Why couldn't we cover Edelman?

They were stacking the wr's and rubbing the db's on the route.   I guess its technically illegal but they don't call it.   Awesome enough we had Ford dropping in coverage the first half.    

Our D is so pathetically predictable, Romo was up in the both calling out how he would attack it.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Yep.  Can't play off man with shifty short receivers and a QB that has mastered short passing.  Gotta get physical with them and jam those timing routes, and they did not.

Give up the big plays I dare Brady to beat us then. In fact I would love a long ball shoot-out.

But no, short passes, draws, and hand-offs accumulated long methodical soul draining drives which all ended up in redzone TDs. Father Time's Bend but don't break hasn't worked all year and certainly got pissed on in another home playoff game A LA Pitt and TN.

Edelman is a guy I hate. But there is a reason he is #2 all time in playoff receptions... you have to jam him. But he kept getting put into motion and our DB was always 5 yards off the line of scrimmage. Ford trying to cover him was amongst some of the stupidest things last night early.

Archived