#### you Dee Ford.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ford didn’t do much today. But he did enough to screw it all up. There was also a stupid scheme in the 1st half of dropping Ford into coverage with Edelman, who of course caught the open pass.

Ford is a one trick pony who had one good year and a couple of good games before this year. Tag and trade or let him walk and waste $100 million on some other teams roster.

I thing we have franchise his dumb ass. Got to have pass rush. Such a stupid mistake that cost us a SB. 

I will add that the NFL should either make pick plays legal or call them. Terrible officiating in both games. 

Still. What a ride. Nearly had a coronary failure.

I'm truly thankful we have our franchise once in a generation qb but some of you think that gives us a free ticket to the next 10 SB's.   I keep reminding some of you of how hard it is to win the SB.   As long as we have that much talent on D and can't muster up a single stop with a SB on the line we aren't ever going to sniff the SB.    There are always going to be good teams at the end of the season and good teams will cut through our D like a hot knife through butter.    It's time for a complete overhaul on D.   

For those of you guys saying we have to have pass rushers......exactly how great of a team were the Pats at rushing the passer?    We need a Defense that can execute and play solid fundamental football and we need a coach intelligent enough to realize when the GOAT has the ball in OT and we create 3 3rd and long situations you don't rush 4 guys who haven't generated any pressure all game long and allow the GOAT to pick you apart and pick on your sorry secondary.   

If Bob Sutton is retained we will experience this again next year.     I also think its time to cut ties with Houston,  tag and trade Ford if thats possible, and designate Berry as a June 1st cut.   New coach, new culture, new core on D.     If the Ravens and Pats don't have elite edge rushers yet field more than sufficient D's then why should we overpay our one trick pony or keep two old injured has beens around.    Houston is good in short spurts but he wears down and was ineffective tonight along with Berry and Ford.   New blood!   And sad thing is our D won't be any worse with those guys gone....it literally can't be.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm truly thankful we have our franchise once in a generation qb but some of you think that gives us a free ticket to the next 10 SB's.   I keep reminding some of you of how hard it is to win the SB.   As long as we have that much talent on D and can't muster up a single stop with a SB on the line we aren't ever going to sniff the SB.    There are always going to be good teams at the end of the season and good teams will cut through our D like a hot knife through butter.    It's time for a complete overhaul on D.   

For those of you guys saying we have to have pass rushers......exactly how great of a team were the Pats at rushing the passer?    We need a Defense that can execute and play solid fundamental football and we need a coach intelligent enough to realize when the GOAT has the ball in OT and we create 3 3rd and long situations you don't rush 4 guys who haven't generated any pressure all game long and allow the GOAT to pick you apart and pick on your sorry secondary.   

If Bob Sutton is retained we will experience this again next year.     I also think its time to cut ties with Houston,  tag and trade Ford if thats possible, and designate Berry as a June 1st cut.   New coach, new culture, new core on D.     If the Ravens and Pats don't have elite edge rushers yet field more than sufficient D's then why should we overpay our one trick pony or keep two old injured has beens around.    Houston is good in short spurts but he wears down and was ineffective tonight along with Berry and Ford.   New blood!   And sad thing is our D won't be any worse with those guys gone....it literally can't be.

Spot on! Should have zero pressured his ass a couple of times 

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Amen brother.  

5 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Draft a Safety.  Get another DT/NT.  Look for a CB & an ILB.

Before you do all of this, FIRE BOB SUTTON!

I was calling for Sutton’s head after the TN game last year & the Pitt loss the year before. He is the common denominator. Cut him loose NOW.

15 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Draft a Safety.  Get another DT/NT.  Look for a CB & an ILB.

Before you do all of this, FIRE BOB SUTTON!

I was calling for Sutton’s head after the TN game last year & the Pitt loss the year before. He is the common denominator. Cut him loose NOW.

Yep first things first give him the ability to retire for his dignity but if he refuses give him the pink slip.    

4 minutes ago, dksww said:

He was a top 3 pass rusher this year.

Dont be stupid because Bob Sutton cant coach a defense.

