Thinking ahead for Super Bowl and Saints advantage

Was thinking if we play the Saints in the Super Bowl do you think that is a HUGE advantage to them being that there fans have a very short travel distance to Atlanta?  OR are Super Bowls mainly filled with rich folks and only there for the experience NOT true fans?

I'll bite. There wouldn't be a noticeable advantage if there was one at all. So many folks from all over the country and the world for that matter fill up the seats at the super bowl that there won't be enough Saints fans to make it any more difficult for us. Probably a lot of ATL locals whom many of will be rooting against the Saints as NFC South rivals of the Falcons. Add to that the fact that KC was 5-3 on the road in non-neutral stadiums with a real home-field advantage and we had a chance to win all 3 of those.

1 hour ago, Gil said:

I'll bite. There wouldn't be a noticeable advantage if there was one at all. So many folks from all over the country and the world for that matter fill up the seats at the super bowl that there won't be enough Saints fans to make it any more difficult for us. Probably a lot of ATL locals whom many of will be rooting against the Saints as NFC South rivals of the Falcons. Add to that the fact that KC was 5-3 on the road in non-neutral stadiums with a real home-field advantage and we had a chance to win all 3 of those.

The super bowl has become a place to be seen by celebrities, and average fans like us get left out because of absurd costs.  If you see fans at the game wearing a jersey, they likely bought it before the game just to choose a side.  There’s no crowd advantage in the super bowl. 

20 hours ago, Balto said:

Was thinking if we play the Saints in the Super Bowl do you think that is a HUGE advantage to them being that there fans have a very short travel distance to Atlanta?  OR are Super Bowls mainly filled with rich folks and only there for the experience NOT true fans?

The fact the Chiefs travel as well as any team in the NFL combined with reality each team would get the same number of tickets means it would be a pretty neutral crowd. I actually would expect more red in the stands.  But largely I agree with Moon that this game is SO expensive (I've been looking at packages all week that start at $5000 for a game ticket and two nights in a crap hotel) that its much more of a corporate than fan driven experience that impacts play on the field. 

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

The fact the Chiefs travel as well as any team in the NFL combined with reality each team would get the same number of tickets means it would be a pretty neutral crowd. I actually would expect more red in the stands.  But largely I agree with Moon that this game is SO expensive (I've been looking at packages all week that start at $5000 for a game ticket and two nights in a crap hotel) that its much more of a corporate than fan driven experience that impacts play on the field. 

Yeah, most of the crowd is there to be seen at the SB and couldn't care less who's playing. 

Archived