How does everyone feel about next week?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, moons314 said:

Was it really simplification or just guys getting better and doing their jobs? Ward had Made a huge difference and Lucas is coming along. The front 6 or 7 get a lot better when the back four aren’t letting guys run wide open. 

Getting Parker and Scandrick out of there has made a HUGE difference in coverage. The thing is, we actually heard Reid say himself that he thought it was time to try simething different and give the kids a look. That was after the Seattle game.

So we have evidence that Reid had to step in and force personnel changes. We know that wasnt Werthers call. 

With our pass rush, and good coverage on the back end, this looks like a different unit. The true test is going to be next week. Whoever we play is going to try and run it down our throats. The Colts didnt run much and you see how that worked out.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Getting Parker and Scandrick out of there has made a HUGE difference in coverage. The thing is, we actually heard Reid say himself that he thought it was time to try simething different and give the kids a look. That was after the Seattle game.

So we have evidence that Reid had to step in and force personnel changes. We know that wasnt Werthers call. 

With our pass rush, and good coverage on the back end, this looks like a different unit. The true test is going to be next week. Whoever we play is going to try and run it down our throats. The Colts didnt run much and you see how that worked out.

Early on Colts could not run it! Sure it was not their choice. Hope Odaniel can play Sunday.

I am kind of torn between which team the Chiefs should play next week. On one hand I want to see  Rivers have his ass handed to him by the defense but on the other hand as  much as I dislike Brady and want to see him humiliated by sacks and INT's.  But I am leaning more towards the Pats.  It's time for the Chiefs to kick some Brady Bunch ass and get that monkey off the Chiefs back and give Brady his walking papers.    His time should be over and I would like the Chiefs to show him.

11 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

You are on fire today Moon.  I agree with your assessment.... win or lose next week I am thrilled with this season. The thing is if we make a few tweaks on D we are going to be even better!

I think a big reason for the improvement on D is Ward.  The kid gets better each game.  

Even Sutton dialed up some blitzes & other creativity today.

Thank God the team does not feel like Moon.  They don't care about anything except winning the next game and are single-minded about wanting to win the SB.  Even though this season has been fantastic, the players don't feel like they have done anything until they win the SB. I'm relieved that the boogie man about home playoff games is off our shoulders, but that is pretty much a thing that only fans and the owner experience.  These young guys from all over the United States (and Canada) don't remember or give a shit about any of that history. This is their time and their team, and they merely want to take the Lombardi.

14 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Early on Colts could not run it! Sure it was not their choice. Hope Odaniel can play Sunday.

Agreed. The Chiefs D just stopped them. They got gashed a few times, but for the most part they held up. 

51 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I would rather play the Chargers, because the Chiefs have pretty much owned our division.

I don't really care either way, and I don't think the Chiefs do, either.  Otherwise, their are getting a reactive mindset and will spend all week trying to figure out how they are going to beat a particular QB or players.  At this point, it is just about executing, playing fast and aggressive, and holding onto the football. To hell with their opponent.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They tried to early, but the defense made the stops needed to get them off the field.  

Also, the Chiefs actually consumed time on offense and built a 17-0 lead early into the 2nd quarter.

With the defense forcing 3 and outs, KC offense getting 1st downs and with KC getting the ball back after the half, the Colts never really got the ball with a chance to do anything in the game other than their first 1-3 drives where the KC defense shut them down.

42 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't really care eithe.r way, and I don't think the Chiefs do, either.  Otherwise, their are getting a reactive mindset and will spend all week trying to figure out how they are going to beat a particular QB or players.  At this point, it is just about executing, playing fast and aggressive, and holding onto the football. To hell with their opponent.

You will go with the team Nancy Pelosi is cheering for next week

1 hour ago, dksww said:

They tried to early, but the defense made the stops needed to get them off the field.  

Also, the Chiefs actually consumed time on offense and built a 17-0 lead early into the 2nd quarter.

With the defense forcing 3 and outs, KC offense getting 1st downs and with KC getting the ball back after the half, the Colts never really got the ball with a chance to do anything in the game other than their first 1-3 drives where the KC defense shut them down.

Midway through the 4th quarter they had just 126 total yards. 40 minutes to 20 minutes in TOP. Domination and now teams have to respect our running game too......the horror for them to play us now and at home.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Thank God the team does not feel like Moon.  They don't care about anything except winning the next game and are single-minded about wanting to win the SB.  Even though this season has been fantastic, the players don't feel like they have done anything until they win the SB. I'm relieved that the boogie man about home playoff games is off our shoulders, but that is pretty much a thing that only fans and the owner experience.  These young guys from all over the United States (and Canada) don't remember or give a shit about any of that history. This is their time and their team, and they merely want to take the Lombardi.