You really think that this is all Bob Sutton, and changing DC is going to make the same pile of crap better?  Ford can't play the run, battles injuries, and has put together one season of rushing the passer.  Oh, and obviously he's dumber than a stump.  If we give him big money, we absolutely deserve shit like what happened tonight.  One dimensional situational players for high price tags are the things that wreck franchises. 

2 minutes ago, moons314 said:

You really think that this is all Bob Sutton, and changing DC is going to make the same pile of crap better?  Ford can't play the run, battles injuries, and has put together one season of rushing the passer.  Oh, and obviously he's dumber than a stump.  If we give him big money, we absolutely deserve shit like what happened tonight.  One dimensional situational players for high price tags are the things that wreck franchises. 

We led the league in sacks this year and wait for it .............yards allowed and points per game.    I totally agree that he's not apart of the answer here.   I'd rather us switch to a 4-3 and see Kpass develop than see another year of this Bob Sutton crap where we live on TO's and sacks and then we can't get either and we get the doors blown off.   We gave up 500 yards to a healthy D.    He will net us a 3rd round comp pick and save this franchise money and heartache.    Berry and Houston can follow him out the door.    This D should be built around Jones, Watts, Fuller and Ward.   Get Hitchens back in a scheme he can be aggressive and put Speaks inside and Kpass as a true DE and go from there.   Out with the old never beens and in with fresh blood!    

19 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yes. This is all Bob Sutton.  Brady was quoted as saying they did not need to worry about communication & crowd noise with our defense. Romo called our defense all night too.  Sutton is playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess.  I’ve been saying this for 3-4 years now.

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Kpass really doesn't fit as a 4-3 DE.  I'm not sure why we're still dying on this hill where changing schemes is a magic pill.

Ask the Cardinals how it worked out.

He is 6'7" 290......He is the prototypical 4-3 end.  What are you talking about?     

39 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

He is 6'7" 290......He is the prototypical 4-3 end.  What are you talking about?     

No, no he is not.  Dude plays way too stiff to be an ideal 7 tech.  

Oversized for standing up.  Not agile enough as a hand in the dirt end and would struggle with leverage playing inside.

Outside of trading him to a flex system like NE runs, the best plan is to get him to drop around 30 pounds and keep him standing up as long as he's in KC.

KPass is the prototypical 3-4 DE. Could even put on 10-15 pounds as he has the frame for it. Even though he's oversized he might play 4-3 DE with his athletic abilities but closer to being a 4-3 DT than that. 

Regarding Ford I would just tag and trade him. Let some other team give him a huge contract and I would go out paying a lot less to get a guy like KJ Wright who would be a much better fit for us. Ford has progressed in non-pass rush areas as well but not enough to warrant a big deal and at his age a decline is more likely than progression. 

Kpass is a good athlete, but I don't think he has that bend to really excel at playing with his hand in the ground all the time.

Not sure if he's squatty enough to play inside either.  He got away without the ideal kind of stuff at Villanova well because it was Villanova.

I'd like to see him slim down and work more at playing standing up to see what he can do with more speed and knowledge.

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Kpass is a good athlete, but I don't think he has that bend to really excel at playing with his hand in the ground all the time.

Not sure if he's squatty enough to play inside either.  He got away without the ideal kind of stuff at Villanova well because it was Villanova.

I'd like to see him slim down and work more at playing standing up to see what he can do with more speed and knowledge.

Not sure if he can slim down. The dude has huge frame and supposedly made of nothing but muscle. It's more likely for him to put on some weight and get his hand on the dirt like Margus Hunt than slim down at this point but who knows. Still don't know what made us pick him so high as he seems to be nothing but a project guy, especially in our system. 

Just now, sith13 said:

Not sure if he can slim down. The dude has huge frame and supposedly made of nothing but muscle. It's more likely for him to put on some weight and get his hand on the dirt like Margus Hunt than slim down at this point but who knows. Still don't know what made us pick him so high as he seems to be nothing but a project guy, especially in our system. 

I think they were wanting ILB but Miami and Houston wrecked it

Archived