All Pro...

Source: ESPN "The Chiefs posted the best pass block win rate (72%) among the four teams that played yesterday. Their effort was led by left tackle Eric Fisher, who had a PBWR of 100%, meaning he did not get beat within the first 2.5 seconds after the snap on a single play. Fisher faced Colts DL Al-Quadin Muhammad on 20 of his 39 pass blocks. The former first overall pick posted a PBWR of 84% during the regular season, above the league average for OTs of 80%. PBWR is an ESPN metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats"

Good to hear, but its not like al-quadin muhammad is the biggest test the nfl has to offer.

1. to me the most important notes about our line were the holding call on fischer was complete b.s. so i dont want people criticizing him for that.

2. Cam erving is playing the poorest of our lineman (and this is coming from someone who has an irrational hatred of mitch morse.) if tardiff could come back and replace erving I believe that would be huge for us.

23 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

to me the most important notes about our line were the holding call on fischer was complete b.s. so i dont want people criticizing him for that.

That was an atrocious call

56 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Good to hear, but its not like al-quadin muhammad is the biggest test the nfl has to offer.

1. to me the most important notes about our line were the holding call on fischer was complete b.s. so i dont want people criticizing him for that.

2. Cam erving is playing the poorest of our lineman (and this is coming from someone who has an irrational hatred of mitch morse.) if tardiff could come back and replace erving I believe that would be huge for us.

I agree erving is the weakest but playing decent.  I really like the Wylie kid.  I think he is going to be really good.  He blocked really well on the move.  If tough and physical at the point of attack.  And plays through the whistle

23 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree erving is the weakest but playing decent.  I really like the Wylie kid.  I think he is going to be really good.  He blocked really well on the move.  If tough and physical at the point of attack.  And plays through the whistle

What do you think the chiefs will do when LDT comes back?

I think you roll with what you got.  Wylie and Schwartz have chemistry and we don’t need to mess with that imo.  At least not with just one week before NE.   My home next year is to have Fisher, Wylie, FA/Draft, LDT, Schwartz with Erving being the Swiss Army knife.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I think you roll with what you got.  Wylie and Schwartz have chemistry and we don’t need to mess with that imo.  At least not with just one week before NE.   My home next year is to have Fisher, Wylie, FA/Draft, LDT, Schwartz with Erving being the Swiss Army knife.

They re-upped with Reiter who played very well while Morse was out. I think he gets penciled in as the starter at center next season, unless they pay Morse.

27 minutes ago, Nickac68516 said:

Do you think MacKenzie will get a chance to win one of those guard spots? I would assume LG would be the easier place to crack the lineup 

Yes. But he’s still gotta be pretty raw less than a year into his development. From what I’ve read they think they got an early round type of natural talent. 

Weve really operated all season with two fewer roster players than anyone else as they had to protect him.  

4 hours ago, artsy said:

What do you think the chiefs will do when LDT comes back?

Nothing until next season.  Hopefully, I'm wrong, but just don't see LDT coming back at this point and being 100% immediately.  If Wylie can convert to LG, that would be the obvious move but probably the Chiefs will also draft at least one O-line and maybe let Morse go.  What ever happened to the d-lineman they are trying to convert to the O-line?  

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Nothing until next season.  Hopefully, I'm wrong, but just don't see LDT coming back at this point and being 100% immediately.  If Wylie can convert to LG, that would be the obvious move but probably the Chiefs will also draft at least one O-line and maybe let Morse go.  What ever happened to the d-lineman they are trying to convert to the O-line?  

You mean the guy they are discussing 5 posts up?

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

For sure you go with what we have this year.  I was thinking Wylie to LG next year

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

For sure you go with what we have this year.  I was thinking Wylie to LG next year

Yeah that would be best case scenario and would give Mackenzie one more year to develop.   Wonder if they have considered him a center prospect?   I'm just thankful we have some core guys playing well.  Reiter isn't as good as Morse but he wasn't terrible either.   I think if you squeeze him between Wylie/Erving and LDT for a whole offseason I think he could be more than fine and would allow us to move on from Morse and his 3-4 game absence every year with concussions.  

42 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah that would be best case scenario and would give Mackenzie one more year to develop.   Wonder if they have considered him a center prospect?   I'm just thankful we have some core guys playing well.  Reiter isn't as good as Morse but he wasn't terrible either.   I think if you squeeze him between Wylie/Erving and LDT for a whole offseason I think he could be more than fine and would allow us to move on from Morse and his 3-4 game absence every year with concussions.  

I hope they try to develop Mackenzie as a center. There is some potential for being really good.  He has a great leader body for anchoring.  

I'd like to see next year...

LT- Fisher,  Erving

LG- Wylie, Erving 

C- Mackenzie, reiter

RG- LDT, Erving

RT- Schwartz, Erving

Then I'd like to see a4th or 5th round swing tackle project. 

I thought our OL gave up a lot of shots at Mahomes but that may just be me being very scared during the game. There were a few times our rushers made first contact behind the LOS but overall the line played better than I expected. 

The holding call was BS but I guess Fisher is due one BS call in the play-offs every season, glad it's out of the way. 

Archived