How does everyone feel about next week?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many BIG games have the Pats played this year? One maybe, against us? The GB game maybe? The Pitt game ok let's say three.

Chiefs big games: You could legitely say 5 of the first 6 games the Chiefs have played were all BIG. Forget LA, Jacksonville (at the time had just whooped up on NE btw and were 3-1) and SF.

Let's say @ Pitt , the Denver comeback on MNF,  @ NE on SNF,  Most Epic MNF game ever @ Rams, Baltimore overtime physically and mentally draining game,  follow up with the Charger TNF loss, @ Seattle in another a MNF thrilling shootout. 

Point being is Chiefs are mentally and physically battle-tested. Mahomes has grown so much each and every game. The defense is trending upwards, and we're healthy at the right time. NE will always be NE and always have the playoff experience...but on the road @ Arrowhead for the Lamar Hunt Trophy? Think about it for a mn is you built for it? 

The HIGH temp on Sunday is going to be about 9 degrees.  It is likely to be zero or below before the game ends.  I don't think that old Brady guy will handle it as well as our young guy, Mahomes. There is a correlation between age and cold tolerance.  The question is how it will affect the passing game and the kicking game. I also wonder how the players will keep their faces from freezing. They will have to wear masks.  I also have to take my hat off to the fans who will brave these temps and keep our home field advantage. I would like to own the hand warmer and foot warmer concession.

Somebody better be out there checking the pressure in those footballs.  We don't want a "deflating" experience.

I found this reference.  https://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1113311322/how-much-does-cold-weather-affect-football-010915/

19 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The HIGH temp on Sunday is going to be about 9 degrees.  It is likely to be zero or below before the game ends.  I don't think that old Brady guy will handle it as well as our young guy, Mahomes. There is a correlation between age and cold tolerance.  The question is how it will affect the passing game and the kicking game. I also wonder how the players will keep their faces from freezing. They will have to wear masks.  I also have to take my hat off to the fans who will brave these temps and keep our home field advantage. I would like to own the hand warmer and foot warmer concession.

Somebody better be out there checking the pressure in those footballs.  We don't want a "deflating" experience.

I found this reference.  https://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1113311322/how-much-does-cold-weather-affect-football-010915/

Even though I believe the cold will hurt Brady's arm strength more than it does Pat's he still has quite a bit of games under his belt in such conditions. The big advantage we have is that they won't be able to cheat as easily on the road. 

3 hours ago, MisChief-Maker said:

Read on another forum that the weather forcast for Sunday is improving so we'll see. 

The weather bureau is known for its amazing accuracy.

Maintaining maximum glucose levels is  super important in cold weather.  With the Pats history of cheating, it would not surprise me if they didn't secretly attach little IV bags to their arms under their uniforms that pump in glucose solution. :lol:    After all, no one who got traded or released from the Pats would ever spill the beans about that.

I'm sure that all teams in cold weather games probably eat candy throughout the game (they should). 

It's going to be a hell of a great game. I don't think the weather effects Brady what so ever, he's played games in cold wretched conditions his entire career. Never underestimate NE when it's the playoffs.  I think it's going to be a battle and down to the last possession once again. Chiefs will eek out the win though.  Chiefs by 3

MisChief-Maker is right.  Forecast is improving.  A high of around 20 on Sunday.  A hell of a lot better than 9 with it reaching near 0 by the end of the game.  Unless it is really windy, I don't think weather will be a factor.  In Mahomes I Trust...especially with Watkins back. Arrowhead fans can stay warm by keeping their vocal cords active. 

Archived