Game time weather outlook

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

not seeing or hearing much  on the  weather this Sunday..long range looks to be beyond bitterly cold and  much more snow to boot

Another potential big storm on Friday into Saturday after 12-14 inches of snow at Arrowhead last week. But forecast right now is for dry game conditions and light winds despite bitter cold.  

These maps would represent a major game impact but I think they are deceiving based on what I'm reading Fanatic. Snow is supposed to be over on Saturday and the wind chills values are applied to early Sunday morning. Winds are supposed to dissipate throughout the day on Sunday. It's without question going to be cold though. One of the coldest games I've ever been to was against the Dolphins in 2008 (coldest was Titans a few years ago) with a kickoff wind chill near 20 below. And that game was a scorefest. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

These maps would represent a major game impact but I think they are deceiving based on what I'm reading Fanatic. Snow is supposed to be over on Saturday and the wind chills values are applied to early Sunday morning. Winds are supposed to dissipate throughout the day on Sunday. It's without question going to be cold though. One of the coldest games I've ever been to was against the Dolphins in 2008 (coldest was Titans a few years ago) with a kickoff wind chill near 20 below. And that game was a scorefest. 

I was at that Dolphins game!  I'll never forget that I went and bought a beer and walked back to my seat and the beer was entirely SLUSH...Was crazy cold

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I was at that Dolphins game!  I'll never forget that I went and bought a beer and walked back to my seat and the beer was entirely SLUSH...Was crazy cold

Exactly my memory! Kept trying to stir the slush to liquify it to no avail. Tyler Thigpen threw 3 or 4 picks that day but it was still a wide open offensive game despite the cold. So if there's not much wind on Sunday, it shouldnt matter that much. 

6 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Not sure what the best resource for weather in KC is....but weather.com shows it to be warmer?

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USMO0460:1:US

Some models have warmed it up to into the mid 20s now on Sunday before retreating into the teens by game time. Bitter cold for sure but better than zero many were projecting earlier.  Significant snow on Saturday will probably play a role. So we will see. 

Archived