AFCCG Predictions

Two great coaches

Two Great QB's

Two pretty average defenses

Its going to come down to the effectiveness of each team's pass rush and mistakes (turnovers and penalties)

Having Home Field advantage really, really helps KC as our D plays much better at home.

Personally, I hope we have the same referees as last week vs the Colts.

w

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, West said:

Two great coaches

Two Great QB's

Its going to come down to the effectiveness of each team's pass rush and mistakes (turnovers and penalties)

Having Home Field advantage really, really helps KC as our D plays much better at home.

w

Yes. Excellent Take.

Seems the refs have kept their flags to a minimum during the play=offs.

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

It’s not worth banning him yet, let him dig his own grave if he reverts back to creating 50 posts just to harp on the same thing and counter anyone who debates him ‘homers’ or any other cheap way out....

Actually we have a whole list of terms he's violated since he started here.  I'm done.  Plus he doesn't like our "chicken shit outfit" anyway.  See ya.  Or not.  Even better.

8 minutes ago, West said:

Two great coaches

Two Great QB's

w

Pat's are 2nd in defensive DVOA at home and 31st in Def DVOA on the road.

So yeah.  We gonna eat their lunch.

58 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

If we lose, it won't be anything like that.  The players understand that whoever executes the best, plays the hardest, makes the fewest mistakes, and sustains maximum effort through the 4th quarter will win.  The quality of players is pretty much the same in a championship game.  I trust that Reid and the player-leaders will have the right attitude and get everyone in the right mindset.  Reid can match BB in strategy and neutralize that. Mahomes can see what's happening on the field.  We are at home, and even in Foxboro we lost by only 3 points simply because they had the football last.  We also made a huge number of mistakes early in the game.  From what I have heard of players in interviews, they have only one goal...win the superbowl.  All the talk about "happy to be here" is throwing a bone to the media.  Simply, we cannot let them get out to a two score lead and then merely start trading scores.  I think the biggest factor will be Jones' ability to compress the pocket.  Brady needs a pocket where he can step up. If he has time and space to step up, he will find his guys.  If he can do that enough to win, he will win.  It's our big guys up front who will decide this thing, not curses and wrong attitudes.

There’s a line in Hoosiers  There's a, um tradition in tournament play- not talk about the next step until you've climbed the one in front of you. I'm sure going to the state finals is beyond your wildest dreams, so let's just keep it right there. 

I guess my point is that Neil Smith was basically alluding to this same thing that he thought some of the Chiefs defense in 1993 fell into this trap.  It’s just a concern when playing a team that’s basically lived in this game for a decade. 

I agree with a lot of your thoughts. If we let Brady stay comfortable, he will pick us apart   And that goes back to how their RBs torched us in the first meeting and their likely game plan again  Without DOD, White particularly concerns me as a receiver used to neutralize our pass rush.  Keeping our hands up and in those passing lanes worked wonders last week and can again  Tips are as good as sacks to me.

Finally Mahomes especially did make a lot of mistakes in the first half our last meeting.  BB likely saw something and exploited it.  But like he had all year Mahomes responded because he is a quick learner.  Avoiding those early pitfalls no matter what is thrown at him is crucial.  

I also don’t see weather being a big factor in this one other than in kicking game  

"

1 minute ago, xen said:

Pat's are 2nd in defensive DVOA at home and 31st in Def DVOA on the road.

So yeah.  We gonna eat their lunch.

Where do you have the stats for the home/road splits?  I've been wondering about ours.  Obviously our PPG difference is CRAZY huge but I've been wondering about the advanced stats.

The Patriots SUCK on the road. They aren’t just not good. They suck.

All of their losses were on the road to non-playoff teams. Marriotta, Bortles, Tannehill. They lost to these guys.

I don’t care about their great history in the playoffs bc 90% of their history is IN NEW ENGLAND.

What are you scared of? We have the freaking MVP. If anything, THEY should be terrified. We went into their house on primetime, spotted them a 15 point lead at half and STILL had them on the ropes. They literally won that game at the buzzer.

Quit being afraid of the boogeyman. This isn’t the same old Chiefs.

35-21 Chiefs

29 minutes ago, xen said:

Actually we have a whole list of terms he's violated since he started here.  I'm done.  Plus he doesn't like our "chicken shit outfit" anyway.  See ya.  Or not.  Even better.

