AFCCG Predictions

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

You know what, I don’t even give a shit.  If me posting reactionary comments in the GDT gets you guys all butt-hurt.  Fine.  If me posting that I think the Patriots will beat the Chiefs gets your panties ruffled.  Fine.  None of it means I’m not a fan, so go ahead and think/post whatever you want.  Or, ignore me.  Either is fine!

I will admit the way you posted in the GDT's this season bothered me,  it's why I tried unsuccessfully to stay away,  but you have every right to do so. 

But wow dude! The Chiefs are in the AFC championship game!  Even Wilkie is positive about this game.   Whatever works for you, it doesn't bother me anymore, because I know that's just your deal. We are all Chiefs fans at the end of the day, and you're just as passionate as all of us.

You did start the thread and ask us for our opinions. 

You think the Patriots will win, and I don't blame you, but I think the Chiefs will win. 

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

You know what, I don’t even give a shit.  If me posting reactionary comments in the GDT gets you guys all butt-hurt.  Fine.  If me posting that I think the Patriots will beat the Chiefs gets your panties ruffled.  Fine.  None of it means I’m not a fan, so go ahead and think/post whatever you want.  Or, ignore me.  Either is fine!

I understand your pessimism. I think it is on the Chiefs to change the narrative. They've showed us time and time again that the only thing they can be counted on to do is hurt us.  I personally dont understand all the optimism when history shows show much evidence that they will let us down.

But I also think it feels different now. Im very guarded, and I wont live and die with the losses anymore. But they may be changing the narrative as we speak. 

And I also am just a run of the mill pessimist. You turn into something completely different during the games. Like,  I picture you watching games while standing on a wooden chair with a hangmans noose around your neck. 

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

That’s fine and dandy, it’s when you go overboard and after a loss start 5 separate doom and gloom threads and you attack anyone who’s not negative like you, calling them homers, etc.  

Dude, stop bs’ing.  I don’t attack anyone and never have.  

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I understand your pessimism. I think it is on the Chiefs to change the narrative. They've showed us time and time again that the only thing they can be counted on to do is hurt us.  I personally dont understand all the optimism when history shows show much evidence that they will let us down.

But I also think it feels different now. Im very guarded, and I wont live and die with the losses anymore. But they may be changing the narrative as we speak. 

And I also am just a run of the mill pessimist. You turn into something completely different during the games. Like,  I picture you watching games while standing on a wooden chair with a hangmans noose around your neck. 

Thanks for being a voice of reason, I actually feel the exact same way as what you just described.

But, when watching games I just sit on the couch and chill.  I posted before that I post my irrational GDT thoughts as an outlet, nothing more. 

Frankly, I’m stunned what I do/post/whatever is so concerning to so many, apparently.  I mean, who gives a shit?  We’re strangers, save for 3 hours on game day.  The things I post are tame compared to other Chiefs boards.  Chiefs Planet is insane and those clowns are far worse.

Now, for whoever snaked this thread, it was actually about your AFCCG predictions, not me.  Can we get back on topic?

What is so hard to understand about not wanting EXCESSIVE negativity in the GDTs?  It's not that I truly care what Legend of AntiChiefs thinks, it's that my ideal version of the GDT is one where we're not constantly assuming we're going to lose.  I watch EVERY game hoping for the best and fearing the worst.  I don't assume we've won until the probability is really high (and unfortunately I've been wrong a few times) and I don't assume we've lost until again the probability is very high (and again, I've thankfully been wrong from time to time).  I remember especially Reid's first year here over on the Scout boards we were leading games that we eventually won - sometimes it wasn't even close - and as soon as the opponent got a FG or even a 1st down it was "here we go, here's where we lose it."  I get that this team has a history of choke jobs, especially in the playoffs, but in the regular season we've won more than we lost for most of my life as a fan---in the Schottenheimer, Vermeil, and Reid years we've mostly been a good to very good team.  Assuming we're going to lose is a statistically wrong proposition!

