Mahomes

Mahomes is the difference making generational QB we have always longed for and made huge plays today. But the defense played out of this world today, 2nd half we couldn't put up points and they went in and dominated against a reputable team. Not had much positive to say about them all year, so today I give them their due. Houston, Ford, & Jones were difference makers today. Mad props 

I think we slowed down the O and we got out of rhythm, thankfully the D never gave the a chance to get back in the game.   

Mahomes played a great game in not optimal conditions and made plays when we had to.    We have some mojo going into next weekend!

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think we slowed down the O and we got out of rhythm, thankfully the D never gave the a chance to get back in the game.   

Mahomes played a great game in not optimal conditions and made plays when we had to.    We have some mojo going into next weekend!

That's what I saw. He was pressured and sacked but kept it together. Everyone is always bring up plays that the other team could have made, but Pat just missed a TD to Hill on one play. He makes that, and the Chiefs may have won by even more. This happened after he got sacked a few times.

9 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I don’t think I’m going out on a limb but any other previous Chief QB in this same game and we lose....

My mother, who knows little of the strategy of football; kept calling me and talking about Mahomes. She kept saying to me " he's really good isn't he"  

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

The drive right after the blocked punt was huge.

That was the game.  It could so easily have been the start of another downfall but the offense bailed them out.  Same with the Watkins fumble except this time the defense bailed out the team and kept the game from turning.  Great team win.

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

That was the game.  It could so easily have been the start of another downfall but the offense bailed them out.  Same with the Watkins fumble except this time the defense bailed out the team and kept the game from turning.  Great team win.

I thought when Watkins pulled the ball back into his body and was touched by the defender, he should have been down by contact.

I've noticed the last few games, at least the last two, that Mahomes is throwing low when he throws into tight windows.  Either his target gets the ball or no one does.  This is a really good sign, even though there are more low incompletions.  He keeps learning and getting better every week.  He makes an exception for big tall guys who win battles like Kelce or K Benjamin, so he tailors the throw almost instantly for the situation and who is being targeted.  That is absolutely amazing for a 23 year old.  I like the low throws and his focus on avoiding interceptions.  You can see his growth every single week. 

So what, if his passer rating was only 85 yesterday? The focus is on winning, not individual stats.  I am trying not to be too much of a homer, but after seeing great QB's  for a half century, I think it is possible that Mahomes could actually end up the greatest of all time. He is like Peyton Manning in mid career.  He still needs to tailor the arc and speed of each pass a little better for each situation, but that will come.

Alex Smith was perfect for a talented team without a franchise QB.  If there isn't a franchise QB, there just isn't. The best you can do is an Alex Smith.  He won a hell of a lot of games for us.  He continues to win for us through his mentoring of Mahomes.  But yes.  To win in the playoffs takes a real franchise QB who can carry the whole team on his shoulders when necessary.

Archived