're just avoiding it in practice.  If he really can't play, then he should just sit and let Lucas get the maximum exposure. 

He is day to day. What a joke. Its like the Charles thing all over again. Team 12-4 without him. Like I said. GO HOME BERRY. Come back when you can really play.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Lol!!! Berry not practicing today!!!! Lol

biggest game ... smh

Hard to game plan when you don't know what Berry's going to decide to do on Saturday. If I'm Andy I want an answer today if he plans to play or not. Good to see Lucas back after the stinger that knocked him out last week. He and Soreson actually did pretty well last week. This is however a different animal. 

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Hard to game plan when you don't know what Berry's going to decide to do on Saturday. If I'm Andy I want an answer today if he plans to play or not. Good to see Lucas back after the stinger that knocked him out last week. He and Soreson actually did pretty well last week. This is however a different animal. 

Agree. I think they know he is done and just want the Colts to be unsure.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:05 PM, Mloe68 said:

Sorry but when you win. You don't have to make excuses. What I'm explaining is the simple fact that key personnel losses obviously hurt and the reality the Chiefs offense since losing Hunt and Watkins is scoring almost a TD less per game. To suggest its not big deal replacing the NFLs leading rusher with a very average replacement is just absurd. Hunt had 14 fricking TDs in 10 games before his release.

And the biggest reason we signed Watkins is because he's a very good red zone threat with more career TDs than his age. This just added insult to injury and knocked us down two key red zone guys.  Our offense was performing at historically good levels before losing these two guys. We are still a really good offense, but not the same and with our defense it makes us more beatable. And its played out that way too. Getting Watkins back in earnest really would help. I doubt that happens until next year though. Finally losing both guards has really put more pressure on Mahomes up the middle. Hard to quantify that as much as losing 17 TDs in 10 games does though. And hence this entire string is created because yes with only 8 teams left standing will need our defense to legitimately step up in some way to compensate. 

Again, if your Offense was so depleted, how did Mahomes, getting the same avg running production from Ware as with Hunt, throw for his second highest yardage amount for the entire 2018 season?

As for the Ravens, its just football 101 that defenses in this league will sniff out weakness and eventually make teams pay. Gimmick offense have proven they can work in the short term as coordinators scramble to make adjustments. How do you prepare as well with such limited game tape. It was very predictable to me anyway the Ravens lost to the Chargers the second time around because of it.  I don't even know why you are arguing this. We've already both agreed Jackson has a ton to prove and any realistic evaluation has to remain skeptical of him. I don't remember debating anything about the Rasvens vs Chargers game with you. Your last sentence I heartily concur with....

All that said the Ravens had a nice season and exceeded my expectations which were about 8-8. I also predicted before the season they would go into a rebuild mode of sorts starting next year. Do you agree with that? Yes, I thought John Harbaugh should get CoY for managing that crapfest. He did a great job.

The same yardage un run game because we did not run hunt all that much so basing it off run yards us silly. Look at his ypc, total yards, receptions and yards plus TDs hunt gave us up to that point and you can see he will be missed. That and yards after contact is a thing Hunt gave us a lot of.

Ware in his first game as a starter gave us just 1 reception for 5 yards plus 46 yards on 14 carries for 3.4 ypc. Hunt stats alone blow that outbif the water.  Next game he did better with 75 yards rushing and reception yards but still no TDs. Then he got hurt. Hunt was a much better rb and we were a much better team with him in there as he was the better runner and receiver. If not, Ware would have taken his job back before then.

I am sorry, I cant help it, but my view of the future is poisoned by the past... The interior defense is so horrendous! Unless there is some magical change, this game will have some crazy nickname too... "The whiff" or "the slip" or "the heel"

I hope you all are able to give me a ton of shit after Saturday for being so negitive!

2 minutes ago, bamaroyal said:

I am sorry, I cant help it, but my view of the future is poisoned by the past... The interior defense is so horrendous! Unless there is some magical change, this game will have some crazy nickname too... "The whiff" or "the slip" or "the heel"

I hope you all are able to give me a ton of shit after Saturday for being so negitive!

Hey it can't go any worse for us than it did for Alabama on Monday. Can it?

5 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

As I said. Defense will step up tomorrow. Mark it down. Believe. I can guarantee the defense will be fired up. Let's hope they bring it and play sound , fundamental football. No stupid penalties.

It's all about wanting it more, Doc. Defense is attitude.

6 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

As I said. Defense will step up tomorrow. Mark it down. Believe. I can guarantee the defense will be fired up. Let's hope they bring it and play sound , fundamental football. No stupid penalties.

I'm looking forward to watching the defense play. 

Yes, because after a season of inept defense except against shitty teams, they will magically become better tomorrow!  

I'm gonna stay real and put on my seat belt expecting an offensive slugfest!  Let the scoring begin! A day of phenoms on display with ours throwing no looks, across his body, impossible angles on the run...can't wait for the Mahome show! 

9 hours ago, bamaroyal said:

Chiefs are going to win dude.  The chiefs will score a lot

Archived