GAME DAY THREAD CHIEFS V PATS

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• 4 months later...

Just rewatched the game yesterday on NFL Network. All of the players, especially on defense, who gave up especially big plays or made completely bonehead plays are all gone now. Steven Nelson gave up that TD to Dorsett, gone. Eric Berry was absolutely atrocious against 3 ghosts of Gronkowski especially in OT, gone. Houston never got close to Brady, gone. Dee Ford, who lined up offside with 54 seconds left and negated what would have been the game clinching interception, gone. Outside of that roughing the passer penalty on Jones, bullshit. And that Hogan catch that hit the ground and was ruled a catch. It was all right there. Chiefs Defensive players who made mistakes or blew it on big plays are gone for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Just rewatched the game yesterday on NFL Network. All of the players, especially on defense, who gave up especially big plays or made completely bonehead plays are all gone now. Steven Nelson gave up that TD to Dorsett, gone. Eric Berry was absolutely atrocious against 3 ghosts of Gronkowski especially in OT, gone. Houston never got close to Brady, gone. Dee Ford, who lined up offside with 54 seconds left and negated what would have been the game clinching interception, gone. Outside of that roughing the passer penalty on Jones, bullshit. And that Hogan catch that hit the ground and was ruled a catch. It was all right there. Chiefs Defensive players who made mistakes or blew it on big plays are gone for a reason. 

Yes, I agree completely.  That's why it's so funny to see the national media quote losing those guys as key losses.

I'm convinced KC will have a top 12-15 defense.

1 hour ago, gochiefsgo said:

Most importantly, dipshit DC is gone

BUT....would we have rallied and won the game?   Nobody knows and it is now 5 months ago.  Reminds this old man of watching the Chiefs Dolphins Chirstmas Day game of 1971.  But.....But....

It is what it is.   

6 hours ago, wilkie said:

BUT....would we have rallied and won the game?   Nobody knows and it is now 5 months ago.  Reminds this old man of watching the Chiefs Dolphins Chirstmas Day game of 1971.  But.....But....

It is what it is.   

I'm not old enough to remember that 71 Dolphins game, but I believe the Chiefs had a good chance to beat the Pats. If I remember correctly there wasn't a lot of time left on the clock when Brady threw the INT. The Chiefs had been moving the ball really well during that quarter. My only question/concern is how long did Ward have possession of the ball before it went out of bounds

Alas, it's all a moot point now. It is, what it is,  as you said. 

10 hours ago, wilkie said:

BUT....would we have rallied and won the game?   Nobody knows and it is now 5 months ago.

We had a 4-point lead (28-24) at that point---no need to rally.  The Patriots went on to score in the next few plays and take the lead (31-28).  Then we tied it with a FG (31-31) to send to OT and obviously lost.

That INT happened at 1:01.  I don't remember the Patriots' time out situation, reading a game log it seems they may have had all of them?  So worst case scenario, we're trying to get a first down, fail, and punt with maybe 45 seconds to go, and the Pats need to go the length of the field for a TD with no TDs?  Possible considering how bad our D was playing, but harder to do than the position they were in.

20 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

We had a 4-point lead (28-24) at that point---no need to rally.  The Patriots went on to score in the next few plays and take the lead (31-28).  Then we tied it with a FG (31-31) to send to OT and obviously lost.

That INT happened at 1:01.  I don't remember the Patriots' time out situation, reading a game log it seems they may have had all of them?  So worst case scenario, we're trying to get a first down, fail, and punt with maybe 45 seconds to go, and the Pats need to go the length of the field for a TD with no TDs?  Possible considering how bad our D was playing, but harder to do than the position they were in.

I see an INT at 8:06 left in the 4th....not 1:01

Interception 2 plays, 2 yards, 0:44

NE17 KC14

1st & 10 at NE 28

(8:39 - 4th) S.Michel up the middle to NE 30 for 2 yards (K.Fuller; D.Nnadi).

2nd & 8 at NE 30

(8:06 - 4th) T.Brady pass deep left intended for J.Edelman INTERCEPTED by D.Sorensen at NE 47. D.Sorensen to NE 23 for 24 yards (S.Michel).

No timeoutes used until 11 sec left in game?

(0:11 - 4th) Timeout #1 by NE at 00:11.