I get what you're saying and agree that the most important game is the next one.  But the feeling is still that getting the win yesterday was very important to the team and especially the fans.  The Chiefs are known as a flawed team with an electric offense.  Playing well against an opponent with a very good rushing attack, a top QB, and one that was on a hot streak and beating them decisively was huge.  Getting past all the talking heads who said the Chiefs would be run over was huge.  Everyone knew the Colts would put up big numbers on the ground and Kelce would have a field day against the Colts' cover two.  Everyone was half right.  I'll be less disappointed if the Chiefs lose next Sunday than I would have been if they lost yesterday.  Enjoy the ride and we'll just have to see if/where it ends.

I am in Heaven.  Mex and I were texting during yesterdays game and we are in full agreement the "Demons have been Exercised"

Also, we have noted that we have a QB of the Future that most probably will rewrite every QB record in the book if he stays healthy.

Couple of other points:

The Defense Played Better because the players EACH played a great game starting with Ward, Nelson, Fuller, Jones, Houston and Ford.

The Key guys were:

1. Ward- He took away what the Colts believed would be easy completions

2. Jones - after the 3rd batted pass, he was living next door to Ford and Houston inside Andrew Lucks noggin.

3. Ford, this guy MUST be resigned

4. Houston  - Like DT, Neil Smith and Billy Maas....You need Ford, Houston & Jones....

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I get what you're saying and agree that the most important game is the next one.  But the feeling is still that getting the win yesterday was very important to the team and especially the fans.  The Chiefs are known as a flawed team with an electric offense.  Playing well against an opponent with a very good rushing attack, a top QB, and one that was on a hot streak and beating them decisively was huge.  Getting past all the talking heads who said the Chiefs would be run over was huge.  Everyone knew the Colts would put up big numbers on the ground and Kelce would have a field day against the Colts' cover two.  Everyone was half right.  I'll be less disappointed if the Chiefs lose next Sunday than I would have been if they lost yesterday.  Enjoy the ride and we'll just have to see if/where it ends.

Good post. You are saying that the players and coaches DO want to prove the sports writers wrong about this year and our defense.  True, but my remark was about all the history about having lost the last four playoff games at home.  I don't think the players care about that one bit.  Some of them were not even born for some of those games, and they all had favortie teams around the country when they were kids in the recent past..  THIS team is their team, not the ones from long ago that had last second field goals fail, like Stenerud on Christmas day in 1971 or later the player who shall not be named.  This team cares about proving this year's sports writers wrong, not about righting the frustrations of the long ago past like we fans are.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The intensity and effort we played with on the defensive end, I doubt anything would have mattered that much. But only having  8 carries for Mack is inexcusable. Just allowed crowd to be a huge factor and our pass rushers to tee off on Luck.  Almost zero chance the Patriots make that same mistake. 

4 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I would rather play the Chargers, because the Chiefs have pretty much owned our division.

Agree with your logic because even the lone loss the last five years was fluky in nature.  But I’d rather play NE.  The way they are playing today though it’s a be careful what you wish for situation. 

This team isn't trying to sneak a SB win in we are trying to beat the door down for the next decade.   Like any great team/dynasty you have to knock off the current team/dynasty from their perch.   I don't want any short cuts.   I want to serve them what they've been serving us the last couple decades.   I want them in Arrowhead to get punched in the mouth over and over and leave with their tales between their legs.  I want the Media in NE to call for Brady to retire.   I want teams around the league to get desperate to try and slow us down and stop us.   If we lose so be it, it will be a learning lesson for next year but I no longer feel like I have to cheer for the lesser of the two teams to win to give us a shot.   I believe we can beat anyone on any given Sunday and if we play well we can dominate anyone!   Im pulling for a NE beatdown next week to usher in a new era and new dynasty!

3 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Mahomes will pick NE apart, again.  And if our defense is able to get pressure on Brady, we should win.  But, you just know that Belichick will pound Michel against us; hopefully we’re able to stop him.

The key for KC on  defense will be Dorian Odaniel. If he can contain James White out of the backfield,  WE WILL WIN.

13 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We had ZERO injuries against the Colts.  ZERO.  Watkins should be back to full speed,   Berry? WTFK?  Ware? Maybe. LDT?? Wouldn't that be nice?

All we need is Odaniel healthy. If he is, then we can shut down James White.  Gronkowski is not the same player.  Lucas should fair well against him.  Just as long as we dont Sorenson covering him.

Archived