Colin Cowherd's crowd noise take to play on Arrowhead Stadium video board

I CANNOT WAIT!!  To see what this arrowhead will be like sunday!!  Gonna be quite an experience for me and the boy!!

When the Chiefs play at Arrowhead Stadium they get a boost from their fans like no other. It’s dubbed the ‘Arrowhead advantage’ for a reason.

Arrowhead Stadium is known as the loudest outdoor stadium in the world. Chiefs fans set the Guinness record for that exact category against the New England Patriots at Arrowhead Stadium in 2014. That game saw 142.2 decibels, a Chiefs victory, and the Patriots flying home defeated.

Earlier this week, Fox Sports pundit Colin Cowherd took to the air waves to say that the cold temperatures and a bundled up crowd would cause the Chiefs’ homefield advantage to be neutralized. Take a look:

Chiefs Kingdom wasn’t very enthused to hear this take from Cowherd. A lot of them chimed in on social media and many thought this video would be perfect fodder to motivate the Arrowhead crowd to be louder than ever on Sunday. After all, it’s only the most important game the Chiefs have played in decades.

As it turns out the Chiefs media team agrees with the fans. There are plans to have the video playing on the Arrowhead Stadium video board ahead of Sunday’s AFC championship game according The Kansas City Star’s Sam Mellinger. Cowherd’s words may just help the crowd at Arrowhead Stadium be as loud as they ever have been. Perhaps they’ll even be able to hear the roaring crowd all the way in Boston or in Cowherd’s recording studio in Los Angeles.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/18/kansas-city-chiefs-colin-cowherd-arrowhead-stadium-crowd-noise/?fbclid=IwAR3azUqR6yH_83uGmLvSP03X29nxnk5k4E0I4dZodO_U1ToQDTAb2XBdBxA

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We may have never have hosted an AFC Championship Colin, but we have had PLENTY of very cold games. There's only one thing that can possibly neutralize the Chiefs home crowd and that's the Patriots. 

Even then I think it's gonna be hard to keep it down.  I have a feeling we are gonna see shades of the 90's elevated a few notches!!  Even my debbie downer arse is priming the ol vocal cords for this one.

5 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Even then I think it's gonna be hard to keep it down.  I have a feeling we are gonna see shades of the 90's elevated a few notches!!  Even my debbie downer arse is priming the ol vocal cords for this one.

There's been a different vibe and an elevated energy level at Arrowhead all season. People just seemed to sense this was something different and plus the Mahomes aura has clearly brought in a bunch of new younger fans in their early drinking years who can still bring it all day without any problem. 

Archived