Saturday Snow?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Agreed if the likes of Jet, myself and I am sure more on this board can survive  the fridged temps of the 1996  Colts debacle a few can deal with a little snow...especially now with the prices being what they are. I'd die before burning that ticket

I'm with you, brother.  I wasn't at that game, but I was in the stands in 94 for the AFC Champ game against the Bills.  It wasnt as cold, but intermittent freezing rain throughout the game while sitting on shitty metal bleachers at old Rich Stadium.   I was miserable,  but wouldn't have missed it for anything!

18 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Any updates on weather?

Forecast I saw this morning predicted heaviest snow will end before game time. There will be some snow during game but they don’t see any major impact.  Maybe another inch in that four hour window. 

19 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Colts are 3-4 in outdoor stadiums this year. 

It probably matters a little as I assume they build their team with the fast field turf track in mind.  But as far as cold or snow goes, every roster is filled with guys who’ve had to weather elements on another team or in college.  

I did see the Colts practiced outside yesterday in the snow in Indy.  

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It probably matters a little as I assume they build their team with the fast field turf track in mind.  But as far as cold or snow goes, every roster is filled with guys who’ve had to weather elements on another team or in college.  

I did see the Colts practiced outside yesterday in the snow in Indy.  

Typically, teams that play home games in a dome do not fare well on the road in the playoffs.  I hope that's a trend that favors the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are due for so many breaks in the playoffs it's not even funny.

Just saw 6-8 around the stadium on two different sites. But both still suggested most of the accumulating snow will be over by 1 or so. They did say it will snow during the game at points though. The last thing an explosive offense wants is heavy snow bogging everything down, so hopefully the time line is right. Its a heated field and is covered right now so that should really help. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Just saw 6-8 around the stadium on two different sites. But both still suggested most of the accumulating snow will be over by 1 or so. They did say it will snow during the game at points though. The last thing an explosive offense wants is heavy snow bogging everything down, so hopefully the time line is right. Its a heated field and is covered right now so that should really help. 

They should be very productive. The defense won't be able to catch up with the receivers. 

Remember Smith putting up 40+ in Washington some years back? Bowe had a hell of a day so did Alex. That was a snow fest

11 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Screens to Ware will be there all day. 

Reading posts on Arrowhead Pride suggested taking "what they give" all day and forcing the Colts to start playing up closer, and then burning them deep later. Could be a screens to RB's kind of game. Hit the slant passes to Hill and Kelce and get the YAC.

1 minute ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Reading posts on Arrowhead Pride suggested taking "what they give" all day and forcing the Colts to start playing up closer, and then burning them deep later. Could be a screens to RB's kind of game. Hit the slant passes to Hill and Kelce and get the YAC.

That Colts defense really gets after you and into attack mode with regularity. Worked all day vs the Texas because they apparently forgot they had RBs to slow it down. I agree screen game we used alot with Alex will make a return which should open up passes downfield into that zone. Or vise versa as they try to cover that up. Cover 2 is supposed to guard against big plays, so Mahomes needs to be patient and not force deep passes. Thats the one area Luck has an advantage in that his experience will likely keep him in the nickel and dime us mode with only occasional shots to keep us honest. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

That Colts defense really gets after you and into attack mode with regularity. Worked all day vs the Texas because they apparently forgot they had RBs to slow it down. I agree screen game we used alot with Alex will make a return which should open up passes downfield into that zone. Or vise versa as they try to cover that up. Cover 2 is supposed to guard against big plays, so Mahomes needs to be patient and not force deep passes. Thats the one area Luck has an advantage in that his experience will likely keep him in the nickel and dime us mode with only occasional shots to keep us honest. 

Yes their defense is designed to stop the big play. Does not mean that will work. I see KC doing what they want on offense. Protect the ball. no turnovers and no field goals. Go all 4 downs when past midfield. Worse case result the Colts may start at midfield. So what. The defense will just get scored on sooner putting the ball back into Mahomes hands sooner & more often. Reid: Accept that your defense is more likely to fail than get the miracle play. Assume the worse and plan accordingly.

My guess is that it help the Colts, because of their running game and huge line.  In these conditions,  fasts cuts on the turf, like WR's have to do become a risk for slipping.  Smashmouth running by a huge line has an advantage.  Balls will be deflected in the air or punched out of the arms of the playmakers.  There will be more tunorvers.  This will be old style NFL down-in-the-dirt football which is a great equalizer.  The absence of Berry will be big, but it will make HItchen's and Ragland's style of defense more effective.  I think it will come down to turnovers and who has the ball last.  The difficult travel conditions are likely to reduce the attendance and reduce home field advantage.  The philosophy of the Chiefs should not be to out-think the other coach but get guys hyped up for just smash mouth reactive football that lets their overall talent advantage decide the outcome.

Home field advantage throughout the playoffs isn't worth much in January weather in KC, unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

It's snowed all day out here in Colorado.  It looks like it's part of the storm heading towards KC.  Not sure how much actual snow KC will get, but definitely headed your way if not already there.

its already in Columbia  calling for  around 8''s and the Hwy Patrol is busy busy busy

20 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

its already in Columbia  calling for  around 8''s and the Hwy Patrol is busy busy busy

Been snowing moderately in Olathe for a few hours but barely sticking as of yet with the temperature in the mid 30s. Its a weird deal where the cold air seems to be coming in from the east. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, FANATIC said:

Looks like snowing all day long? KC locals what are you hearing?

It is snowing right now, it is suppose to snow all night long and end sometime just before game time tomorrow, left Shawnee around 3:00pm with no snow on the ground and got home around 3:30pm near Gladstone with 2-4 inches of snow on the ground.

Just upgraded to Winter Storm Warning for 6-10 inches of snow. Gonna be a mess to get to the game for fans and the players for that matter. But Im still hearing it will only be lighter snow showers during the game. Needless to say the grounds crew at Arrowhead and outside Arrowhead is in for one long night. 

Archived