Top 25 Free Agents -

We definitely franchise Ford but if he leaves via a trade or something I would look to add KJ Wright. He's a decent pass rusher when given the go but not as good as either of our OLBs. However he's much better than both against the run and in coverage. With the injuries he might come in relatively cheap and would definitely upgrade the LBs from day one. 

Earl Thomas is always a nice option. Lucas is emerging as a decent option but we play 3-safety sets way too often. Thomas would change the group to world class with a healthy Berry and we would be ready for any freak injuries.

I don't think any other name hits the FA that would help us out. I see way too many franchise tags in that list but don't know the dynamics of most teams so it's just an estimation. 

I think KJ could be a great player for us as he fits more of the Derrick Johnson mold, but I don't see him leaving Seattle.  I just can't get on the Thomas train as tying up a bunch of money on a safety who's missed two years seems too familiar and a lot of risk, if he was under 30 I'd be more open to the idea. Collins seems more appealing if he hits the market, but will cost is too much. 

I like the idea of Flowers as he can play and would be an upgrade at DE that we could really use. NE will probably let him walk as they can be cheap. 

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I really like trey flowers but i dont think he is realistic salary wise.

jordan hicks lb eagles would be great, but I don’t see him getting out if philly.

the most realistic name on that list that I could see fitting in here would be rb tevin coleman

Agreed. I'd like for us to bring in Coleman. 

Biggest need, and least likely to be found in the draft, is a starting ILB.  I doubt the Chiefs can afford KJ or Mosely, but that would be the dream.  One would have to be in the locker room to know if the Chiefs are thinking they can go with Watts, Lucas, and Berry plus a draft pick at safety.  No CB on the list that turns me on.  Anybody to replace Bailey on the list? 

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Im most interested in Ha Ha. Love to have Darby too. He will cost a ton though.

Honestly I dont see them spending much on outside free agents. I think the defensive rebuild will come mainly through the draft.

I think we have to spend what we can while Pat is cheap. In 3 years the spending money disappears when he becomes the highest paid super bowl winning QB. Otherwise, we need to extend those we want to keep with front loaded contracts such as Hill. 

Landon Collins, that's all.  Let Berry walk post-June 1.  Draft CB in round 1 - Byron Murphy, Trayvon Mullen, or Deandre Baker if they fall.  Roll with Fuller/Rd1/Ward and Watts/Lucas/Collins.

Side note - I think we are a legit candidate to trade up or back , depending on how stuff falls.

There is only one true game changing ILB in this draft, White from LSU.  Everyone else has their hiccups - Bush, Wilson, Lamar.

A lot of D-Line depth in the draft too with some good edge rush potential.

15 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think we have to spend what we can while Pat is cheap. In 3 years the spending money disappears when he becomes the highest paid super bowl winning QB. Otherwise, we need to extend those we want to keep with front loaded contracts such as Hill. 

Thats the reason I font think we will spend much. Jones and Hill will be expensive extensions. So we need as many starters as possible on first contracts. Draft the hell out of defense. 

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Thats the reason I font think we will spend much. Jones and Hill will be expensive extensions. So we need as many starters as possible on first contracts. Draft the hell out of defense. 

I bet we structure at least one of them to not impact us this year and leave us with more cap space.  

38 minutes ago, dksww said:

If we extend Jones and HIll in the off-season, can they keep their current 2019 cap hit(rookie deal) and have the new deal start in 2020(higher cap hit)?

I would think so. If they are extensions. This cap shit is so confusing. Can they still get large signing bonuses on extensions? And spread them out...

43 minutes ago, beltranfan said:

Might as well write Earl Thomas into the starting line up.    He has been a target of this front office all along.   Franchise Ford.  Cut Houston.   add a middle linebacker that can help against the run.   

Veach targeted L. Collins as well but the Giants wanted too much.  I would almost prefer him since he's younger and healty, but would be more expensive that E. Thomas.

Archived