admit it... there were a couple of times

when you said.. "Oh boy here we go" its ok to admit we fans have been conditioned. I was not confident until  around the 3 minute left in the game mark.

All that being said this was refreshing. I too dont care who we play next weekend. I am a believer..it took this long for me not to have  a underlying  panic attack  at every bad moment . I think the D's turn around  had more to do with  the D just being sick & tired of hearing that they are the weak link.

Did that last performance save  Sutton's job?? I dunno but IF the defense plays that well next week for better or worse I'd say he had saved his job.

Just now, oldtimer said:

when you said.. "Oh boy here we go" its ok to admit we fans have been conditioned. I was not confident until  around the 3 minute left in the game mark.

All that being said this was refreshing. I too dont care who we play next weekend. I am a believer..it took this long for me not to have  a underlying  panic attack  at every bad moment . I think the D's turn around  had more to do with  the D just being sick & tired of hearing that they are the weak link.

Did that last performance save  Sutton's job?? I dunno but IF the defense plays that well next week for better or worse I'd say he had saved his job.

No way it saved him. If the others had more if an input as stated here, then you see why it is time to move on. We are better because it took others to show him his flaws and to do minor corrections and we see the results. Give him his ring when we win and wish him well. 

The stadium was not resting easy until about 6 minutes to go and then you could sense the change. When it was down under 3 to 2 minutes people were high fiving,  hugging  and chanting!

I was pretty nervous the whole game...the clock couldn't move fast enough.

When they blocked that punt for a TD I thought "well, here we go." Then we went down the field and scored a TD. Awesome feeling!

Then I felt it again when Watkins fumbled. Then, D Fords strip sack..Awesome feeling!

Just needed to keep the clock moving..I think i was more worried about that..All game I waited for the Defense to let everyone down. THEY DIDNT...Very Awesome feeling!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

The Colts scoring a TD without even a 1st down and Watkins fumble were nerve racking reality checks of years past. But man did this team respond instantly both times.  They just refused to let the ghosts of playoffs past beat us.  

This instantly became my favorite day I’ve ever spent at Arrowhead. 

I was very nervous after the blocked punt for a TD,  After the Wadkins fumble, and when Luck marched the Colts down the field at the end of the half.

On the flip side,  I was encouraged by how the Chiefs answered back.  

-   After the blocked punt,  we marched down the field and scored a TD

-   After the lost fumble,  the Defense got the ball right back.

-   After the Colts marched down the Field,  our Defense come out in the second half and played well. 

We never let the Colts gain momentum. Everytime   they did something,  we answered back. 

I think it is quite possible  that if this game was played last year,  the team would have folded and we would have lost.  This team believes in each other and never feels despair.  That is all on #15.  He is a true difference maker on this team. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I've said "oh boy here we go" about 2 or 3 times. Finally the promised one broke the curse

QBs matter. LOL.   Gotta give defense massive props too. Dee Ford and Justin Houston combined to make the play that effectively broke the back of any curse. 

21 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i will admit i did not relax and exhale until the clock said 0:00

This.

I even texted my cousin and literally said "Here we go again" after that Watkins fumble haha.  

Awesome feeling after the clock hit 0 though.    

4 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I was very nervous after the blocked punt for a TD,  After the Wadkins fumble, and when Luck marched the Colts down the field at the end of the half.

On the flip side,  I was encouraged by how the Chiefs answered back.  

-   After the blocked punt,  we marched down the field and scored a TD

-   After the lost fumble,  the Defense got the ball right back.

-   After the Colts marched down the Field,  our Defense come out in the second half and played well. 

We never let the Colts gain momentum. Everytime   they did something,  we answered back. 

I think it is quite possible  that if this game was played last year,  the team would have folded and we would have lost.  This team believes in each other and never feels despair.  That is all on #15.  He is a true difference maker on this team. 

Great post. For me it was sspecially after the blocked punt. Told my son "this is how comeback rallies start" (As I flashed back to the 35-10 lead at Indy) Then Mahomes marched them right down the field to get that TD back.

For me..every low hit made me nervous.  There was one on Kelce I believe that I just knew he had broken both legs and Hill would come help him stand up but slip and tear his ACL went through my mind.....BUT Kelce was fine and got up on his own and nooooooo injury!  Couldn’t believe it

19 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Best case scenario, we win the Lombardi and Sutton rides off into the sunset of retirement.

6 hours ago, Balto said:

For me..every low hit made me nervous.  There was one on Kelce I believe that I just knew he had broken both legs and Hill would come help him stand up but slip and tear his ACL went through my mind.....BUT Kelce was fine and got up on his own and nooooooo injury!  Couldn’t believe it

Shoulder to his thigh- textbook tackle

I never said "here we go again" during the game.

Even after the blocked punt TD I was just thinking well, at least we get the ball now with 5:00 to go in the half, go score(they did) and we get the ball back after halftime.

4 hours ago, dksww said:

I never said "here we go again" during the game.

Even after the blocked punt TD I was just thinking well, at least we get the ball now with 5:00 to go in the half, go score(they did) and we get the ball back after halftime.

Yep, having the offense back on the field immediately after the blocked punt TD was very helpful.  The defense had 4 three and outs to start the game and I didn't want that string broken by a change in momentum.  Scoring that third TD changed everything.

Archived