It was a good season

Yeah it was frustrating... but it exceeded most everyone's expectations. Didn't it?

Lots to be happy about... lots to be fixed in the next 8.5 months. 

The team is young... and we have a QB who can make things happen with a mere 39 seconds.  Lots to be happy about.

Oh and fuck brady and the pats... 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, mex said:

Defense needs complete overhaul

I don't think it does in terms of players. It's just so damn predictable. Listening to Tony Romo call at plays based on what he was seeing and then watching Brady execute just as Romo said... the scheme is too predictable. 

2 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Agree.  

Sutton has to go, though.  Or, it doesn’t matter how good the kid is.  Even he can’t overcome that tire fire of a defense.

yet he damned near did... in spite of the refs and in spite of the inexplicable offsides penalty

1 minute ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I don't think it does in terms of players. It's just so damn predictable. Listening to Tony Romo call at plays based on what he was seeing and then watching Brady execute just as Romo said... the scheme is too predictable. 

We need help in the secondary... big time

6 minutes ago, wilkie said:

It was so fun.  Over exceeded expectations.   Loved the ride.

Exactly!  One line up not offsides or one more pass knocked down from going to the SB with a new QB and a horrible defense.  Coming so close and not getting over the hump hurts a little, but if the Chiefs find a competent DC and grab a couple of DBs and an ILB, they could be right back next year.  No shame in losing to the Pats, especially after stinking it up in the first half. 

It was a great season.. even the over optimistic me... sorry to say called it dead on the money 12-4 loosing the afc championship game .... 

most of yall thought I was insane at the beginning of the year.. 

I about flipped with 30 seconds left we still manage to send it to overtime.

Gotta let the big bodies play a bit more, and just what the hell was the first half. 

Anyway we spotted the patriots 14, and still force overtime.. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Exactly!  One line up not offsides or one more pass knocked down from going to the SB with a new QB and a horrible defense.  Coming so close and not getting over the hump hurts a little, but if the Chiefs find a competent DC and grab a couple of DBs and an ILB, they could be right back next year.  No shame in losing to the Pats, especially after stinking it up in the first half. 

Yes Agree.....not to mention that BS Roughing the passer call.

It's was an incredible season...never could have imagined we were an OT win away from the SB with a 1st year QB and lose while losing a top 3 RB in the game when the season started. We have a great O and some good pieces on D. Need a new DC stat and the future is bright.

Maybe it's good we didn't get in. Maybe if we had Pat would think this NFL thing I'd too easy and take things for granted next year. Maybe this loss will drive him even more since he was so close. Maybe...I sure as hell hope so hahaha. 

Otherwise, fun times next year and the offseason...and fuck Tom Brady & the Pats 

This was the most exciting season in a long time. Pat is well ahead of where he should be. 

On D when Dirty Dan is your play maker, you have a talent problem. Sutton is what he is. An upgrade is badly needed both coaching and talent on D. Also interior Oline.   They were so bad. That is all doable. The arrow is point WAY up on this group. 

It was a good season.  One of the best I have been able to enjoy for a long time.  I am not upset that the Chiefs lost the game.  But I am pissed that the Pats won.  If the Chiefs had played any other team I would be OK with this loss.  But not the Pats. I remember a few years back reading an article about the owner of the Pats Mr. Kraft, lobbied hard to get Goddell as the commissioner,   As I have watched Brady bunch games I always see that certain calls always go in their favor.  Just like tonight on that pass that hit the ground and the refs  ruled it a catch and just before that was the punt that Edelman touched and the Chiefs picked up and run it for a TD was called back and ruled for the Brady bunch..  I am a firm believer that Kraft somehow owns Goddell and he in turn gives orders to the refs that calls will go in favor of the Pats.   I would be willing to bet that something similar will happen in 2 weeks and the and the Pats will win a 6th ring over the Rams.  Granted the Chiefs did not win tonight but I believe if Andy had a decent game plan  for the 1st half and the defense had played  1/2 as good as they did with the Colts, We would have won.  

I may be wrong in my beliefs but nothing will ever change how much I hate Brady and the Pats because of the favoritism that is so very obvious.

I don’t think it exceeded expectations, in fact we should be sad. Chiefs have had the best or 2nd best roster in the afc for 6 years now, and this year they upgraded from an average qb to perhaps the best in the league. That is the formula for winning a superbowl.

yet somehow we had a home afc championship, our opponent didn’t even play a good game, and we still lost.

i really don’t underhow we aren’t going to the superbowl 

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I don’t think it exceeded expectations, in fact we should be sad. Chiefs have had the best or 2nd best roster in the afc for 6 years now, and this year they upgraded from an average qb to perhaps the best in the league. That is the formula for winning a superbowl.

yet somehow we had a home afc championship, our opponent didn’t even play a good game, and we still lost.

i really don’t underhow we aren’t going to the superbowl 

Our opponent didn't play a good game? They held the ball an entire half. They played a fantastic well coached and executed game. There was a stat that 36 players on NE had AFC Championship experience...KC had ZERO. NE did what they have done for 10 years,  we almost beat them. We are close and we didn't even play a good game overall. 

Archived