#### you Dee Ford.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it weren’t for Mahomes I’d be done with the nfl and the chiefs.  Same shit for all my 36 years.  Throw in shitty officials, and the game being a commercialized mess with a thousand bad rules that have taken the football out of football....  

Just like the first game against them, the team that gets the ball last wins.  This game was determined by a coin toss. Simple as that.  Break it down a little more, and in my mind, Mahomes went for too many yards with his pass decisions. He could have easily thrown quick short passes to Hill and Kelce, but he had to go for the long shots over and over again...in cold weather.  He showed his gunslinger weakness in the last few games.  To me, that was the biggest factor...besides the coin toss. It cost us lots of first downs.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

Just like the first game against them, the team that gets the ball last wins.  This game was determined by a coin toss. Simple as that.  Break it down a little more, and in my mind, Mahomes went for too many yards with his pass decisions. He could have easily thrown quick short passes to Hill and Kelce, but he had to go for the long shots over and over again...in cold weather.  He showed his gunslinger weakness in the last few games.  To me, that was the biggest factor...besides the coin toss.

Exactly. 

Ford had a great season I am sure he feels awful. This was a team loss. All phases were sub par.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Just like the first game against them, the team that gets the ball last wins.  This game was determined by a coin toss. Simple as that.  Break it down a little more, and in my mind, Mahomes went for too many yards with his pass decisions. He could have easily thrown quick short passes to Hill and Kelce, but he had to go for the long shots over and over again...in cold weather.  He showed his gunslinger weakness in the last few games.  To me, that was the biggest factor...besides the coin toss. It cost us lots of first downs.

So we should have kept Alex Smith? Lol

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He will learn that sometimes you just have to take what the defense gives you.  

13 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Exactly. 

Ford had a great season I am sure he feels awful. This was a team loss. All phases were sub par.

We MUST re-sign Ford.  Everyone who is a good pass rusher lines up in the neutral zone occasionally.

We have to give credit to Brady.  He is an old pro and knew exactly how much to go for with his third down distances.

Sadly, I think we need to learn  how to win the coin tosses in overtime games against great teams.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

We MUST re-sign Ford.  Everyone who is a good pass rusher lines up in the neutral zone occasionally.

We have to give credit to Brady.  He is an old pro and knew exactly how much to go for with his third down distances.

Sadly, I think we need to learn  how to win the coin tosses in those situations. 

Exactly: Beaten by the GOAT QB Brady and Belicheck sucks but they are proven champions. NO shame. They made some great plays and less mistakes.

10 minutes ago, SEMO said:

He will learn that sometimes you just have to take what the defense gives you.  

He will.  As I have posted and West and others since last winter, our real window opens in the coming  season, with one more draft.   This was just a magic carpet ride, a coming out party for Mahomes, totally unexpected to get this far.

31 minutes ago, moons314 said:

If it weren’t for Mahomes I’d be done with the nfl and the chiefs.  Same shit for all my 36 years.  Throw in shitty officials, and the game being a commercialized mess with a thousand bad rules that have taken the football out of football....  

I'm 100% with you. I hadn't been really following football that much in the past few years. When they drafted Mahomes, it really ignited my passion in the Chiefs again and he backed it up by his play. I'm trying not to take it too hard, because it was a fun season.  I'm just tired of the same dumb shit happening, and as a fan; there's nothing I can do about it. 

25 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Sadly, I think we need to learn  how to win the coin tosses in overtime games against great teams.

Nope...i will not give credit to those fucking cheaters from New England...the Refs took the game from us and gift wrapped it to

the cheatriots...

There are a lot of people running around who are probably saying wow look both championship games went to OT that is some really good football

Bullshit, the Saints and the Chiefs were robbed by bad calls by the refs....this is going to be a shitty subpar bowl

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

Nope...i will not give credit to those fucking cheaters from New England...the Refs took the game from us and gift wrapped it to

the cheatriots...

There are a lot of people running around who are probably saying wow look both championship games went to OT that is some really good football

Bullshit, the Saints and the Chiefs were robbed by bad calls by the refs....this is going to be a shitty subpar bow;

Yup.  I have no interest in watching the super bowl.  None. 

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I'm 100% with you. I hadn't been really following football that much in the past few years. When they drafted Mahomes, it really ignited my passion in the Chiefs again and he backed it up by his play. I'm trying not to take it too hard, because it was a fun season.  I'm just tired of the same dumb shit happening, and as a fan; there's nothing I can do about it. 

We're powerless and just along for the ride, anyway.  It was quite a ride this year, too.  Way beyond my expectations. I had a blast.  What if we had gotten the good end of the calls and the coin toss and gone to the Superbowl and won the damned thing?  We all would think our Chiefs were the next long term dynasty and the best thing since sliced bread.  Then we would have an off year, and we would have become jaded and be morose and bitter and ready to abandon our love of the franchise for awhile.

We are just spectators.  With Mahomes, we will get our share of championships before it is all over. I guess a lot of the fun IS taking it too seriously, going to the games and tailgating and drinking for hours, screaming ourselves hoarse, putting special clothes on and warpaint on our faces and building an entire circle of friends around it.  I'm too old for that stuff.  I just like the game in general and watching it from the comfort of my own living room and feeling like a manic depressive for three hours every week, careening wildly between happiness and unhappiness, joy and anger from one play and one game to the next.  That is what it is all about for me.  Oh, and reading every article I can about it every day and posting about it on the forum.

5 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Tag and trade.  Dee Ford is not the one I would extend.

They have some real issues they have to sort through with Chris Jones.  Second year in a row that he's hobbled off to the bench with everything on the line.

Jones if you watch the play right tackle fell down,Jones going up the line in pursuit, and the right tackle just starts rolling on the ground and rolls up Jones ankle.

Archived