Saturday Snow?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe advantage KC due to offense knows where they are going. Colts D is better than KC but how much worse can KC defense get? So Colts D is less effective.

So I think it could favor KC. Mahomes & Co with an edge in bad weather. Go Chiefs

Note: Based on most of the talking heads Chiefs will lose. I love that attitude. Keeps KC focused on the game vs KC Hype. Motivation too!

1 minute ago, Balto said:

You would think Snow favors the run game which Colts is looking good atm.

Sure. Its not like KC cant run the ball. Look at the last few games. Good results. Hopeing Ware is available too.

Again how much worse can KC defense play? Has to hurt Colts D too. 

Snow favors the running game hence the Colts could have an advantage. However if a QB can make good throws in bad conditions that would be Mahomes with his cannon arm, so we might have the overall advantage. I think it all depends on the snowfall during the game, if it ends up being a heavy one luck plays a major role as well.

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

You would think Snow favors the run game which Colts is looking good atm.

We definitely don’t want game conditions you can’t pass in. That really hurts us. But forecast I’m seeing has only light snow during game. 

21 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

A little bad weather shouldn't keep a fan away from a playoff game.

Agreed if the likes of Jet, myself and I am sure more on this board can survive  the fridged temps of the 1996  Colts debacle a few can deal with a little snow...especially now with the prices being what they are. I'd die before burning that ticket

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

field is heated and covered so unless its coming down like gang busters  during the game I dont think the snow will be an issue for the players..fans on the other hand  many will probably puss out. 

Trying to buy two more tickets so I hope you are right. So far secondary market prices haven't budged but I'll bet they will. 

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Agreed if the likes of Jet, myself and I am sure more on this board can survive  the fridged temps of the 1996  Colts debacle a few can deal with a little snow...especially now with the prices being what they are. I'd die before burning that ticket

No credit for me any more.  We'll be watching while sipping margaritas with friends in Arizona.  

40 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

A little bad weather shouldn't keep a fan away from a playoff game.

We've had bad weather several times this year and it didn't impact that crowds at all. As good as Mahomes has been for the franchise, probably his biggest impact is that there have clearly been a lot of new younger fans at the stadium. Those types won't even consider road conditions. I ride in a short bus with no seat belts, so why should I care either.  

26 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We've had bad weather several times this year and it didn't impact that crowds at all. As good as Mahomes has been for the franchise, probably his biggest impact is that there have clearly been a lot of new younger fans at the stadium. Those types won't even consider road conditions. I ride in a short bus with no seat belts, so why should I care either.  

I knew it

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

No credit for me any more.  We'll be watching while sipping margaritas with friends in Arizona.  

Its been a little chilly for us in AZ the last couple of weeks BUT this week is much better and showing 65 degrees for Saturday haha

13 minutes ago, Jbeck said:

What are they saying about the weather Saturday?  My son and I are heading up to the game from Owasso, Ok. 

As of right now the snow is supposed to be winding down into light snow showers by late Saturday morning. Heavier snow for KC to the East. The further south you go it should be okay but then again what do the weathermen know. By the way I just drove down 169 to Tulsa a few weeks ago and there's about a 20 mile detour not to far north of Coffeyville that I did not enjoy. MIght consider taking I-44 to Joplin and then up 71 which almost directly leads to Arrowhead. 

18 minutes ago, Balto said:

Its been a little chilly for us in AZ the last couple of weeks BUT this week is much better and showing 65 degrees for Saturday haha

My Mom lives in North Peoria and said it snowed in the foothills not to far north of her last week. 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

My Mom lives in North Peoria and said it snowed in the foothills not to far north of her last week. 

Yup Cave Creek got some.  It's always funny seeing pictures of cactus covered in snow 

22 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

As of right now the snow is supposed to be winding down into light snow showers by late Saturday morning. Heavier snow for KC to the East. The further south you go it should be okay but then again what do the weathermen know. By the way I just drove down 169 to Tulsa a few weeks ago and there's about a 20 mile detour not to far north of Coffeyville that I did not enjoy. MIght consider taking I-44 to Joplin and then up 71 which almost directly leads to Arrowhead. 

Wanna say 71 has a high speed limit as well correct?

1 hour ago, Balto said:

That was last week.  Yesterday was perfect for golf and bad weather in AZ is usually better than any Jan/Feb weather in KC.

Archived