How does everyone feel about next week?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like the pressure is off now.  Win or lose, this season was a resounding success.  Mahomes got reps and blew everyone away.  We won a home playoff game.  We're playing in the AFC title game.  If you asked anyone back in July how they'd feel about that, anyone would have been ecstatic.  Many people were pegging us to win anywhere from 7-9 games, and yet look where we are.  This season has been special, but not as special as the next few are going to be.  We finally got over the hump, and we're going to see multiple title game appearances in the near future.  I'm happy as shit.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

I feel like the pressure is off now.  Win or lose, this season was a resounding success.  Mahomes got reps and blew everyone away.  We won a home playoff game.  We're playing in the AFC title game.  If you asked anyone back in July how they'd feel about that, anyone would have been ecstatic.  Many people were pegging us to win anywhere from 7-9 games, and yet look where we are.  This season has been special, but not as special as the next few are going to be.  We finally got over the hump, and we're going to see multiple title game appearances in the near future.  I'm happy as shit.

You are on fire today Moon.  I agree with your assessment.... win or lose next week I am thrilled with this season. The thing is if we make a few tweaks on D we are going to be even better!

I think a big reason for the improvement on D is Ward.  The kid gets better each game.  

Even Sutton dialed up some blitzes & other creativity today.

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

Couldn't agree more.  The pressure is off and next weekend is gravy.  The Chiefs will be favored against either the Pats or Chargers and I really think the Pats are more beatable.  3-5 on the road, no Gordon, Gronk gimpy, and Brady not as magical.  The Chargers are the hungry team looking at limited chances for Rivers to win one, but we know the Chiefs can handle them if they pressure Rivers.  Much to look forward to and a look in future seasons as well'

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

You are on fire today Moon.  I agree with your assessment.... win or lose next week I am thrilled with this season. The thing is if we make a few tweaks on D we are going to be even better!

I think a big reason for the improvement on D is Ward.  The kid gets better each game.  

Even Sutton dialed up some blitzes & other creativity today.

I wonder if Sutton was blitzing because of ward? The other guys were so bad I don’t think he trusted them enough on the back end to bring extra pressure. Sutton May very well have saved his job today (though I personally don’t think it was ever in danger ). 

Houston is playing better than I've seen in over a year.   Gonna make this offseason interesting?   If we can play even close to that we can stamp our ticket to the SB.   And I agree with Moon.   We exercised a demon and everything from this point on is great experience for Pat and icing on the cake.   

Gotta think Watkins can only be better next week as well along with Cam and possibly getting Berry back for some depth on the back end.    I definitely breathed a sigh of relief after today and can't wait till next weekend!

57 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I wonder if Sutton was blitzing because of ward? The other guys were so bad I don’t think he trusted them enough on the back end to bring extra pressure. Sutton May very well have saved his job today (though I personally don’t think it was ever in danger ). 

I think he did save it. I'm not sure if that's good or bad (I'm leaning towards bad but that's because of past experiences, LOL).  What encouraged me is what Houston said in the interview after the game. He said they were communicating well on the back and front sides. 

Second year in a row that late in the season we seem to have simplified things and doing so seems to have helped our D out tremendously.     That can't bode well for Sutton even as well as we played today.   Also being forced to play Lucas and Ward couldn't have been his decision or at least it didn't seem like it was also doesn't bode well.    But we all know Andy is loyal to a fault so who knows?!     And I don't care at least for the next 3 weeks as long as they keep playing like they have these last two games.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Right now, the Chiefs are 3.5 point favorites against whomever they play next weekend.  That will change when the opponent is determined, but it shows that the Vegas smart money has faith in the Chiefs in Arrowhead. 

I think the betting line always starts with the home team at -3 and then adjusts from there. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Second year in a row that late in the season we seem to have simplified things and doing so seems to have helped our D out tremendously.     That can't bode well for Sutton even as well as we played today.   Also being forced to play Lucas and Ward couldn't have been his decision or at least it didn't seem like it was also doesn't bode well.    But we all know Andy is loyal to a fault so who knows?!     And I don't care at least for the next 3 weeks as long as they keep playing like they have these last two games.

Was it really simplification or just guys getting better and doing their jobs? Ward had Made a huge difference and Lucas is coming along. The front 6 or 7 get a lot better when the back four aren’t letting guys run wide open. 

After the Raiders game, I saw a distinct difference in how this team plays Defense.  I feel the sky is the limit.  We made some mistakes in the game that teams in the past would have folded like a house of cards. This game, the team responded. I like our chances moving forward against any team.

Our offense left a lot of points on the field. Game should have been put beyond reach in the third quarter.

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

Arrowhead is going to be rocking, felt like we were all nervous all the way till the clock hit 0 and rightfully so but next game that is all gone and now it is time to enjoy and cheer the magic Mahomes train ride....

It was great to see all the fans stay there until it hit 0.

We needed to see every second of this win to enjoy it.

Archived