Still Getting No Respect

2 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Agree hit Brady, jam receivers, cover flats and backs out the backfield, make him beat us deep. And hopefully we can get to him before he does.

Reid/Sutton has typically played man defense against the Pats. That forces Brady to make precision passes, which he typically does. However, man defense allows us a little more time to pressure Brady also. IMO, the key to getting stops will be our ability to stop White and Michel catching passes out of the backfield.

Without DOD, this could be a daunting task. James White caught 15 passes last week!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, artsy said:

Reid/Sutton has typically played man defense against the Pats. That forces Brady to make precision passes, which he typically does. However, man defense allows us a little more time to pressure Brady also. IMO, the key to getting stops will be our ability to stop White and Michel catching passes out of the backfield.

Without DOD, this could be a daunting task. James White caught 15 passes last week!

Michel and White destroyed us in the first meeting to the tune of almost 200 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.  Those two beat the Chargers up even more than that.  Patriots have a really well balanced offense.  

Three of the last four games against the Pats, the Chiefs have scored 41,42 and 40. Two of those games Alex Smith was the QB. I'm trying to come with ways the Pats can stop the Chiefs offense and outside of "Mahomes makes a mistake" I'm not sure what they can do.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Three of the last four games against the Pats, the Chiefs have scored 41,42 and 40. Two of those games Alex Smith was the QB. I'm trying to come with ways the Pats can stop the Chiefs offense and outside of "Mahomes makes a mistake" I'm not sure what they can do.

I'll tell what they can do....They can run the ball on 1st and 2nd down, and then pick up 1st downs throwing to white or Michel out of the backfield, ALL DAY. Chewing clock and keeping our offense off the field.

As I stated above, DOD being out will be a major problem.

However, I'm sure the chiefs watched tape from the first game, and realized that Hitchens and Ragland sucked ass when it came to covering the backs out of the backfield. Maybe, they will bring the SS down in the box (Sorenson or Lucas), or play 3 Safeties. However, if they do they could get gashed in the run.

That's why I'm so concerned with the DOD injury. DOD at least provided you with run support as well as coverage support. Without him, it's gonna be a gamble.

56 minutes ago, artsy said:

I'll tell what they can do....They can run the ball on 1st and 2nd down, and then pick up 1st downs throwing to white or Michel out of the backfield, ALL DAY. Chewing clock and keeping our offense off the field.

However, I'm sure the chiefs watched tape from the first game, and realized that Hitchens and Ragland sucked ass when it came to covering the backs out of the backfield. Maybe, they will bring the SS down in the box (Sorenson or Lucas), or play 3 Safeties. However, if they do they could get gashed in the run.

That's why I'm so concerned with the DOD injury. DOD at least provided you with run support as well as coverage support. Without him, it's gonna be a gamble.

Both teams are very different than when we played before

Mahomes is much more seasoned

William's over Hunt though we showed we can and will run it last week creating a new wrinkle there for the defense.

Houston and Berry are playing along with Ward, who is better than any other DB we had that day in his role  and Lucas too. Throw in the fact that they are the same other than lost Gordon and the fact it is away game where they sucked at this season and I like our chances.

Week 6 they played about as good as they can, we played one of our worst halves of football and still had a shot to win.    Our QB has learned and gained experience and our team gets Houston and Berry back.     They are the underdogs!    Sure they are seasoned and they could win but if we play anywhere near as good as we can we walk away with this one.   People worrying about their run game......they can't do much more than what they did the first game and we gifted them an easy TD on the 4 and one on the 15 right before half.   Time for us to dethrone this aging dynasty.   They aren't going to give it to us though, we are going to have to take it!     Just as it ought to be!

9 hours ago, artsy said:

fully agree. i see sutton crowding the line like they did against colts and winning on first and second downs forcing the 3rd and long. 

dominicanthug

• dominicanthug(20842)
  • 195 months 
93 minutes ago via Mobile

Nobody’s giving this team a chance on sunday. Everyone favors the chiefs. Teddy and john fox picked the pats.

One thing i will say about this game the pats need to come out quickly and set the tone. A slow start will not help at all. They need to play physical.

Archived