How does everyone feel about next week?

It would be nice if Berry could play even part time.  His skills and experience would overcome his lack of recent playing time.  Keeping Watkins healthy is #1 in making the offense that much more dangerous.  O'Daniel would also help, but the Chiefs seems to do well without him yesterday.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Good post. You are saying that the players and coaches DO want to prove the sports writers wrong about this year and our defense.  True, but my remark was about all the history about having lost the last four playoff games at home.  I don't think the players care about that one bit.  Some of them were not even born for some of those games, and they all had favortie teams around the country when they were kids in the recent past..  THIS team is their team, not the ones from long ago that had last second field goals fail, like Stenerud on Christmas day in 1971 or later the player who shall not be named.  This team cares about proving this year's sports writers wrong, not about righting the frustrations of the long ago past like we fans are.

No disagreement, but I'll bet the players were very tired of hearing about 25 yrs., 0-6, and last quarter collapses just like the fans.  The beast has been slain. 

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Thank God the team does not feel like Moon.  They don't care about anything except winning the next game and are single-minded about wanting to win the SB.  Even though this season has been fantastic, the players don't feel like they have done anything until they win the SB. I'm relieved that the boogie man about home playoff games is off our shoulders, but that is pretty much a thing that only fans and the owner experience.  These young guys from all over the United States (and Canada) don't remember or give a shit about any of that history. This is their time and their team, and they merely want to take the Lombardi.

I was speaking from a fan standpoint, and I never claimed to speak for the players.  Even the Raiders at one point this season cared about the Super Bowl.  

3 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I am pumped for the game. Glad to see Defense coming alive.  Offensively need to put teams away when we get the chance.  That was as my min concern from the Indy game. 

Mahomes threw two really perfect passes that were dropped when we had the chance you are talking about to put them away.  His passer rating was only 85 for the game, but it would have been well over 100 if it hadn't been for the drops.  Those passes weren't even marginal.  They were placed exactly right. One of the drops was Watkins, but he sure made up for it on that one mind-blowing, one-handed reception.

10 hours ago, West said:

I am in Heaven.  Mex and I were texting during yesterdays game and we are in full agreement the "Demons have been Exercised"

Also, we have noted that we have a QB of the Future that most probably will rewrite every QB record in the book if he stays healthy.

Couple of other points:

The Defense Played Better because the players EACH played a great game starting with Ward, Nelson, Fuller, Jones, Houston and Ford.

The Key guys were:

1. Ward- He took away what the Colts believed would be easy completions

2. Jones - after the 3rd batted pass, he was living next door to Ford and Houston inside Andrew Lucks noggin.

3. Ford, this guy MUST be resigned

4. Houston  - Like DT, Neil Smith and Billy Maas....You need Ford, Houston & Jones....

there was a time when so many hated Ford, for whatever reason

dude is a stud

58 minutes ago, mex said:

there was a time when so many hated Ford, for whatever reason

dude is a stud

I want him tagged and prove it again

That or signed to a contract with heavy on playing time and bonuses for sacks etc. I still think if it was not for a free agent year he would have missed a few games again. He has played in one full season starting every game and it was this year. He is turning out to be good but wish I had seen this a couple years in a row before this year is all. Gun shy about the big contracts and injured players lately I guess.

10 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I want him tagged and prove it again

That or signed to a contract with heavy on playing time and bonuses for sacks etc. I still think if it was not for a free agent year he would have missed a few games again. He has played in one full season starting every game and it was this year. He is turning out to be good but wish I had seen this a couple years in a row before this year is all. Gun shy about the big contracts and injured players lately I guess.

You don't let a guy walk who can do what Ford does.  Period.

23 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I think we are more talented than the Pats. This one will come down to game planning & coaching. Brady will come out firing slants and quick outs to neutralize our pass rush. If we can get a few stops and a lead, we're on the way to the SB 

It's going to come down to Nelson and Ward jamming the midget receivers and disrupting the timing.

It's all timing in that system.

54 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't mean to brag, but I made a late decision last week to wear my red LDT M.D. jersey.  This decision helped us break a lot of long playoff losing streaks, many of which had lasted years.  I will wear the same thing next week, thus ensuring victory.  

If chiefs win the SB, I’ll petition to get your statue next to Mahomes

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I don't mean to brag, but I made a late decision last week to wear my red LDT M.D. jersey.  This decision helped us break a lot of long playoff losing streaks, many of which had lasted years.  I will wear the same thing next week, thus ensuring victory.  

i wore my priest jersey, perfect choice to exercise the demons

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

You don't let a guy walk who can do what Ford does.  Period.

False,  you don't let a guy walk who does what Ford has done consistently year after year. You make a guy like Ford who is playing like this for the first time in a contract year prove it again with a franchise tag. See if he can hold up two years in a row before anything long term can be considered.

4 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

False,  you don't let a guy walk who does what Ford has done consistently year after year. You make a guy like Ford who is playing like this for the first time in a contract year prove it again with a franchise tag. See if he can hold up two years in a row before anything long term can be considered.

But how many franchise tag stars end up signing long term with the team that tagged them?  I'm saying that only because I honestly do not know.

5 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Have you washed it ever?

Archived