2nd & 10 at NE 21

(0:08 - 4th) Harrison Butker 39 Yd Field Goal

End of Half1 play, -1 yard, 0:08

NE31KC31

(0:08 - 4th) H.Butker kicks 48 yards from KC 35 to NE 17. J.Develin to NE 19 for 2 yards.

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I see an INT at 8:06 left in the 4th....not 1:01

Interception 2 plays, 2 yards, 0:44

NE17 KC14

1st & 10 at NE 28

(8:39 - 4th) S.Michel up the middle to NE 30 for 2 yards (K.Fuller; D.Nnadi).

2nd & 8 at NE 30

(8:06 - 4th) T.Brady pass deep left intended for J.Edelman INTERCEPTED by D.Sorensen at NE 47. D.Sorensen to NE 23 for 24 yards (S.Michel).

No timeoutes used until 11 sec left in game?

(0:11 - 4th) Timeout #1 by NE at 00:11.

2nd & 10 at NE 21

(0:08 - 4th) Harrison Butker 39 Yd Field Goal

End of Half1 play, -1 yard, 0:08

NE31KC31

(0:08 - 4th) H.Butker kicks 48 yards from KC 35 to NE 17. J.Develin to NE 19 for 2 yards.

Whatever play-by-play you're looking at must not include it because it was wiped by the penalty.  We are definitely not referring to the one you're posting.  Go to this link and scroll to the Patriots final TD drive in regulation.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019012001/2018/POST20/patriots@chiefs

5 Yard Penalty
(1:01) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right intended for R.Gronkowski INTERCEPTED by C.Ward at KC 30. C.Ward to KC 36 for 6 yards (R.Gronkowski). FUMBLES (R.Gronkowski), ball out of bounds at KC 40. PENALTY on KC-D.Ford, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at KC 34 - No Play.
3rd & 10 at KC 34

I also do not see any timeouts by NE until 00:11 left.  I don't remember what happened there, possibly trying to ice Butker?

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

Whatever play-by-play you're looking at must not include it because it was wiped by the penalty.  We are definitely not referring to the one you're posting.  Go to this link and scroll to the Patriots final TD drive in regulation.

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019012001/2018/POST20/patriots@chiefs

5 Yard Penalty
(1:01) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right intended for R.Gronkowski INTERCEPTED by C.Ward at KC 30. C.Ward to KC 36 for 6 yards (R.Gronkowski). FUMBLES (R.Gronkowski), ball out of bounds at KC 40. PENALTY on KC-D.Ford, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at KC 34 - No Play.
3rd & 10 at KC 34

I also do not see any timeouts by NE until 00:11 left.  I don't remember what happened there, possibly trying to ice Butker?

Okay I misunderstood. i thought there was an interception that stood at 1:01

3rd & 10 at KC 34

(0:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right intended for R.Gronkowski INTERCEPTED by C.Ward at KC 30. C.Ward to KC 36 for 6 yards (R.Gronkowski). FUMBLES (R.Gronkowski), ball out of bounds at KC 40. PENALTY on KC-D.Ford, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at KC 34 - No Play.

14 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Okay I misunderstood. i thought there was an interception that stood at 1:01

3rd & 10 at KC 34

(0:54 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right intended for R.Gronkowski INTERCEPTED by C.Ward at KC 30. C.Ward to KC 36 for 6 yards (R.Gronkowski). FUMBLES (R.Gronkowski), ball out of bounds at KC 40. PENALTY on KC-D.Ford, Defensive Offside, 5 yards, enforced at KC 34 - No Play.

No, I was responding to wilkie's comment of "who knows if we rally?" which I understood to be in the context of Ward's overturned INT due to Ford's penalty.  My point was, that interception would have *basically* clinched the game, though I guess not 100%, but we didn't need to "rally" because we were up at that point.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

No, I was responding to wilkie's comment of "who knows if we rally?" which I understood to be in the context of Ward's overturned INT due to Ford's penalty.  My point was, that interception would have *basically* clinched the game, though I guess not 100%, but we didn't need to "rally" because we were up at that point.

Basically they had 3 TOs left. If theybl stop us all 3 downs and use them, we would leave them 40 seconds or so. No time outs and us punting the ball to them. We gain a first down though and the game would have been over.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:53 AM, wilkie said:

It is what it is.   

Wilkie, you are so old school you listened to games being read from ticker-tape transcripts...

I kid because I love ya'.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, Adamixoye said:

And that makes perfect sense. My bad for misunderstanding...

Archived