Short yard situations

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

At some point in these situations I have to think Reid is going to go play action naked bootleg with Mahomes.  Anyone else remember a geriatric joe Montana running the length of the field for the longest carry of his career on a similar play?

That was Steve Bono in 1995.  The Cards ran a 4-6 defense with Buddy Ryan and sold out on a 3rd and inches. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

At some point in these situations I have to think Reid is going to go play action naked bootleg with Mahomes.  Anyone else remember a geriatric joe Montana running the length of the field for the longest carry of his career on a similar play?

BB is going to try and keep Mahomes from rolling to his right with any regularity. He's basically unstoppable when he gets outside the pocket in that direction and I'm sure BB knows containing that is crucial. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

BB is going to try and keep Mahomes from rolling to his right with any regularity. He's basically unstoppable when he gets outside the pocket in that direction and I'm sure BB knows containing that is crucial. 

Hasn't Mahomes had a higher passer rating rolling left as compared to rolling right?  Some announcer seemed to state that.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

i agree. they will try to keep in the pocket. i also think they will take away hill as much as they can. there linebackers played a little deeper  on a lot of plays last time around. i hope our o line is ready to lay the hammer amd pound the rock right at them. i love when sausage is in there. he clears the way like nobody. 

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hasn't Mahomes had a higher passer rating rolling left as compared to rolling right?  Some announcer seemed to state that.

I don't know what game (could be the Colts) but they emphasized it at one point. They said he was good going right, and even better going left but obviously the sample size isn't as big.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

I don’t know where to find that number but that is interesting. He clearly goes to his right far more often even at TT.  But perhaps it’s just another sign of a diverse mega talent that he can’t be pigeon holed into a box.  

Archived