Can we sustain

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Probably the Pats first choice was not to play the Chiefs in Arrowhead.  A little pressure on the GOAT and the noise will be immense.  Brady likes to call a lot at the line.  It won't be so easy in Arrowhead.

I'm pretty sure this will be one of the loudest environments ever in the playoffs so Brady won't have an easy time. He seems to have our number when it matters but we have been breaking curses this year, another one on the way. 

11 hours ago, qnet said:

One interesting thing I noticed after going back and looking at it. During the Reid era, the Chiefs have not lost to the Pats when Justin Houston was healthy and starting. Both times, at Foxboro and Arrowhead the Chiefs kicked the living crap out of them, and Houston had multiple sacks of Brady. 

Interesting.

10 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

See this is a huge factor people miss. Cadences at the LOS. Brady changes the play so much pre snap. It will be interesting to see how he copes with Arrowhead where the Chiefs will be defending their founder's trophy in essence.

I'm sure in his career, he has dealt with noise a lot.  Of course, his record on the road is nothing special, either. A guy who audibles a lot would have some difficulty with noise, obviously.  Does anyone know what Peyton Manning's record was on the road.  Nobody audibled more than him.

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm pretty sure this will be one of the loudest environments ever in the playoffs so Brady won't have an easy time. He seems to have our number when it matters but we have been breaking curses this year, another one on the way. 

We've only played him one time in the playoffs before haven't we? We buried the Pats the last time they were here on MNF. And have split that last two in prime time in Foxboro. This is one team that hasn't had our number other than the reality they've been a better team that we have. 

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Arrowhead has proven to be the biggest home field advantage in the NFL by far this season when comparing home points given up vs road points. We never gave up 30 points at home to anyone.  Even in the expected really cold conditions, if we can continue that trend, I think we will win.  

In this article, http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18187728/the-amazing-numbers-new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady-road-201-wins-nfl-2016 I found that Brady's career win record is 85.7% at home and 67.5% on the road.    Obviously, that includes a lot of loud stadiums. I do know that Bellichik will be prepared for Arrowhead noise.  Most likely he will have a whole series of scripted plays that all the offensive players will know by heart.  The only thing I would count on is that the Chiefs will win if they play better, faster, and more aggressively, want it more, and execute.  That pretty much covers it, doesn't it?  :lol:

30 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

In this article, http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18187728/the-amazing-numbers-new-england-patriots-qb-tom-brady-road-201-wins-nfl-2016 I found that Brady's career win record is 85.7% at home and 67.5% on the road.    Obviously, that includes a lot of loud stadiums. I do know that Bellichik will be prepared for Arrowhead noise.  Most likely he will have a whole series of scripted plays that all the offensive players will know by heart.  The only thing I would count on is that the Chiefs will win if they play better, faster, and more aggressively, want it more, and execute.  That pretty much covers it, doesn't it?  :lol:

A more interesting stat would be Brady's record against quality teams on the road.  They play at the Bills and Jets every year and both haven't been good during the Brady years.  Not saying he won't be good or that Belichek won't have a solution to the crowd, but Arrowhead gives the Chiefs an advantage and I'm not sure the Pats are all that much better even on a neutral site. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

A more interesting stat would be Brady's record against quality teams on the road.  They play at the Bills and Jets every year and both haven't been good during the Brady years.  Not saying he won't be good or that Belichek won't have a solution to the crowd, but Arrowhead gives the Chiefs an advantage and I'm not sure the Pats are all that much better even on a neutral site. 

They have not won a road AFC championship away game since 2004. They are 3-4 in such games. All 5 losses this year against the likes of Miami, Detroit etc were all on the road and to non playoff teams.

Edit. They are 2-4 so far in the road . This will be their 7th game and I was already counting it as a lost..

16 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We've only played him one time in the playoffs before haven't we? We buried the Pats the last time they were here on MNF. And have split that last two in prime time in Foxboro. This is one team that hasn't had our number other than the reality they've been a better team that we have. 

I think the split on monday and the playoffs was a good indicator of the Pats. They are very beatable but seem to get up to another gear in the playoffs. The key is that they have never been underdogs up to this year and struggled all year long on the road so this will be a whole other story. 

1 hour ago, SEMO said:

Chris Jones is key.  Brady has struggled, historically, when pressured up the middle.  He is not mobile, so if he can't step up in the pocket to avoid outside pressure, he can be had.

True, I just hope Houston and Ford can pressure him also. I have to believe Bellichik may try max protection to help out. 

I think we should try to squeeze Patriots and make them try to beat us over the top. We know they are gonna try and run Sony down our throats and slow pass rush with screens to White. 

Let’s play closer to the LOS and try to choke that strategy.  I’ll risk big plays with Brady’s 42 year old arm over letting him nickel and dime us to death (which he proved vs LA, he’s still very adept at).  

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think we should try to squeeze Patriots and make them try to beat us over the top. We know they are gonna try and run Sony down our throats and slow pass rush with screens to White. 

Let’s play closer to the LOS and try to choke that strategy.  I’ll risk big plays with Brady’s 42 year old arm over letting him nickel and dime us to death (which he proved vs LA, he’s still very adept at).  

This is exactly my belief. We limit the run and make him beat us deep. With it being cold, we make Brady feel every single on of those 41 years of mileage on his body. We do not even have to sack him, just need to make him get up off the ground time and time again. Make him run for his life and think on the move. No easy completions. This game needs to be about desire and "want it". The Chiefs have no rings in the past 49 years. No Afc Championship appearance in 25 years. Chiefs will have the advantage in hunger. If they chanel it, the Patriots are in big trouble.

8 hours ago, SEMO said:

Chris Jones is key.  Brady has struggled, historically, when pressured up the middle.  He is not mobile, so if he can't step up in the pocket to avoid outside pressure, he can be had.

Knocking Brady off his line and make him move is crucial. And keep those hands up because no matter what the moron Booger McFarland says, tipped passes are a great thing for the defense. 

I wonder how much wind there will be.  There are blizzard conditions forcast for Saturday, then clearing late.  Sunday will be unbelievably cold, but if it is also windy, it will be impossible.  It will take away the kicking and passing game.  Whoever wins will have the strongest line and the deepest group of running backs. 

We should start a GoFundMe campaign to pay all fans with tickets who show up and which would pay for their tickets.  The winner of the game could depend on our fans showing showing up. Though I am a huge fan, not even I would show up for a game like that. I don't even OWN an electric jockstrap.

With the team possibly a contender for years, possibly with home field advantage in many playoffs, we really ought to build a dome.  After all, KC in mid-January could be like this as often as not. Where is global warming when we really need it?

Archived