AFCCG Predictions

Just now, dksww said:

Isn't that gaslighting?

Yes, that's the essence of it.  That's absolute what Legend of AntiChiefs does every time this discussion comes up.  We don't like his childish, irritating behavior?  Then I guess we're the ones with a problem!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Balto said:

Meh I think some people are fans of the Chiefs ONLY because they like to bitch about how bad things are/have been.  Its like after the Cubs won the world series finally.....They probably lost half the fans because they didn't have the curse to bitch about anymore.

I'm a Royals fan but the Cubs became my second team of sorts in the mid 80s with that fun team and access in KC to WGN. That all ended during the 2003 playoffs when the same idiots you are describing above basically scapegoated Steve Bartman into being the reason their  "curse" continued. Death threats to him and his family over a baseball game made me hate the Cubs. On point I think you are exactly right. Some peoples favorite hobby is to complain. Frankly if you aren't having a blast with the 2018 Chiefs, then my advice would be to move on. Because this is FUN stuff no matter how it ends now. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

History vs the Colts didn’t mean a thing when we finally played them with the better QB.  And it won’t matter here because we’ve never ever played this game before at Arrowhead. 

This Pats team is different animal than the Colts though playing a true AFC dynasty with perhaps the best QB of all time on what’s almost certainly one of his last stands. This will either be the greatest home win in Arrowhead history and a true changing of the guard in the AFC or it will be a tough learning lesson for an overachieving team with a very young QB.

But I feel lucky as a fan we’ve earned another opportunity to watch #15s historic season continue and the team rally around him to play our best football of the season in January for a change. It’s been an unreal season and an unreal dominant playoff win last week   I just see zero negative now no matter what happens.  

That said it makes total sense for people to pick the Pats in this spot as BB usually feasts on young QBs and with our suspect defense and I don’t see people picking that way as a negative at all. This is all just fun stuff now playing with the leagues elite with everything on the line. 

There is possible negative here. If Sutton is retained, thats a big negative in my eyes. Shows loyalty trumps accountability. But his unit played well Saturday. Hope they do again.

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

There is possible negative here. If Sutton is retained, thats a big negative in my eyes. Shows loyalty trumps accountability. But his unit played well Saturday. Hope they do again.

I can't believe I'm saying this about Sutton, but I think he's kind of the Alex Smith of DCs.  He does certain things well and certain things poorly.  He needs certain things in place.  He has his lane, but if circumstances around him are bad things fall apart.

As much as I want him gone, if he saves his job with a Super Bowl championship performance and Veach can give him the right players to succeed, then maybe I could stomach a few more years of him.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

I can't believe I'm saying this about Sutton, but I think he's is kind of the Alex Smith of DCs.  He does certain things well and certain things poorly.  He needs certain things in place.  He has his lane, but if circumstances around him are bad things fall apart.

As much as I want him gone, if he saves his job with a Super Bowl championship performance and Veach can give him the right players to succeed, then maybe I could stomach a few more years of him.

He could always ride off into the sunset and retire after a SB win as well.

all of you QUIT WHININING (and I'll quit shouting :)

LAC or Anticassels or ChiefsSP or whoever they are, they are entitled to their opinion (which I rarely agree with BTW)

Chiefs win this weekend, home team, best O in the game. Best QB in the game. It's time

Chiefs 35- NE 28

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm just happy we are  hosting a championship game I dont expect the Chiefs to win as its a maturation process but it certainly has been a season of firsts...  so why not?

I hate that the weather is going to be like it is.  It really does not show Patrick at his best..or maybe it does who knows?? 

i will not be disappointed if the Chiefs lose a close one..after all they are playing a team that has been to 8 consecutive AFCCG's. It will be embarrassing if they get the LAC treatment and just dont show up. If they win I will probably cry. I'm proud of this team regardless.

I am confident yet not willing to predict a win..just hope they  play well, the refs are not over officious jerks and let the chips fall where they may

I picked the Colts to win, and that helped us.  So, here goes:  I officially pick the Pats to win.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If Suttons defense plays well three weeks in a row against three good QBs to get us to the Super Bowl, I see no negative at all really. I think Sutton retires in this scenario. 

And if we lose to the Patriots in a shootout because defense can't stop anyone then Sutton should still be the easy target to improve this team next year along with a good draft.

Worst case scenario really would be if BB comes up with some gimmick gameplan which gives PM fits and we lose 24-20. Everyone may feel we were one bounce away and it could resonate in changes that need to be made going forward on the both the coaching staff and roster. 

Again I really believe Andy's taken over some issues himself and given some game planning power to at least one other guy on the defensive staff. 

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If Suttons defense plays well three weeks in a row against three good QBs to get us to the Super Bowl, I see no negative at all really. I think Sutton retires in this scenario. 

