Still Getting No Respect

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I think the Chargers were a little overrated. They are a really good team, and everyone was pointing out how they were top 10 in both offense and defense, and the most balanced team. I think that's important but not everything. 

The Chargers are not consistent and I think it may be coaching, but that's their problem.

The Chargers proved they were a good team with come back wins in PIT and KC.  No one beats the Pats in NE in January, but the Chargers were either spooked or picked a bad time to have their worst game.  Eight road wins and a tie for best record in the AFC isn't something to ignore.  If the Chiefs had played in NE, they might have looked just as bad, especially on defense.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you all love to dog on Sutton, but when Sutton plays an aggressive style he is really good. I think Reid intervened late in the season on personnel and is a little more involved on the defensive side.  This Defense is gonna bring it. Mark it down. It is happening and sutton will deserve some credit for it.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chargers proved they were a good team with come back wins in PIT and KC.  No one beats the Pats in NE in January, but the Chargers were either spooked or picked a bad time to have their worst game.  Eight road wins and a tie for best record in the AFC isn't something to ignore.  If the Chiefs had played in NE, they might have looked just as bad, especially on defense.

Yeah, I agree. I don't deny they're a good team, a very good team; like I mentioned. I just think they were a little overrated by some in the media. They used the fact that since they had lost so many close games the prior season, that would break out this season. 

The Chiefs played them tough and nearly swept them again this season, if not for a defensive breakdown. I just believe they were too inconsistent. 

The Patriots have accounted for two of these 10 losses -- both coming in Denver to Peyton Manning's Broncos in 2013 and 2015. The Pats have lost their last three AFC title games on the road dating back to the blown 21-3 lead against Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in 2006. The Patriots also own a less-than-stellar 3-11-1 record all-time in Kansas City.

Found this tidbit too in bold. 

Brady again is 1-2 with 3 tds and 6 ints at arrowhead.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

It’s preposterous to think that Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes should get more respect in the playoffs than Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.  I mean, of course people are skeptical about us winning this game.  Reid is 1-4 in Championship games.

This is a valid point. He's also 0-2 against BB in the playoffs. But as I have said for years the team with the better QB is the most likely to win in January. And Andy has lost the QB battle in all of those games which were mostly to HOF QBs.

We have a QB now that puts us on the playing field with the Elite. How much did that playoff losing streak to Indy mean once we had the better QB!

We are one of the elite teams but to become the King of the AFC, we need to beat the King. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Unreal stat alert....

BB has coached 338 games vs non Andy Reid Chiefs teams in his career.  And given up 40 points only four times. 

Against Andy’s Chiefs he’s given up 40 points 3 times in 4 games.  

Is there a stat on Sutton vs Brady? The recent history isn't that bad for us but I would love to learn about their history. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Is there a stat on Sutton vs Brady? The recent history isn't that bad for us but I would love to learn about their history. 

No recent history vs Patriots is not bad   We are 2-2 with Reid outscoring NE 35-27 in PPG. The lone time we didn’t score 40, Jason Avsnt was our top WR and C West our top RB. 

Suttons defense has given up 43, 27, 27 and 14 vs Brady in KC.  27.7 PPG

37, 14, 24, 38,, 20 vs Brady as DC in NY.  26.6 PPG

So I suppose you could guess the Pats will score 27 on Sunday?  

57 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

No recent history vs Patriots is not bad   We are 2-2 with Reid outscoring NE 35-27 in PPG. The lone time we didn’t score 40, Jason Avsnt was our top WR and C West our top RB. 

Suttons defense has given up 43, 27, 27 and 14 vs Brady in KC.  27.7 PPG

37, 14, 24, 38,, 20 vs Brady as DC in NY.  26.6 PPG

So I suppose you could guess the Pats will score 27 on Sunday?  

I could live with 27. We scored less than 28 only 3 times and won all of them so there wasn't much urgency. 

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This is a valid point. He's also 0-2 against BB in the playoffs. But as I have said for years the team with the better QB is the most likely to win in January. And Andy has lost the QB battle in all of those games which were mostly to HOF QBs.

We have a QB now that puts us on the playing field with the Elite. How much did that playoff losing streak to Indy mean once we had the better QB!

We are one of the elite teams but to become the King of the AFC, we need to beat the King. 

That's why I wanted this matchup.  To be the best you have to beat the best.  And nobody historically has been better than BB and Brady, even if you take out the games they cheated.  

That said Vegas had an initial line of Chiefs by 3 so that's respect.  Don't really care about the rest of this nonsense.  Past failure is not indicative of future failure. 

You are right.  The team with the better qb most often wins, especially at home.  

I personally think we have the better qb, this year at least.  Never count out Brady but never count out Mahomes as well.

16 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I know you all love to dog on Sutton, but when Sutton plays an aggressive style he is really good. I think Reid intervened late in the season on personnel and is a little more involved on the defensive side.  This Defense is gonna bring it. Mark it down. It is happening and sutton will deserve some credit for it.

That’s the issue, he loves going zone against Brady.  If he does that again, he’s lost his damn mind for sure. 

Well, if Sutton plays coverage and drops guys into coverage he is stupid.  I see them playing a lot of 8 in the box And playing a ton of man. This may sound stupid, but they need to force Brady to beat us deep. Take away his short throws and run game. Mix it up. Put 8 up on the line, vary the pressure and coverage.  Disguise well and take advantage of the noise.

Most of all, you make Brady feel his age. Hit him so hard and so often that his momma feels it.  

7 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Well, if Sutton plays coverage and drops guys into coverage he is stupid.  I see them playing a lot of 8 in the box And playing a ton of man. This may sound stupid, but they need to force Brady to beat us deep. Take away his short throws and run game. Mix it up. Put 8 up on the line, vary the pressure and coverage.  Disguise well and take advantage of the noise.

Most of all, you make Brady feel his age. Hit him so hard and so often that his momma feels it.  

I agree. Jam the receivers at the line to disrupt the timing and most importantly a push up the middle with Jones. 

I  watched Bill Belicheck's news conference. He gave the Chiefs lots of respect.  He knows that if Mahomes plays well, it is going to be a problem. Said chiefs are really good across the board on offense. Very very complementary. So, I will take his opinion over all the talking heads that don't know shit.

58 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

After all these years, I thought Jason Whitlock would recognize that the Chiefs have arrived. I hope, Gates bans his wide ass as well as every BBQ joint in KC.  Picking Brady and the Patriots and he says he is a CHIEFS fan. 

He's a closet homer. The one time he was  positive about the Chiefs was the 96 season. I can't prove it but think he got disappointed over what happened and he's just like some of the negative fans on this board. 

I once didn't like him, but after following and listening to him over the years, since he left the Star, he's actually not a bad dude.  

Archived