Shut Berry down?

My question is do we even want the Eric Berry day to day drama or should Andy just shut him down for the year.  He’s better than anyone we have even hobbled, but reality is we are 13-2 without him.  0-2 with him

I’d vote for continuing with drama because it doesn’t seem to bother team and there is clear upside if he does play.  But it seems like a legit question. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

No cost in keeping him on the active roster at this point.  If the coaches think he can play effectively and he thinks he can go, then play him.  If not, then he keeps his very familiar spot on the sidelines. 

We made it this far without him, so I don’t really see what he brings to the table?  A half of football until he can’t run, then his replacement coming in cold rather than being in the flow of the game?  No thanks

There is part of me that wants him to ride the pine and the rest of the team do it.   When you make business decisions you shouldn't get rewarded when your other teammates carry you the entire year.   

However  I'd feel better about him covering Gronk than Sorensen and Lucas and in Run D.  

2 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

if berry can play wha about using him matched up with edelman? if he can go i think we use him. 

Edelman would toast Berry atm if we’re being honest.  I’d rather wait till Super Bowl and have him go all out pain or no pain.

If he can go a whole game Berry against Gronk would be a huge boost to our defense but at this point I don't see any value to play someone for a limited time. Definitely doesn't hurt to have him as a backup in case of injuries since he would actually contribute once he gets in the game but frankly we should have put him on the IR at the beginning of the season.

14 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

My question is do we even want the Eric Berry day to day drama or should Andy just shut him down for the year.  He’s better than anyone we have even hobbled, but reality is we are 13-2 without him.  0-2 with him

I’d vote for continuing with drama because it doesn’t seem to bother team and there is clear upside if he does play.  But it seems like a legit question. 

How is it logical to put the two games he played on him? He came off the field against the Chargers with the team dominating and in the lead. Then at Seattle he had to play alongside to kids making their debuts whilst Fuller was out injured. So that stat is futile imo. Anyway I hope Berry plays, putting him alongside Fuller, Ward and Lucas would most certainly enhance the defense.

I think the thing is, don’t put Berry in if he isn’t going to finish the game. Let other guys get into a rhythm and use him sparingly. Don’t need a cold safety put into the game in the 4th quarter when he has largely been sitting on the bench for 3 quarters in sub 20 degree weather.

Archived