And if we lose to the Patriots in a shootout because defense can't stop anyone then Sutton should still be the easy target to improve this team next year along with a good draft.

Worst case scenario really would be if BB comes up with some gimmick gameplan which gives PM fits and we lose 24-20. Everyone may feel we were one bounce away and it could resonate in changes that need to be made going forward on the both the coaching staff and roster. 

Again I really believe Andy's taken over some issues himself and given some game planning power to at least one other guy on the defensive staff. 

Obviously we don't know the details but I believe switching to Lucas and Ward was more of Reid's doing. Sutton has blind faith in his vets just like Reid in his coaches. Taking away some of that freedom might mean a graceful switch from Sutton after the season. Retirement sure is the best way to accomplish that and if we get a SB beforehand it'll be an even smoother process.

18 hours ago, xen said:

Didnt realize AC was so annoying but haven't been on the board much lately.  Enough is enough.  Go be an asshole elsewhere.

It’s not worth banning him yet, let him dig his own grave if he reverts back to creating 50 posts just to harp on the same thing and counter anyone who debates him ‘homers’ or any other cheap way out....

My biggest concerns for Sunday even as I predict a 30-27 win.....

1 BB is great at exploiting inexperience at QB. 

2. Michel and White. We gave up almost 200 all purpose yards to Pats in our first meeting. And for good measure Pats had even more last week vs LA. 

3. General inexperience in this spot. I heard N Smith say yesterday his first AFC Title game he felt like too many guys were focused on the Super Bowl rather than an every down focus. 

4. Was destroying a 25 year “curse” an all in emotional moment that will be hard to duplicate in back to back weeks? I heard some player interviews that almost sounded like they were just happy to be here. 

5. Defense. Weve been far better at home all year but haven’t played an offense at home who’s strengths match against our weaknesses.  

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

2. Michel and White. We gave up almost 200 all purpose yards to Pats in our first meeting. And for good measure Pats had even more last week vs LA. 

3. General inexperience in this spot. I heard N Smith say yesterday his first AFC Title game he felt like too many guys were focused on the Super Bowl rather than an every down focus. 

4. Was destroying a 25 year “curse” an all in emotional moment that will be hard to duplicate in back to back weeks? I heard some player interviews that almost sounded like they were just happy to be here. 

5. Defense. Weve been far better at home all year but haven’t played an offense at home who’s strengths match against our weaknesses.  

Very scary and good points. 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

there is a douchebag rule.. 

It isn't enforced, and that's a good thing.  Without douchebaggery, we would lose 50% of the people who post and then would have nothing to argue about, which is the whole point in a forum. We would not get to see our names in lights.  We would also require meds to raise our blood pressure to avoid passing out.  We would have to help our wives with stuff and watch commercials on TV.  Very bad idea.

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If we lose, it won't be anything like that.  The players understand that whoever executes the best, plays the hardest, makes the fewest mistakes, and sustains maximum effort through the 4th quarter will win.  The quality of players is pretty much the same in a championship game.  I trust that Reid and the player-leaders will have the right attitude and get everyone in the right mindset.  Reid can match BB in strategy and neutralize that. Mahomes can see what's happening on the field.  We are at home, and even in Foxboro we lost by only 3 points simply because they had the football last.  We also made a huge number of mistakes early in the game.  From what I have heard of players in interviews, they have only one goal...win the superbowl.  All the talk about "happy to be here" is throwing a bone to the media.  Simply, we cannot let them get out to a two score lead and then merely start trading scores.  I think the biggest factor will be Jones' ability to compress the pocket.  Brady needs a pocket where he can step up. If he has time and space to step up, he will find his guys.  If he can do that enough to win, he will win.  It's our big guys up front who will decide this thing, not curses and wrong attitudes.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If we lose, it won't be anything like that.  The players understand that whoever executes the best, plays the hardest, makes the fewest mistakes, and sustains maximum effort through the 4th quarter will win.  The quality of players is pretty much the same in a championship game.  I trust that Reid and the player-leaders will have the right attitude and get everyone in the right mindset.  Reid can match BB in strategy and neutralize that. Mahomes can see what's happening on the field.  We are at home, and even in Foxboro we lost by only 3 points simply because they had the football last.  We also made a huge number of mistakes early in the game.  From what I have heard of players in interviews, they have only one goal...win the superbowl.  All the talk about "happy to be here" is throwing a bone to the media.  Simply, we cannot let them get out to a two score lead and then merely start trading scores.  I think the biggest factor will be Jones' ability to compress the pocket.  Brady needs a pocket where he can step up. If he has time and space to step up, he will find his guys.  If he can do that enough to win, he will win.  It's our big guys up front who will decide this thing, not curses and wrong attitudes.

Makes Sense

14 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yes, awesome counterpoint. 

Archived