I would like the GDTs to be a place that emulates being at the game or watching at a bar.  Where we cheer the good, complain about the bad, and discuss the team in general.  There are actually quite a few "negative" types of things that one could say in the GDT that don't really bother me.  You want to complain about a bad referee call?  Fine.  A bad offensive play call?  Sure.  WR drops a ball.  I get it.  CB doesn't turn his head around?  Understandable.  But the negativity that gets to me is the doom and gloom that puts the weight of our tortured playoff history on every 2nd-and-7 call in an October game.  "That's why this franchise will never win."  "That's why Andy doesn't work in the playoffs."  "We suck."  How is that enjoyable?  I don't enjoy reading it, and I wouldn't enjoy saying it.

So if you want your precious little "outlet" to say these things, then that's certainly your right, but I don't have to think it's okay.  I don't have to think it's normal.  I don't have to want to be around it.  And I don't have to accept that that's how the GDTs are going to be when I want them to be something better.

22 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

What is so hard to understand about not wanting EXCESSIVE negativity in the GDTs?  It's not that I truly care what Legend of AntiChiefs thinks, it's that my ideal version of the GDT is one where we're not constantly assuming we're going to lose.  I watch EVERY game hoping for the best and fearing the worst.  I don't assume we've won until the probability is really high (and unfortunately I've been wrong a few times) and I don't assume we've lost until again the probability is very high (and again, I've thankfully been wrong from time to time).  I remember especially Reid's first year here over on the Scout boards we were leading games that we eventually won - sometimes it wasn't even close - and as soon as the opponent got a FG or even a 1st down it was "here we go, here's where we lose it."  I get that this team has a history of choke jobs, especially in the playoffs, but in the regular season we've won more than we lost for most of my life as a fan---in the Schottenheimer, Vermeil, and Reid years we've mostly been a good to very good team.  Assuming we're going to lose is a statistically wrong proposition!

I would like the GDTs to be a place that emulates being at the game or watching at a bar.  Where we cheer the good, complain about the bad, and discuss the team in general.  There are actually quite a few "negative" types of things that one could say in the GDT that don't really bother me.  You want to complain about a bad referee call?  Fine.  A bad offensive play call?  Sure.  WR drops a ball.  I get it.  CB doesn't turn his head around?  Understandable.  But the negativity that gets to me is the doom and gloom that puts the weight of our tortured playoff history on every 2nd-and-7 call in an October game.  "That's why this franchise will never win."  "That's why Andy doesn't work in the playoffs."  "We suck."  How is that enjoyable?  I don't enjoy reading it, and I wouldn't enjoy saying it.

So if you want your precious little "outlet" to say these things, then that's certainly your right, but I don't have to think it's okay.  I don't have to think it's normal.  I don't have to want to be around it.  And I don't have to accept that that's how the GDTs are going to be when I want them to be something better.

Cool, ignore me then.  The world is a scary place sometimes, isn’t it?

5 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Cool, ignore me then.  The world is a scary place sometimes, isn’t it?

I didn't say I couldn't handle it, I said it sucks and it shouldn't be that way.  Ignoring is easier said than done with the way you pollute threads...and entire boards.

I see the Chiefs opening a gigantic can of whoopass, jump out to a 35-0 lead at the half , then go conservative scare the crap out of us ( Patriots score 21 unanswered) until the Chiefs score a TD with 7 minutes left , putting the us back up by 3 scores. 

Chiefs 42  Patriots 24

Just now, Docbarnabee said:

I see the Chiefs opening a gigantic can of whoopass, jump out to a 35-0 lead at the half , then go conservative scare the crap out of us ( Patriots score 21 unanswered) until the Chiefs score a TD with 7 minutes left , putting the us back up by 3 scores. 

Chiefs 42  Patriots 24

Copy cat

Lol

26 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Yep. Agree.  I get way too upset after losses and am working on tuning that out of my brain. The home playoff win has taken much of the history/fear  away. Time to enjoy a new ERA in Chiefs History. Most of us agree, its been a long time coming.

