Charvarious Ward

5 minutes ago, MisChief-Maker said:

The great thing about Ward is IF he manages to continue this good form In this playoff run then it may mean we only need one CB to replace Nelson. I said he reminds me of Bouye and I've seen nothing to make me believe otherwise. 

Funny the announcers were saying Nelson had been thrown at the most in the NFL and had one of the best passes completed percentages as CB. Did anyone catch that? If so we may want to draft one for depth still but keep Nelson too.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Funny the announcers were saying Nelson had been thrown at the most in the NFL and had one of the best passes completed percentages as CB. Did anyone catch that? If so we may want to draft one for depth still but keep Nelson too.

On deep balls percentage.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Yeah its a crappy market for CB this yr. Nelson is 25, homegrown and is a solid cover corner with a lot of starting experience. If they are gonna pay someone, it may as well be him. 

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah its a crappy market for CB this yr. Nelson is 25, homegrown and is a solid cover corner with a lot of starting experience. If they are gonna pay someone, it may as well be him. 

he shouldnt' be too expensive, either.

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nelson is not very good. Best pass rush in the league yet? Not sure he should be starting.

24 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I think he could be a good slot guy and play Fuller outside. But he will want more than slot money.

Wards emergence has allowed them to move Fuller back to the slot where he absolutely excels. This CB trio is working. Ill be surprised if they dont pay Nelson and keep it intact going forward.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Wards emergence has allowed them to move Fuller back to the slot where he absolutely excels. This CB trio is working. Ill be surprised if they dont pay Nelson and keep it intact going forward.

Yeah. Fuller is good in the slot. Just think he is better than Nelson. I think Nelson is gone.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Fuller, Ward, and Nelson are okay, but the Chiefs should still draft a CB high.  They'll need him down the road if not sooner.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

Yeah. Fuller is good in the slot. Just think he is better than Nelson. I think Nelson is gone.

Bye. Draft a corner. Watts coming back.

the way defense is played now, all the hybrid players on the field

next year

berry ward fuller watts Lucas 

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If Nelson's market value is around what Terrance Mitchell got I would be all for keeping him. However I think he'll want to test the market that seems to throw a lot of money at FAs so he's likely gone. We'll see how things turn out though.

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

what are you saying?  Top 5 CB money?  Top 10?  Top 20?

If he wants to stay in KC, he might sign a discounted contract.  4/40m, or something like that.  If he tests the market, I could see him getting 12m per, or more.

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

If he wants to stay in KC, he might sign a discounted contract.  4/40m, or something like that.  If he tests the market, I could see him getting 12m per, or more.

Agreed. I think he will get 10 million per or more. They can give the money to him, or draft a CB high and pay a FS. They are gonna have to spend somewhere back there though. 

Nelson getting an average of $10M per year would put make him a top 15 paid CB in the league.

Are we sure this is gonna happen?  He would be making about the same amount as Patrick Peterson and Casey Heyward.

I mean I'm not saying anyone is wrong here, just finding that very surprising.  I know he's been much better this year and expected it, but just not sure how he grades out vs the rest of the top CBs in the league.

https://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/2019/

1 minute ago, dksww said:

Nelson getting an average of $10M per year would put make him a top 15 paid CB in the league.

Are we sure this is gonna happen?  He would be making about the same amount as Patrick Peterson and Casey Heyward.

I mean I'm not saying anyone is wrong here, just finding that very surprising.  I know he's been much better this year and expected it, but just not sure how he grades out vs the rest of the top CBs in the league.

https://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/2019/

He graded out as the 28th CB overall. That includes slot guys too. He had a good year. Hes a solid cover guy. We all know he is susceptible to getting beat over the top and doesnt have great high end speed, which is why he holds so much.

But the guy is still only 25. Hes started almost 40 games. He had 15 passes defended this year. He is homegrown so we already have time invested. I think he will absolutely approach 10 million per because thats what the market dictates these days. And he should. He is an improving young corner with good cover skills.

I guess people dont want him back because he has trouble locating the ball??? I dont know why really. When healthy the dude is a good corner. And its an AWFUL market for CB this yr.

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He graded out as the 28th CB overall. That includes slot guys too. He had a good year. Hes a solid cover guy. We all know he is susceptible to getting beat over the top and doesnt have great high end speed, which is why he holds so much.

But the guy is still only 25. Hes started almost 40 games. He had 15 passes defended this year. He is homegrown so we already have time invested. I think he will absolutely approach 10 million per because thats what the market dictates these days. And he should. He is an improving young corner with good cover skills.

I guess people dont want him back because he has trouble locating the ball??? I dont know why really. When healthy the dude is a good corner. And its an AWFUL market for CB this yr.

I definitely would want him back, I guess I am just surprised he would cost that much considering guys like Chris Harris and A. Talib are at about $8M.

When I see Nelson get beat it's a perfect pass like the one on Sunday to Hilton or in the Seahawks' game.

Otherwise, you never really see him even get targeted, a lot of that is due to everyone testing Ward the past few weeks, but I would definitely take Nelson back next year and beyond.

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

I definitely would want him back, I guess I am just surprised he would cost that much considering guys like Chris Harris and A. Talib are at about $8M.

When I see Nelson get beat it's a perfect pass like the one on Sunday to Hilton or in the Seahawks' game.

Otherwise, you never really see him even get targeted, a lot of that is due to everyone testing Ward the past few weeks, but I would definitely take Nelson back next year and beyond.

Another thing we have to factor in is safety play. They challenge our CBs deep because they know there is such shitty help over the top coming from the safeties. Sorenson, Parker, Murray. They all fuckin blow. Why wouldnt QBs take shots?

Archived