Colts Quinton Nelson . Is this a legal block? Or a

I agree with Dhitter. It's only holding when they call it. I remember years ago when Warren Sapp played for the Raiders. He made a comment about one of the Chiefs O lineman, said once he get's a hold of you, there's nothing you can do. I always thought that was funny, but it won't be funny if Nelson get's away with it Saturday against the Chiefs.

I always understood it as hands inside the shoulders could grab on.  It clearly looks like his arms are outside.   The NFL is notorious for giving passes to players they deem elite.   I always felt bad for Tamba because he got held so many times but because he wasn't elite he never got those calls.   

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If that’s Eric Fisher blocking James Harrison, it’s holding.  

I would love to see our guys getting flagged for plays like this. If you are getting flagged might as well deserve it, we seem to be doing just enough to get the flag but nothing extra to shame the opponent. 

22 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I always understood it as hands inside the shoulders could grab on.  It clearly looks like his arms are outside.   The NFL is notorious for giving passes to players they deem elite.   I always felt bad for Tamba because he got held so many times but because he wasn't elite he never got those calls.   

Fair point. The arm around the neck choke hold was often on full display during Tamba's time. Rarely got called. Seems they call it way more in today's NFL. I find that curious.

Archived