Berry practicing

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

29 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He needs to play the whole game. None of this half stuff as before.

Anything he can add is good for me. Its not like he is putting an all star on the bench.

Some notes

• Safety Eric Berry was listed as a “full participant” for the third straight day on Friday. Berry has missed the Chiefs’ last two games (Week 17 and last week against the Colts) due to his lingering heel injury but should play on Sunday.
  • Berry on Friday, when asked if he was confident he would play in the game: “Yeah, I feel pretty good. [I’ll] just talk to coach (Reid) and see what he wants to do and just go from there.”
  • Remember, here’s what Chiefs defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said regarding Berry on Thursday: “Won’t know until Sunday probably. He’s back practicing and we all have our hopes that he’s going to be able to make it and we’ll just have to wait and see. We’re practicing a lot of people so in case he can’t go or whatever, we go ... With EB right now, it’s truly a day-to-day deal, and it’s not coach-talk, that’s just how it is. We just kind of have to go and play each day, plan the practice accordingly and go. We obviously would love to have him out there.”

• After they started the week as “limited participants” on Wednesday, right guard Laurent Durvernay-Tardif and running back Spencer Ware should be ready, as they have no designation headed into the game. Duvernay-Tardif last played Week 5 and Ware last played Week 14.
  • I think there is a scenario in which the Chiefs hold Duvernay-Tardif back, or move Andrew Wylie to left guard from right guard. Wylie has played well in Duvernay-Tardif’s place, while the Chiefs went back and forth between Cam Erving and Jeff Allen at left guard this season.
  • Linebacker Dorian O’Daniel, who missed last week against the Colts, did not practice this week and is the only player on both teams expected to miss the game.
  • As of Thursday, the Patriots have nobody on their inj

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

If he plays, it’s huge. But don’t play if you can’t finish/ I don’t want to see this dude on the sideline when it matters down the stretch.

I'm not understanding this.  If the defense is better with Berry playing, why not be better for a half or three quarters?  Maybe it would make sense to ration his snaps so he could play at the end if critical to getting a stop, but any improvement in the defense would be welcome even if for only part of the game.

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm not understanding this.  If the defense is better with Berry playing, why not be better for a half or three quarters?  Maybe it would make sense to ration his snaps so he could play at the end if critical to getting a stop, but any improvement in the defense would be welcome even if for only part of the game.

Exactly. Four great teams are playing Sunday. Two great teams will lose. Nothing that has happened prior to this game matters. Nothing that happens Super Bowl Sunday Matters. You win your in. Lose and its wait until who knows when? Its easy to assume KC will have many more chances with Mahomes to get to the Super Bowl. Life is not so predictable. 

This could be KCs best chance to get that ring. Berry, in any capacity, improves those chances.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

If it’s a ration, or snap count, then save something for the end. Both games he was on the sideline when it mattered.

jmo 

13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

If it’s a ration, or snap count, then save something for the end. Both games he was on the sideline when it mattered.

jmo 

Some games are lost in the first quarter?  I think you play the guy & see what happens. 

14 minutes ago, Calichief said:

jmo 

Agree, and that's what I posted.  But I also think if Berry can go and then wears out before the game is over or the pain increases to the point that he can't go further, then whatever time he does play is a plus over not playing at all just because he's a threat to not finish.  

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree, and that's what I posted.  But I also think if Berry can go and then wears out before the game is over or the pain increases to the point that he can't go further, then whatever time he does play is a plus over not playing at all just because he's a threat to not finish.  

I figured he would play when KC cut Parker. No way they go into a game with just 3 safeties. I think it was clear he was ready last week. They may have had him sit due to the wet field and confidence they could win that game without him. 

17 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I figured he would play when KC cut Parker. No way they go into a game with just 3 safeties. I think it was clear he was ready last week. They may have had him sit due to the wet field and confidence they could win that game without him. 

Maybe you're right, but it's hard to believe that the Chiefs were so confident about the Indy game that they would sit Berry if he could have played.  Maybe they judged that he wouldn't be 100% effective, but at least they would have wanted to knock off some more rust. 

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Be cautious with your optimism. Berry from his own mouth isn’t sure.

Whatever. I am not in need of anything but enjoying the game. I am optimistic. Its a quality I strive for each day. If he doesnt play I will not be let down, or sad or upset. Just hope he plays and contributes. 

OPTIMISM IS A GOOD THING IN LIFE

9 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Whatever. I am not in need of anything but enjoying the game. I am optimistic. Its a quality I strive for each day. If he doesnt play I will not be let down, or sad or upset. Just hope he plays and contributes. 

OPTIMISM IS A GOOD THING IN LIFE

Yea, chiefs don’t need him to win. It will be a bonus if he plays.

On 1/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, FANATIC said:

Asked Reid how Dorian O'Daniel got injured. He said the rookie linebacker got rolled up on a few games back, got in a pile.

9:56 AM - 17 Jan 2019

His teammates cannot rely on him. It's time for everyone to step up. Act as if he's not playing. Then it will be a boost.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe you're right, but it's hard to believe that the Chiefs were so confident about the Indy game that they would sit Berry if he could have played.  Maybe they judged that he wouldn't be 100% effective, but at least they would have wanted to knock off some more rust. 

in fairness, the game went our way early... even with the blocked punt

if they decided to hold him out until they really needed him, this would have been the game to do it

16 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I don't know if anybody seen the press conference that he did, but their seems to be more to this than just heel pain. 

I agree. I never realized pre-cancer but he seems to have a yellow tint and his "energy" just aint there..at the presser he seemed almost sedated. I dont see how the other players can say how he is an emotional leader unless his mere presence is inspiring. I am sure there is somethings he does in the background that we never will know about 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:
DxXSnLSXgAEIc6F.jpg
7:19 AM - 20 Jan 2019

Should have been done already. But at least we can pencil him in as our starting SS next year if he gets it done. That kind of ability and leadership isnt easy to find.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, oldtimer said:

I agree. I never realized pre-cancer but he seems to have a yellow tint and his "energy" just aint there..at the presser he seemed almost sedated. I dont see how the other players can say how he is an emotional leader unless his mere presence is inspiring. I am sure there is somethings he does in the background that we never will know about 

How often have you heard a player's teammate say about him "that guy is our emotional leader! He fuckin brings it when it comes time for an interview or press conference!"...?

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How often have you heard a player's teammate say about him "that guy is our emotional leader! He fuckin brings it when it comes time for an interview or press conference!"...?

Totally understand what OT is saying as this season it just seems on the outside like he’s lost his mojo.  But you are absolutely right that anytime a teammate talks about him it’s clear he’s still revered in that locker room. Maybe the one good biproduct of him being on active roster all year is that he’s stayed connected to team. 

Archived