Guess it was me the whole time??

We quit the year that Romeo Crennel led them to a 3-24 record.  One game in December that year the Mrs. and I looked at each other and decided we really didn't want to go to Arrowhead that day and freeze just to see bad football.  Haven't had season's tickets since.  Still able to get good tickets to any game I want to attend and don't have to buy worthless pre-season game tickets either. 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Still able to get good tickets to any game I want to attend and don't have to buy worthless pre-season game tickets either. 

That is exactly where we ended up.  That along with the fact that last years playoff game they couldn't give the tickets away.  And we got stuck on paying quite a bit more than most tickets were selling for around us.  Only benefit we really saw was reserved seats and playoff tickets when they made it.

It is interesting watching the market for this AFC championship game though.  Prices have already dropped $50-$100 per ticket on the secondary market from yesterdays first push.  I'd expect that to continue as it gets closer.   Especially with the weather as it is.  

30 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We quit the year that Romeo Crennel led them to a 3-24 record.  One game in December that year the Mrs. and I looked at each other and decided we really didn't want to go to Arrowhead that day and freeze just to see bad football.  Haven't had season's tickets since.  Still able to get good tickets to any game I want to attend and don't have to buy worthless pre-season game tickets either. 

You didn't mention the distraction of 70 degree December days with a cold one down at the Gold Canyon pub ;)

Gave up my season tickets after 26 years in part because I didn't like how the Dorsey deal went down (I think the Chiefs were ultimately right there though) and in part because preseason tickets are the absolute biggest rip off in all of sports. 2 years later I haven't missed a game and have literally saved about $1,500 in the process. Got playoff tickets for $50 last week. Still working on this week but I will not miss it and won't likely have to pay more than $100. There's tons of value out there if you know how to use the system and are willing to wait out the early market. Kind of like free agency. 

There's only one point through all this that I would have stopped going to games all together and that was if they had kept Pioli after the 2012 season. Last years playoff game was bad but that wasn't a Super Bowl team. I was wavering at that point though because I felt like we had hit our ceiling with that group as a whole. As soon as we traded Alex to go with Mahomes I was 100 percent all in again and could have cared less about prior playoff defeats other than to just break through so we didn't have to hear about it anymore. 

I have been to really cold games in Arrowhead.  Remember having to spend extra time in the bathrooms just to unthaw my feet.  At 71 years young I finally decided when the Chiefs took the buses off the Arrowhead express that life was too short and I was too bad a driver.   But I do wish all of you the best.   Last wintertime Arrowhead game I went to was when KU played Mizzou and my Jayhawks upset the Tigers with a last minute pass to Kerry Meyer.   That was worth frozen feet.

Archived