Tardiff Active: Parker Waived

Full circle with Ron Parker. Thanks for you service Ron as I had you pegged as our most underrated player only two seasons ago. But your time had passed. I'm guessing they must think Berry has a good shot to play? I thought we would probably keep Allen because of his versatility. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Full circle with Ron Parker. Thanks for you service Ron as I had you pegged as our most underrated player only two seasons ago. But your time had passed. I'm guessing they must think Berry has a good shot to play? I thought we would probably keep Allen because of his versatility. 

Ya, sucks for Parker.  Good news for LDT and Berry though.

6 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I’m reading it is less about Berry but DOD being able to play which will be huge because he needs to cover White out of the backfield...

That makes sense too. DOD had a contusion (which I think is a fancy way of saying bad bruise) so his return does seem very possible. He's another rookie who is emerging with a role in all facets of the game but on point he can handle that nickel safety type role. 

"The NFL pays for the cost of 150 rings to the winning team, at roughly $5,000 apiece, depending upon the fluctuating cost of gold and diamonds. The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players, despite not having been on the winning roster."

Examples:

Al harris was given a ring by the Packers in 2010-11 and he was dropped mid-season.

The Colts gave Edgerrin James one after they won their superbowl even though he didn't play for the team at all that entire season and was on the Cardinals.

This sounds to me like Berry may be ready to go. The question is, should Berry start? Was the  two partial games he played earlier enough to get him in game shape and mentally ready for a championship game?  I don't know, but I don't see what he is like in practice.  I hope the coaches feel he is ready to go and an upgrade over what we have.  

2 hours ago, VIChiefsFan said:

This sounds to me like Berry may be ready to go. The question is, should Berry start? Was the  two partial games he played earlier enough to get him in game shape and mentally ready for a championship game?  I don't know, but I don't see what he is like in practice.  I hope the coaches feel he is ready to go and an upgrade over what we have.  

The choices are Lucas and Sorenson with Murray coming in at times or Berry and Lucas/Sorenson.  I think Berry, if healthy would be best covering Gronk who beat the Chiefs in the first meeting this season.  Gronk has slowed down and only caught a few passes in the last two Pats' games, but with the WRs they have, he could be a factor.  I'd think Berry should come in a certain situations rather than playing full time for a partial game.  Guess it all depends on how long they think he can go and how up to speed he is.  No sense saving anything for the SB, gotta win this Sunday.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'd think Berry should come in a certain situations rather than playing full time for a partial game. 

No sense saving anything for the SB, gotta win this Sunday.

IF Berry did shut down Gronk  and Berry can only play 50% you know the Pats will throw to Gronk when 29 is off the field

Agreed..

23 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

How brutal would it be to get released 5 days before the AFC Championship game. Something tells me he will be here with the team regardless. 

Fuck that bum. He almost single handedly cost us that @Denver game. And contributed to every loss with his horrific help in pass coverage. 

Hes the one that should be grateful. If it werent for an injury that dude would have watched the whole season from his couch. Instead he made over $900k  this year for looking confused.

42 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Fuck that bum. He almost single handedly cost us that @Denver game. And contributed to every loss with his horrific help in pass coverage. 

Hes the one that should be grateful. If it werent for an injury that dude would have watched the whole season from his couch. Instead he made over $900k  this year for looking confused.

I see the humanity in it. Money is money but I'm sure like most of these guys he just wants to be a part of a championship team. And he's given a ton of quality minutes to this franchise the last 5 seasons and played in almost 80 percent of the snaps this year. I'm not disagreeing with the move at all. But I feel bad for the person who has given a ton to this franchise. 

37 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

same could be said about Berry then  with a much higher price tag

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Hell have to rest his foot during the critical times.

Seriously. I doubt KC goes into the game with 3 safeties. I am hoping Berry plays some. Even just a few key situations. The other negative stuff is for the off season. 

If he cant go maybe the IR him and resign Parker. 3 active safeties against NE is risky.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Seriously. I doubt KC goes into the game with 3 safeties. I am hoping Berry plays some. Even just a few key situations. The other negative stuff is for the off season. 

If he cant go maybe the IR him and resign Parker. 3 active safeties against NE is risky.

I would defintely agree with this except if DOD is active he really plays that nickel safety role more than a true ILB. Probably our best guy at cover RBs. 

Archived