Just now, Calichief said:

Chris Jones had 3 batted balls, and no offense to the sensitive, but he pushed Nelson’s shit IN.

He was pushing Nelson back for most of the game. I was worried about this matchup, but Jones held his own. It wasn't easy, Nelson is legit;  but Jones did what he needed to do. 

Just now, qnet said:

He was pushing Nelson back for most of the game. I was worried about this matchup, but Jones held his own. It wasn't easy, Nelson is legit;  but Jones did what he needed to do. 

He was in Nelson’s ass.

nhandi was pushing him back too

I think the last half of the season Houston really looked like he was back to 100%. He has been great. As for Ford. I was skeptical with it being a contract year and we have seen players blow up that year and then drop off. But I don’t know man. Pass rushers are hard to find. 

I think Veach has to convince Houston to restructure in a way that doesn't cripple us long term but allows us to keep Houston around at least one more year and give enough room to at least tag Ford.   Gotta figure a way to keep Houston, Jones and Ford together for another year.   Ward seems to be locking down a CB spot and Fuller is great at nickel.   Berry gets himself healthy along with Lucas and maybe we only really need another S, starting CB, and some depth at ILB and DL.  Something that can easily be done in the offseason.

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Veach has to convince Houston to restructure in a way that doesn't cripple us long term but allows us to keep Houston around at least one more year and give enough room to at least tag Ford.   Gotta figure a way to keep Houston, Jones and Ford together for another year.   Ward seems to be locking down a CB spot and Fuller is great at nickel.   Berry gets himself healthy along with Lucas and maybe we only really need another S, starting CB, and some depth at ILB and DL.  Something that can easily be done in the offseason.

Agree except a couple small things.  I think we need to move on from Berry.  I tag Ford , but with his injury history I’m very leery about giving him a big contract. Of those three, I think jones is the most important to have signed long term. 

3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Was he hurt in the middle of the game or did they just rest him when Speaks was in there for him?

Speaks was playing at the same time in some packages. And was in there to close out the game with all the backups 

19 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Berry, Lucas, Watts, and new guy could make up the safety corp next season. 

On 1/13/2019 at 11:13 AM, moons314 said:

Agree except a couple small things.  I think we need to move on from Berry.  I tag Ford , but with his injury history I’m very leery about giving him a big contract. Of those three, I think jones is the most important to have signed long term. 

Jones is definitely the most important piece in the puzzle and likely to be taken care of after the SB. I'm not sure about the rest though, the odds seem to be against us. If healthy Berry is a major piece on defense and a game changer but the "if healthy" part is a concern. Unless he retires he'll be in town until 2021 with the way his contract is structures. Regarding Houston he's 30 with a year left on his deal. He would probably favor a 3-year deal but not sure if he gives a discount to the Chiefs or wait a year before signing a big FA deal that will pay him better. Ford is a weird situation. He has been often injured but when healthy he's a great pass rusher. The weird part is that he's 28 at the end of his rookie deal so he probably has only one major NFL contract and considering his injury status he'll try to cash in now. I doubt he would favor a tag or a short term prove-it approach so that could lead to some drama. 

Archived