• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Very unimaginative scheme.  No stunts or blitzes.  Nothing to create pressure up in the face of Brady. 

When Jones went out with an injury why couldn't speaks play inside on playing downs.  Williams, bailey and nandi don't get pressure.  Use kpass inside his size and length to get in the playing windows.  Oh wait we have zombo to take his spot.  Fucking Sutton 

Make an adjustment.  Use your personnel.  

exactly.   everything was suck

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

My guess is Spags is our DC next year. Who you got?

I think if I am Andy Reid, I give back part of my salary and do whatever it takes to lure Rex Ryan out of the studio.

Give him Asst HC title, total control of the Defense, make him the highest paid coordinator in NFL history.  Whatever it takes.  They need someone with some fire because Sutton has the emotion of a dead deer.

what amazes me is the game plan coming in. pats just ran the ball against the chargers for about 180 and controlled the TOP. he also knows he had get pressure on brady in the middle.  none of these things were done. how can this guy have a job anymore.  talent is one thing but scheme is another. 

reid needs to take some heat also for the first half play calling. he needed to get the ball out of mahomes hand quickly but did not. that’s bullshit. many opportunities to allow dink and dunk but no let’s go 15 or more yds down the field. 

piss poor play calling. mahomes has covered up both of these guys dumb decisions all season long. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

what amazes me is the game plan coming in. pats just ran the ball against the chargers for about 180 and controlled the TOP. he also knows he had get pressure on brady in the middle.  none of these things were done. how can this guy have a job anymore.  talent is one thing but scheme is another. 

reid needs to take some heat also for the first half play calling. he needed to get the ball out of mahomes hand quickly but did not. that’s bullshit. many opportunities to allow dink and dunk but no let’s go 15 or more yds down the field. 

piss poor play calling. mahomes has covered up both of these guys dumb decisions all season long. 

Exactly right!    I was yelling at the TV, why aren't we running short quick passing routes.  The playcalling seemed to all include longer developing routes which allowed the Pats to get pressure on Mahomes.    Not to mention how crappy our Oline played that first half but for crying out loud make some adjustments.    

On D we finally started playing 5 lineman after the half.   You mean Sutton couldn't figure out after the first two possessions we needed to try something new and bulk up on the LOS?   I don't know much about football but even I could see that.   Our D scheme is read and react and wait for the play to come to us, instead of being aggressive.  

We literally die by a 1000 cuts..........they should rename whatever coverage we were in to "Death by 1000 little cuts".

Just now, DefensiveMan said:

EB been a great person for this franchise. It's time to move on. Ford played on his weaker right side all game long. That's on Sutton. 

Its been said over and over again that Ford is way better on that side and yet we allow Houston who has lost a couple steps to play there.   Who cares at this point.  I'm ready for all of them to be gone.   Get a young hungry DC in here and let him develop and build his scheme.   I want someone who develops players and we get back to the basics of football.

Just watched Ryan Clark & Louis Riddick explain how Dee Ford was supposed to line up. They pretty much said that he wouldn't be able to play for Bellichik doing something that stupid.

That's the whole issue and why the Pats keep winning. They may not have the most talented players, but they're smart and listen to their coach. I thought the Chiefs figured it out after the win over the Colts, but I was wrong.

Louis Riddick

Louis Riddick
·
3h

I have all the respect in the universe for Bill Belichick. He & Nick Saban taught me everything I know about football. Everything. BUT...for the #chiefs DB’s and defensive game plan in crucial moments to allow Julian and Gronk to do what they did, it is inexcusable. End of story.

image.png

3 hours ago, Palangi said:

Very unimaginative scheme.  No stunts or blitzes.  Nothing to create pressure up in the face of Brady. 

When Jones went out with an injury why couldn't speaks play inside on playing downs.  Williams, bailey and nandi don't get pressure.  Use kpass inside his size and length to get in the playing windows.  Oh wait we have zombo to take his spot.  Fucking Sutton 

Make an adjustment.  Use your personnel.  

This. Get exotic and give Brady and McDaniels a twist. I can bet you Wade Phillips won't wit back and take that pounding. Donald , Fowler, and Su will be positioned to eat up front. 

The worse part is that the defense was so creative against Indy with different schemes and plays. They came out hoping Brady wouldn't punch them too hard. 

I would call out the offense as well. 0 points in a full half of football and 7 points in 3 quarters is just terrible. 43 minutes vs 20 minutes might be one of the most lopsided figures in recent years. We already knew defense would be bad with Sutton's "bend don't break" BS which never works but offense wasn't up for it either. 

8 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think if I am Andy Reid, I give back part of my salary and do whatever it takes to lure Rex Ryan out of the studio.

Give him Asst HC title, total control of the Defense, make him the highest paid coordinator in NFL history.  Whatever it takes.  They need someone with some fire because Sutton has the emotion of a dead deer.

When Rex was here in Baltimore (somewhere around2006-7), he did a radio show on a local AM station. He said if he ever got to be a HC and then got fired, he would do analyst work for the rest of his life.

Not sure how that would play out nowadays or if he would be interested. He said on Black Monday, "No one is blowing up my phone...."

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

When Rex was here in Baltimore (somewhere around2006-7), he did a radio show on a local AM station. He said if he ever got to be a HC and then got fired, he would do analyst work for the rest of his life.

Not sure how that would play out nowadays or if he would be interested. He said on Black Monday, "No one is blowing up my phone...."

Hm interesting tidbit there.  

Wouldn't shock me at all if that ended up being the case, but heck if I wouldn't make him say no.

14 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Rex has appeared to almost be begging for a HC gig.

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Without a doubt.....he misses it but knows he has little chance as a retread already- he is a 61-66 as HC but 6-2 in the playoffs

My problem with the entire Ryan family is that they seem to divide locker rooms and really need a great collection of talent or their schemes won’t work.  This is problematic as a coordinator but a major issue for a head coach to develop any consistency. He wouldn’t be in my top 3 for DC personally.  

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

My problem with the entire Ryan family is that they seem to divide locker rooms and really need a great collection of talent or their schemes won’t work.  This is problematic as a coordinator but a major issue for a head coach to develop any consistency. He wouldn’t be in my top 3 for DC personally.  

Agreed don’t want him and maybe that’s because of Sutton running the same style or the bland version of what Ryan would use but it’s time to move away from that tree. 

Archived