AFCCG Predictions

I heard Keitzman say today that BB and TB have played in 38 post-season games.  Only 7 of those are on the road.  They're 3-4 in the playoffs on the road.  Crazy that they've only had to play 7 road playoff games in almost 20 years.  Their division SUCKS.

All the cold weather statistics and numbers are nonsense and are mainly based on the Patriots playing those games at home. 

I mean, I heard countless pundits try to claim the Colts, a dome team, would benefit from the snow last weekend and that the Chiefs offense would get bogged down.

The Pats have been awful on the road this year, especially defensively and the Chiefs' defense shines at home.

It's hilarious to see the usual doom and gloomers predicting their weekly loss and then try to explain why.  You know you're 5-13 on picks this year, right? 

I mean, at this point, no one's going to believe your reasoning as to why lol

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dksww said:

I heard Keitzman say today that BB and TB have played in 38 post-season games.  Only 7 of those are on the road.  They're 3-4 in the playoffs on the road.  Crazy that they've only had to play 7 road playoff games in almost 20 years.  Their division SUCKS.

All the cold weather statistics and numbers are nonsense and are mainly based on the Patriots playing those games at home. 

I mean, I heard countless pundits try to claim the Colts, a dome team, would benefit from the snow last weekend and that the Chiefs offense would get bogged down.

The Pats have been awful on the road this year, especially defensively and the Chiefs' defense shines at home.

It's hilarious to see the usual doom and gloomers predicting their weekly loss and then try to explain why.  You know you're 5-13 on picks this year, right? 

I mean, at this point, no one's going to believe your reasoning as to why lol

It’s a message board that thrives on different opinions, who cares?!

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I put you on ignore. If you want to be negative you can find info to support it. Goodbye.

Jeez, Fanatic.  Put someone on ignore? not for a personal insult, but for disagreeing with you on who you think is going to win a football game?  Holy crap! I'm glad you're not my boss :lol:

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Jeez, Fanatic.  Put someone on ignore? not for a personal insult, but for disagreeing with you on who you think is going to win a football game?  Holy crap! I'm glad you're not my boss :lol:

Just tired of  daily, hourly negativity from that guy.  Yes ............if you were this negative you would not work for me. 😉

I think the Chiefs will win also. I can't predict the score. 

The reasoning I've heard on TV and posted here of why the Pats win, is't good enough IMO. 

I've heard because of more experience in the cold weather, and how the the Pats practice in cold weather. They're ignoring the fact that the Chiefs practice in cold weather also, Reid & Mahomes confirmed this. Mahomes also said he practiced in the cold in Lubbock Texas.

The Pats making it to 8 championship games has no bearing on this game.

The Pats 5 SB's has no bearing on this game.

The Pats experience in playoffs IMO has no bearing on this game. Most of the players on their current team haven't been on that team over the 15 year dominance, with the exception of Brady.

5 hours ago, wilkie said:

Chiefs will win this.   They are better than the Pats.   Not going to pick a score but I do believe KC will prevail.   I just pray that the weather isn't the determinative factor.

Super Blood Wolf Moon. That is all 🏆🔴🏈🌙

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Brady is the best inclement weather QB in history. (Something like 13-2).  So this plays to his mental toughness and he’s got history to draw from. But how will sub artic temps impact our explosiveness?  That part is crucial. Good news is I just saw the 5 coldest games in Arrowhead history the Chiefs won 4 of those and average over 30 PPG. So it doesn’t necessarily mean our offense can’t still click on most cylinders.  I’m sure BB will come up with some gimmick stuff to try and confuse PM too  

Offensively they will use their two good RBs to try and neutralize our pass rush both through screens and runs. They crushed the Chargers with that exact same strategy. As I said earlier we need to squeeze them and force Brady to try and beat us over the top. The Colts oline kept most teams from harassing Luck but not us. More of the same needed. 

Saturday was the funnest day I’ve ever experienced as a Chiefs fan and weather played a definitive role.  More of the same on Sunday as the Chiefs improbable unexpected run to the AFC Title game goes one step further and ends with the biggest home win in franchise history. What could be more fun than that. Chiefs 31, Patriots 27.  

Awesome to hear about Arrowhead. 

The Patriots are going to play well in the weather, no question.  The Chiefs are going to have to earn it on Sunday. 

But don't forget what Mahomes did in week 17 in Denver last year.  I think it was the coldest day ever at Mile High, and he was throwing lasers and touch passes to Albert Wilson and that dart to DRob between three DBs while falling away.  We were all drooling at the prospect of him playing with Kelce and Hill, right?  Throw in a Sammy Watkins and the Chiefs Roll, 31-30.

4 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Awesome to hear about Arrowhead. 

The Patriots are going to play well in the weather, no question.  The Chiefs are going to have to earn it on Sunday. 

But don't forget what Mahomes did in week 17 in Denver last year.  I think it was the coldest day ever at Mile High, and he was throwing lasers and touch passes to Albert Wilson and that dart to DRob between three DBs while falling away.  We were all drooling at the prospect of him playing with Kelce and Hill, right?  Throw in a Sammy Watkins and the Chiefs Roll, 31-30.

Excellent point. Mahomes balled out in his first ever start at Denver (temp in the teens) with 2nd stringers. He's built for this and he's stocky which will help. Brady is stringy and hits will bother him in this one. Rattle him early and often boys. 

I'm just happy we are  hosting a championship game I dont expect the Chiefs to win as its a maturation process but it certainly has been a season of firsts...  so why not?

I hate that the weather is going to be like it is.  It really does not show Patrick at his best..or maybe it does who knows?? 

i will not be disappointed if the Chiefs lose a close one..after all they are playing a team that has been to 8 consecutive AFCCG's. It will be embarrassing if they get the LAC treatment and just dont show up. If they win I will probably cry. I'm proud of this team regardless.

I am confident yet not willing to predict a win..just hope they  play well, the refs are not over officious jerks and let the chips fall where they may

You know what, I don’t even give a shit.  If me posting reactionary comments in the GDT gets you guys all butt-hurt.  Fine.  If me posting that I think the Patriots will beat the Chiefs gets your panties ruffled.  Fine.  None of it means I’m not a fan, so go ahead and think/post whatever you want.  Or, ignore me.  Either is fine!

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

You know what, I don’t even give a shit.  If me posting reactionary comments in the GDT gets you guys all butt-hurt.  Fine.  If me posting that I think the Patriots will beat the Chiefs gets your panties ruffled.  Fine.  None of it means I’m not a fan, so go ahead and think/post whatever you want.  Or, ignore me.  Either is fine!

That’s fine and dandy, it’s when you go overboard and after a loss start 5 separate doom and gloom threads and you attack anyone who’s not negative like you, calling them homers, etc.  

Archived