It's getting close

Talked to my friend this morning at church. He's the equipment manager for the Chiefs and he said he and his staff have started the preparations for camp. Ultimately they'll send 8 semi truck loads of equipment etc to St. Joe.

Just got back from visiting my family in Denver. Everyone there already has their request offs from work to see the Super Bowl parade next spring. It's a guarantee they say....heard a lot of homer fans talk about how the Chiefs will even be last behind the Raiders in AFC WEST.

Can't say i could argue with their optimism. Shoe on other foot you know how it would be. But i would definitely love to see the dreams crushed.

A couple injuries to key players and they could be crying come playoffs. I'm not going to pretend to be a nice guy, cause I'm really a huge asshole. That being said...is it bad to say I wouldn't mind seeing that happen? Cause...I would quite enjoy watching their players and fans suffer at the same time.

Sadly I think the chiefs will struggle much more this year. I just don't see the improvements that were needed. As always though I hope I am wrong. Donkey fans seem to believe that yes they will indeed get revenge this year and win the Super Bowl, but I love seeing them suffer with a loss in the playoffs or missing them completely. It is always fun to see donkey fans deflated and heartbroken. It might be more of the mentality of "welcome to my world" but it is still fun.

A couple injuries to key players and they could be crying come playoffs. I'm not going to pretend to be a nice guy, cause I'm really a huge asshole. That being said...is it bad to say I wouldn't mind seeing that happen? Cause...I would quite enjoy watching their players and fans suffer at the same time.

Any team can be derailed by injuries.  Look at how losing Hali and Houston hurt KC down the stretch.

Raiders play THE toughest schedule on paper. How have they gotten good enough in the offseason to pass the Chiefs? I just don't see it.

p.s. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!

The Raiders have improved on paper.  Khalil Mack could be a pain in the arse for years to come.  The upgraded at QB, improved their OL and added MJD.  We'll see if he has anything left.

Still I don't understand their plans on defense.  They brought in a lot of over the hill 34 players it seems, but are still running the 43.  I guess they'll be a hybrid.  Lamar Woodley at RE?  IDK.

I don't think they have enough to pass KC either.

The Raiders have improved on paper. Khalil Mack could be a pain in the arse for years to come. The upgraded at QB, improved their OL and added MJD. We'll see if he has anything left.

Still I don't understand their plans on defense. They brought in a lot of over the hill 34 players it seems, but are still running the 43. I guess they'll be a hybrid. Lamar Woodley at RE? IDK.

I don't think they have enough to pass KC either.

The only way that happens is if they get some good breaks like we did under Haley's first year. Seems like we got A LOT of bounces that year. That's all it takes. However, not too impressed with what they've done. They better block for Schaub.

What I don't understand about OAK is that they spent the last two years digging out of cap Hell.  The minute they get out they go on a spending spree on 30+ yr old  guys like LaMarr Woodley, Justin Tuck, Antonio Smith, Donald Penn, MJD, James Jones, and Matt Schaub,

The only reasonably intelligent signing they made was on Austin Howard.  

I thought Al Davis died.  Are they channeling his spirit?

I think the AFC West will come down to Denver and KC.

Bolts always find a way to play below their capability and the Raiders are only one year into a massive rebuild.

w

The same Chargers that beat KC twice last year?  UM, okay.  I don't see that KC is much better than they are.

You make it sound like the chiefs got steam rolled. Healthy team, the chiefs were better than the bolts.

No they weren't.  The Chargers won a playoff game and beat Denver and Indy.  They weren't world beaters, but they were better.

Then explain why they lost to the titans, texans, raiders, and redskins. All teams the chiefs beat.

Healthy I think the chiefs were better than the chargers. It's not always black and white like you make it out to be. Whether you acknowledge it or not. There are varibles that affect the outcome of games.

This season who knows? Stuff seems to reset for the most part.

But, whatever.

Then explain why they lost to the titans, texans, raiders, and redskins. All teams the chiefs beat.

Healthy I think the chiefs were better than the chargers. It's not always black and white like you make it out to be. Whether you acknowledge it or not. There are varibles that affect the outcome of games.

This season who knows? Stuff seems to reset for the most part.

But, whatever.

Sure that goes both ways.  Were the Eagles a bad team last year?  No, but they were when the Chiefs played them.  They change QB and off they go.  The Chiefs might have not been so fortunate had they played them later.  

In the case of the Chargers they hit their stride late.  Like I said they weren't world beaters but winning in Denver in prime time eclipses anything the Chiefs did last year in itself.  They beat the Chiefs twice, scrubs or not, and won a playoff game.  They were better.

Its not a big deal.  I just have to laugh when members of this board look down at other teams when this team has the 9th worst record in the NFL the last ten years, saved only by a few token one and done playoff frauds.

Mongo, your negativity is old already and we're not in TC yet! I hope you get it out of your system soon. When the season rolls around, ya gotta bite your tongue! ;-) 

Sorry to introduce a little reality into your fantasy.  How's this?

"The Chiefs are poised to be better than the 86 Bears with an OL reminiscent of the 90's Cowboys.  Hell their secondary is better than Seattle's and the WR corp is world class.  Forget Rice and Taylor, Swann and Stallworth.  KC has Bowe and Avery! Add to it that this is the year A.J. Jenkins  and Junior Hemingway both break out."

Better?

PS:  Don't worry.  When the games start, I'm always in their corner.

"The Chiefs are poised to be better than the 86 Bears with an OL reminiscent of the 90's Cowboys.  Hell their secondary is better than Seattle's and the WR corp is world class.  Forget Rice and Taylor, Swann and Stallworth.  KC has Bowe and Avery! Add to it that this is the year A.J. Jenkins  and Junior Hemingway both break out."

Better?

That's the spirit!!   :D

Better?

Yeah, that's much better! Surely A.J. Jenkins and Junior Hemingway can carry them deep into the playoffs! And you didn't even mention a #1 drafted QB that can embarrass a pretender like Giraffe-neck Manning! This season is a lock, so glad you are finally dealing with it! ;-)

Archived