AFCCG Predictions

On 1/17/2019 at 3:06 PM, xen said:

Listen I have no problem with people disagreeing or being negative.  It's a message board.  Argue away.  That's what it's here for.  But there's no need to go out of your way to piss off half the board  by being douchey to everyone.  So yeah, that rule absolutely is enforced.  There are people gone that did not leave by choice.  

I'm like the proof that this isn't the strongest enforced rule ever.  Basically just don't come in with a goal of being a giant asshole around the clock and you'll be fine.

Now there's at least one certain poster that would say I am one and should be gone lol

Now as for the game, I'm going to throw out the stats about the Pats D being statistically awful on the road, as I think they'll be ready.  The Chiefs and Patriots match up well all around, but I have a feeling there are 2 players that will put literally every single thing on the line to play in the Super Bowl in their home area of Atlanta and I think that's what will make the difference and put the Chiefs over the top.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm like the proof that this isn't the strongest enforced rule ever.  Basically just don't come in with a goal of being a giant asshole around the clock and you'll be fine.

Now there's at least one certain poster that would say I am one and should be gone lol

Now as for the game, I'm going to throw out the stats about the Pats D being statistically awful on the road, as I think they'll be ready.  The Chiefs and Patriots match up well all around, but I have a feeling there are 2 players that will put literally every single thing on the line to play in the Super Bowl in their home area of Atlanta and I think that's what will make the difference and put the Chiefs over the top.

You can’t understate the meaning and potential boost in performance from playing games in front of your home town. The game in Atlanta 2 years ago was a perfect example. As was our game in Cleveland this year.

The thought have having the opportunity for our Georgia boys to do that in the Super Bowl has to be unbelievably compelling. Key is to use that to stay focused on the task at hand and not day dreaming about what’s possible. 

I heard yesterday we only have one player who’s ever played in a championship game. Experience in this spot can matter. So at the very least this will be invaluable moving forward. Tomorrow it’s up to Andy Reid and his vast experience here to keep his team focused.

I can totally understand why anyone would question whether the Chiefs can or will win the game on Sunday. We are in uncharted territory. The Chiefs have never hosted an AFC championship before. That little factoid should make us all a little angry I would think. Decades of futility. My adult children had never seen a Chiefs home playoff win until last week. Criminal.

For me it all boils down to the Chiefs not shooting themselves in the foot. No turnovers...limit the penalties. I think Mahomes has the right stuff to get this team to the promised land. He is the difference from the past failures. He is the future of this league. I think with EB and the home crowd the Chiefs play inspired defense as well. Nice run Pats....your time has run out.

Chiefs 34-Pats 23.

23 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I can totally understand why anyone would question whether the Chiefs can or will win the game on Sunday. We are in uncharted territory. The Chiefs have never hosted an AFC championship before. That little factoid should make us all a little angry I would think. Decades of futility. My adult children had never seen a Chiefs home playoff win until last week. Criminal.

For me it all boils down to the Chiefs not shooting themselves in the foot. No turnovers...limit the penalties. I think Mahomes has the right stuff to get this team to the promised land. He is the difference from the past failures. He is the future of this league. I think with EB and the home crowd the Chiefs play inspired defense as well. Nice run Pats....your time has run out.

Chiefs 34-Pats 23.

Amazing that only 4 AFC teams in the last 15 years have hosted this game. We now become the 5th. Whats most compelling about our future is that every one of the teams that hosted one in the last 15 years, also hosted another in that same period. And in most cases three. This league is all about the HC-QB combo if you want to host championship games in front of your home fans. History is on our side to do it again. Most likely multiple times. We taken a step into the playing field with elite. Now we gotta break through this wall too. Fun stuff.

17 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Amazing that only 4 AFC teams in the last 15 years have hosted this game. We now become the 5th. Whats most compelling about our future is that every one of the teams that hosted one in the last 15 years, also hosted another in that same period. And in most cases three. This league is all about the HC-QB combo if you want to host championship games in front of your home fans. History is on our side to do it again. Most likely multiple times. We taken a step into the playing field with elite. Now we gotta break through this wall too. Fun stuff.

Agree

On 1/15/2019 at 7:57 PM, kkuenn said:

Every team has a history behind them and it is just that. How about Brady is just 1-2 all time at Arrowhead with 3 TDs and 6 ints?

New England has not won an AFC championship road game since 2004 too.

We are about to rewrite our own history and start the next dynasty.

How did that work out for ya?

Archived