Just curious how much is accomplished by spending 18 hr. days in the office and sleeping there vs. 12 hr. days with a little family time and some home cooking.  It may be impressive that Reid is so dedicated, but it that really efficient?  Prioritizing, delegation, adequate rest, and balancing one's life would seem to accomplish just as much and the stress levels would be lower. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Just curious how much is accomplished by spending 18 hr. days in the office and sleeping there vs. 12 hr. days with a little family time and some home cooking.  It may be impressive that Reid is so dedicated, but it that really efficient?  Prioritizing, delegation, adequate rest, and balancing one's life would seem to accomplish just as much and the stress levels would be lower. 

interesting question and I am sure much of it has  to do with the personality type but If you remember DV had the same issue and  was"The reason" for his leaving Philly so its not un heard of and I'd wager if you scoured the other papers you'd find similar stories

Interesting article and interesting replies. I was initially hyped reading this, but after reading you guys responses and thinking about it, I'm not sure what to think.  When the Chiefs hired Reid I wasn't totally sure about it, especially after what went down in his personal life. 

I'm now glad the Chiefs hired him, but wonder how much longer he will coach if the Chiefs do win a SB. 

23 minutes ago, qnet said:

Interesting article and interesting replies. I was initially hyped reading this, but after reading you guys responses and thinking about it, I'm not sure what to think.  When the Chiefs hired Reid I wasn't totally sure about it, especially after what went down in his personal life. 

I'm now glad the Chiefs hired him, but wonder how much longer he will coach if the Chiefs do win a SB. 

With this qb and being able to address the defense this year, I think he would ride it out for another SB win or 2.  Be nice to win 3 in a row!

22 minutes ago, qnet said:

Ive wondered that also, but then I think about what it means to his legacy to coach a  Mahomes for several successful years. With Mahomes around I don't see Andy going anywhere right away.  

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

With this qb and being able to address the defense this year, I think he would ride it out for another SB win or 2.  Be nice to win 3 in a row!

Understand your point, but let's just make sure we actually get to a SB before talking about multiple Lombardis.

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

interesting question and I am sure much of it has  to do with the personality type but If you remember DV had the same issue and  was"The reason" for his leaving Philly so its not un heard of and I'd wager if you scoured the other papers you'd find similar stories

Gruden by all accounts was the worst of anyone ever.

3 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Ive wondered that also, but then I think about what it means to his legacy to coach a  Mahomes for several successful years. With Mahomes around I don't see Andy going anywhere right away.  

Agree.  Mahomes seems to be Reid's new shiny toy and he'll want to play with it a long time.  Most coaches probably dream of having the next Montana, Elway, Manning, or Bradey and Reid just hit the jackpot.  Barring bad health or a personal crisis, he's not going anywhere.

Archived