11 minutes ago, dksww said:

We only had the ball 21:00 the whole game and he scored a TD.  I know he dropped a pass, but the Chiefs scored 31 points in 21 minutes of possession.

This is all because of the defense guys. 

They stuck Gillmore on him after he beat JC Jackson and was largely quiet afterwards, and was saying how much easier it was to cover Kelce after the game.

32 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

They stuck Gillmore on him after he beat JC Jackson and was largely quiet afterwards, and was saying how much easier it was to cover Kelce after the game.

well yeah, but it left everyone else open.  we scored 31 points in a half on them.

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

Falling off the cliff... dude just set an nfl record for yards. Tightends play forever. Look at Olsen, Jason W., and gates... I really disagree.

I see the point you are trying to make but olsen has barely played for two years and witten was a walking corpse the last several years of his career so i don’t consider those good examples to make your case.

i clearly stated he is still a good tight end, but there are clear signs the end of that is coming sooner than you want to admit.

fact of the matter is kelce is exactly the type of player the patriots would be trading for draft picks and reloading with.

i am fine with keeping kelce, love the guy, but the offense really needs one more legit receiving threat to literally become unstoppable.

imagine having a legit receiver or young tight end on the field next season instead of conley to go along with watkins, hill, and kelce.

13 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I see the point you are trying to make but olsen has barely played for two years and witten was a walking corpse the last several years of his career so i don’t consider those good examples to make your case.

i clearly stated he is still a good tight end, but there are clear signs the end of that is coming sooner than you want to admit.

fact of the matter is kelce is exactly the type of player the patriots would be trading for draft picks and reloading with.

i am fine with keeping kelce, love the guy, but the offense really needs one more legit receiving threat to literally become unstoppable.

imagine having a legit receiver or young tight end on the field next season instead of conley to go along with watkins, hill, and kelce.

Uhhh...  you don’t count  100+ catches for 1300+ yards and 10 TDs a legit receiving threat?  You’ve got some high standards my friend.

5 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Uhhh...  you don’t count  100+ catches for 1300+ yards and 10 TDs a legit receiving threat?  You’ve got some high standards my friend.

... to go along with hill, kelce, watkins is what i wrote. My point is upgrade conley or robinson and the offense can’t be defensed. The fact that conley never developed into a decent player really screwed us.

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

... to go along with hill, kelce, watkins is what i wrote. My point is upgrade conley or robinson and the offense can’t be defensed. The fact that conley never developed into a decent player really screwed us.

Conley was disappointing late in the year from a drops perspective, but he’s been generally reliable in the pass game and is an excellent blocker (that’s why K.C. was successful all year on those jet sweeps).  He’s been a decent player IMO; l don’t expect him to be back though.

20 hours ago, dksww said:

well yeah, but it left everyone else open.  we scored 31 points in a half on them.

Andy crushed BBs defense in the second half. Defense just didn’t get us enough possessions early to figure it out faster. 

59 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Conley was disappointing late in the year from a drops perspective, but he’s been generally reliable in the pass game and is an excellent blocker (that’s why K.C. was successful all year on those jet sweeps).  He’s been a decent player IMO; l don’t expect him to be back though.

Conley is kind of a jack of all trades 4th or 5th WR than a legit guy that can step in and deliver if your starter goes down. If he wants to stay and be paid as such I’d consider keeping him. But realistically we need to get another roster WR who has upside. 

21 hours ago, azchief21 said:

As I've stated before, Mahomes struggled with what BB threw at him in the first half. BB had a chance to game plan Mahomes after seeing him earlier. Mahomes can't have a bad half all season? It's a 60 minute game. Not 30. Chiefs scored 31 points in the game. I don't care when they score them. Should be plenty. 

Should be but not with that defense.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Another TE is what is needed. One that can take away another LB from the defense to cover him

2 TE sets with Hill and Watkins as WR and our RB would give opposing defenses fits.

Imagine teams trying to match up with that alignment, especially if TE2 is a good blocker...

On 1/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, moons314 said:

He does this routinely in the postseason.  Great talent, but I've been saying for multiple seasons, I just can't trust him when the stage is big and the game is on the line.  

VS Colts:  7 catches/108 yards

Vs Titans:  4 catches/66yds/1 TD in less than a half

Vs Steelers 5 catches/77 yards

Vs Texans 8 catches/128 yards

Looks like he does pretty solid in the playoffs overall...and it’s obvious the Patriots put a massive emphasis on containing him.  I can’t believe I’m reading a thread where we have the best damn TE in the league and people are complaining that he’s not good enough.  He’s trending ahead of TG in virtually every category at this point in his career and everyone is talking about him falling off.  We have the worst damn defense in the league and we’re in here complaining about a guy that just had the 2nd most productive TE season OF ALL TIME this season.  Freaking unbelievable...

The only problem with Kelce is the micro-fracture surgery. If players bounce back from it they only lose a few years in their 30s in terms of playing time. Kelce could see some regression in his 30s but doesn't look like he'll stop being a major factor in the next couple years at the least. I think we are fine with him and only need to add another guy to the mix. However we should always have a viable option complimenting him which we have been missing for years. 

I would think long and hard on Fant or Hockensen. Fant did really well in testing. Heck, I wanted Kittle even and he went in the 5th round.

Fant had a 42.1 inch vertical and he can block very well too. Hockensen though is the better blocker of the two. Hockensen was the Mackey award winner as a sophomore even with Famt across from him.

More on Fant.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hawkcentral.com/amp/735043002

6 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

VS Colts:  7 catches/108 yards

Vs Titans:  4 catches/66yds/1 TD in less than a half

Vs Steelers 5 catches/77 yards

Vs Texans 8 catches/128 yards

Looks like he does pretty solid in the playoffs overall...and it’s obvious the Patriots put a massive emphasis on containing him.  I can’t believe I’m reading a thread where we have the best damn TE in the league and people are complaining that he’s not good enough.  He’s trending ahead of TG in virtually every category at this point in his career and everyone is talking about him falling off.  We have the worst damn defense in the league and we’re in here complaining about a guy that just had the 2nd most productive TE season OF ALL TIME this season.  Freaking unbelievable...

The stats become meaningless when you drop balls at crucial points.  My point had nothing to do with his stats, and everything to do with the fact that he will tend to have a huge drop at the worst time, and posting his stats doesn't refute that. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

The stats become meaningless when you drop balls at crucial points.  My point had nothing to do with his stats, and everything to do with the fact that he will tend to have a huge drop at the worst time, and posting his stats doesn't refute that. 

He had two drops...one was on a no look Mahomes pass that he didn’t see coming...the other was a play where defenders were waiting on him and MAYBE would have resulted in a three yard gain.  You are making a mountain out a molehill here...

Archived