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Yep. Agree.  I get way too upset after losses and am working on tuning that out of my brain. The home playoff win has taken much of the history/fear  away. Time to enjoy a new ERA in Chiefs History. Most of us agree, its been a long time coming.

The hardest loss for me this year was the Chargers game, by far.  I literally had trouble sleeping that night because I couldn't stop thinking about it.  I don't like being like that.  All of our other losses I could at least somewhat roll with, because I didn't necessarily expect us to win, and I think in the Patriots and Rams games we at least gave a good showing.  But the Chargers collapse was hard because with the 2 TD lead I had started to think it was over.

For this game, I don't want to be blown out and I don't want to collapse.  If we lose a back-and-forth tight one I'll be upset but I'll live.  But I do legitimately like our chances to win.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

History vs the Colts didn’t mean a thing when we finally played them with the better QB.  And it won’t matter here because we’ve never ever played this game before at Arrowhead. 

This Pats team is different animal than the Colts though playing a true AFC dynasty with perhaps the best QB of all time on what’s almost certainly one of his last stands. This will either be the greatest home win in Arrowhead history and a true changing of the guard in the AFC or it will be a tough learning lesson for an overachieving team with a very young QB.

But I feel lucky as a fan we’ve earned another opportunity to watch #15s historic season continue and the team rally around him to play our best football of the season in January for a change. It’s been an unreal season and an unreal dominant playoff win last week   I just see zero negative now no matter what happens.  

That said it makes total sense for people to pick the Pats in this spot as BB usually feasts on young QBs and with our suspect defense and I don’t see people picking that way as a negative at all. This is all just fun stuff now playing with the leagues elite with everything on the line. 

I've gone back and forth on who I expect to win, but the Chiefs are at least 50/50 to pull it off.  There's hundreds of reasons to pick the Pats but there's also as many reasons to pick the Chiefs.  Certainly, I want the Chiefs to win in the worst way, but the realistic side says the Pats have a lot going for them so it's not 1996 all over again if they stumble.  Last Saturday's game was the biggest in recent history and this Sunday is bigger.  Either way, it's been a great ride and the Chiefs have a lot to look forward to.

Chiefs 34, Pats 21

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Thanks for being a voice of reason, I actually feel the exact same way as what you just described.

But, when watching games I just sit on the couch and chill.  I posted before that I post my irrational GDT thoughts as an outlet, nothing more. 

Frankly, I’m stunned what I do/post/whatever is so concerning to so many, apparently.  I mean, who gives a shit?  We’re strangers, save for 3 hours on game day.  The things I post are tame compared to other Chiefs boards.  Chiefs Planet is insane and those clowns are far worse.

Now, for whoever snaked this thread, it was actually about your AFCCG predictions, not me.  Can we get back on topic?

If you don’t want to be called out for saying stupid negative shit. Don’t say stupid negative shit. This isn’t that complicated and certainly not personal. 

Nobody wants this board to become Chiefs Planet and letting that crap go unchecked is how it starts. 

You pick the Pats to win. There’s logic in that and it’s on point   

28 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Nobody wants this board to become Chiefs Planet and letting that crap go unchecked is how it starts. 

Or the Scout board.

I will never understand the personality type that goes somewhere, acts the part of an antagonist, and then expects everyone else to just be okay with it, and tries to turn it around on other people.  It's not "weakness" to not want to be around a dumpster fire.

18 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Or the Scout board.

I will never understand the personality type that goes somewhere, acts the part of an antagonist, and then expects everyone else to just be okay with it, and tries to turn it around on other people.  It's not "weakness" to not have to be around a dumpster fire.

Meh I think some people are fans of the Chiefs ONLY because they like to bitch about how bad things are/have been.  Its like after the Cubs won the world series finally.....They probably lost half the fans because they didn't have the curse to bitch about anymore.

21 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Or the Scout board.

I will never understand the personality type that goes somewhere, acts the part of an antagonist, and then expects everyone else to just be okay with it, and tries to turn it around on other people.  It's not "weakness" to not have to be around a dumpster fire.

Isn't that gaslighting?

Archived