I'll talk to him.  I've enjoyed getting to know him over the past few years and I agree, he was rough to understand at first, but I've just always seen it as Chiefs' fan frustration.  

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It isn't enforced, and that's a good thing.  Without douchebaggery, we would lose 50% of the people who post and then would have nothing to argue about, which is the whole point in a forum. We would not get to see our names in lights.  We would also require meds to raise our blood pressure to avoid passing out.  We would have to help our wives with stuff and watch commercials on TV.  Very bad idea.

Really? May want to observe who’s not around ... 

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It isn't enforced, and that's a good thing.  Without douchebaggery, we would lose 50% of the people who post and then would have nothing to argue about, which is the whole point in a forum. We would not get to see our names in lights.  We would also require meds to raise our blood pressure to avoid passing out.  We would have to help our wives with stuff and watch commercials on TV.  Very bad idea.

Listen I have no problem with people disagreeing or being negative.  It's a message board.  Argue away.  That's what it's here for.  But there's no need to go out of your way to piss off half the board  by being douchey to everyone.  So yeah, that rule absolutely is enforced.  There are people gone that did not leave by choice.  

5 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Where do you have the stats for the home/road splits?  I've been wondering about ours.  Obviously our PPG difference is CRAZY huge but I've been wondering about the advanced stats.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/1/15/18184041/new-england-patriots-kansas-city-chiefs-afc-championship

Another interesting tidbit:

"New England has the fourth-best offense in 2018, but that’s slightly misleading: The Chiefs (565), Rams (527), and Saints (504) have each eclipsed 500 points this season—the Patriots scored 436, a distant fourth. The disparity in points scored between the Chiefs and the Patriots (129) is roughly the difference between the Patriots and the Tennessee Titans (126), who are ranked 27th in the league."

1 hour ago, xen said:

Listen I have no problem with people disagreeing or being negative.  It's a message board.  Argue away.  That's what it's here for.  But there's no need to go out of your way to piss off half the board  by being douchey to everyone.  So yeah, that rule absolutely is enforced.  There are people gone that did not leave by choice.  

Whew!  Thank God.       🎈    You are IT!   Bwahahahahaahaaaaaaaaaa   🍻

On 1/15/2019 at 7:05 PM, wilkie said:

Chiefs will win this.   They are better than the Pats.   Not going to pick a score but I do believe KC will prevail.   I just pray that the weather isn't the determinative factor.

As much as my good sense tells me the Chiefs will blow it again, something in my gut tells me they will win.

It's up to the defense. If they can make the Pats look average, the Chiefs win going away. 

But, geez. It's the Pats. In the playoffs. And the Chiefs. In the playoffs.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, Okiechief1 said:

Torn on this game.  My heart says KC my brain says Pats. 

Either way semi low scoring by KC standards 28 to 27  27 to 24 somewhere in there

I'm like the kid in Polar Express. I WANT to believe. But, when I shake the bell I can't hear anything. Or maybe I hear it really low, just barely.

If the Chiefs jump to a comfortable lead and the defense is playing well, the bell will be deafening. But, until then, I WANT to believe.

8 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

As much as my good sense tells me the Chiefs will blow it again, something in my gut tells me they will win.

It's up to the defense. If they can make the Pats look average, the Chiefs win going away. 

One thing is certain. Either the curse is dissolved forever or it gains even greater superhuman powers.  But aahhh, its just a game. No need to get nervous, right?

.....Right?

9 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I'm not buying that narrative anymore the way we dismantled a Colts team that had lost only one game since mid October. The playoffs are largely about who has the better QB and when all that is equal it's anyones game. Our prior playoff record had everything to do with being clearly outclassed at QB in nearly every loss. Those days are over. Certainly doesn't mean we can't lose to the GOAT and an experienced Patriots team. But we aren't playing against history anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm not buying that narrative anymore the way we dismantled a Colts team that had lost only one game since mid October. The playoffs are largely about who has the better QB and when all that is equal it's anyones game. Our prior playoff record had everything to do with being clearly outclassed at QB in nearly every loss. Those days are over. Certainly doesn't mean we can't lose to the GOAT and an experienced Patriots team. But we aren't playing against history anymore. 

AMEN

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Very well articulated 

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We'll see Sunday. 

Archived