Team needs going into offseason

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

O

G and C. They are all sub par. Cam, LDT and Morse play well sometimes, but this musical chairs around injuries is killing us.

D

NT in a bad way. DE that can stuff the run and get after the QB if available. Jones is a stud with no help.

Replce Rags. Safety is a must. Eat the hit now and cut Berry.  Lost every game he played in and he was terrible this weekend. Keep Dan only if he takes a big cut. Houston and Ford stay at least one more year. CB is a must. 

Morse when healthy almost always plays well.  He can't stay healthy but he's not sub par, by any measure.  Which is a real shame.  He'll probably still get paid in free agency.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-stats-to-know-for-all-32-nfl-teams-after-week-17

Kansas City Chiefs: Mitch Morse has the longest active streak of pass blocks without allowing a sack at 1543. He hasn’t allowed one since the middle of the 2015 season. His streak is the eighth-longest by an offensive lineman in the last 13 years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, xen said:

Morse when healthy almost always plays well.  He can't stay healthy but he's not sub par, by any measure.  Which is a real shame.  He'll probably still get paid in free agency.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-stats-to-know-for-all-32-nfl-teams-after-week-17

Kansas City Chiefs: Mitch Morse has the longest active streak of pass blocks without allowing a sack at 1543. He hasn’t allowed one since the middle of the 2015 season. His streak is the eighth-longest by an offensive lineman in the last 13 years.

Isn’t that a little misleading?  Guys don’t typically get sacks coming right over the middle with the center.  When they collapse the pocket it’s usally the edge rushers that get that statistical benefit of a sack.  I thought he was pretty shitty Sunday. 

37 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Close.  I'd put DL up there right after DC. 

The Chiefs can't keep getting their shit pushed in on the LoS.  Has to stop and it has to stop immediately.

Definitely DL over RB. Heck I would would go with 1 S also to go DL

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Definitely DL over RB. Heck I would would go with 1 S also to go DL

I'd let Ware walk as he can't stay healthy and draft another RB in the third round where Andy has routinely found huge gems. Or again just stick with Williams and sign a complimentary system guy to a cheap deal in the free agency. Either way works for me depending who falls on draft day. 

56 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Chiefs can't keep getting their shit pushed in on the LoS.  Has to stop and it has to stop immediately.

with a new DC, I think you'll see a new scheme that utilizes more inside stunts and such to confuse the oline's.

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

with a new DC, I think you'll see a new scheme that utilizes more inside stunts and such to confuse the oline's.

I'm sure, but there were some talent deficiencies up front.

They need a body up front that will wreck the shit out of a blocking scheme, which they just do not have.  Chris Jones is a good gap shooter, but they need a dirty job guy to clean things up for the ILB's to stand a chance.  I saw a lot of bad play from Ragland and Hitchens, but people can't forget they really didn't stand a chance from the get go.

6 hours ago, Balto said:

Still think WR is secretly our biggest need

I kind of agree with this, but not the biggest need..  Someone with sure hands that can fill the slot so we can let Conley walk.  He has crazy measurements that don't translate to the field.  He doesn't have sure hands and drops a lot of balls.  If we had a Cooper Kupp/Sterling Shepherd type as our number 3, our offensive efficiency would be nuts.  For example, I wouldn't mind a Hunter Renfrow in the middle rounds.  Or, just go all in and get additional speed like Hollywood Brown (however he has health concerns too).  I'm not saying Williams is Hunt, but if you can catch passes out of the backfield reliably then you'll succeed in our offense.  

Also, time to let the Demetrius Harris experiment end and get a true #2 TE.  

However, to be clear, secondary is probably our biggest need.  If we don't get a DC who can play to Hitchens/Ragland's downhill thumpers , then ILB becomes a need too.  If KPass is deemed a bust, look for an edge as well.  Holes are GLARING on the defensive side of the ball.  A #3WR isn't as glaring.  

Yup that’s the thing....Conley will probably get overpaid so that’s 1 wr gone.  Then with Watkins having a year left on contract and very expensive he could be gone soon as well.  That leaves this teams most important aspect weak.  

Yes yes we need to improve the D but not at the cost of letting our weapons for Mahomes go to crap.  Look at Rodgers and Greenbay as a example.  

‘We almost got to the Super Bowl with the worst D in the NFL and with a DC change that alone could be enough to get us there if we keep pouring gas on our Offensive side.

my vote atm is WR in the 1st or 2nd.

43 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I was referring to the list in general

38 minutes ago, Balto said:

Yup that’s the thing....Conley will probably get overpaid so that’s 1 wr gone.  Then with Watkins having a year left on contract and very expensive he could be gone soon as well.  That leaves this teams most important aspect weak.  

Yes yes we need to improve the D but not at the cost of letting our weapons for Mahomes go to crap.  Look at Rodgers and Greenbay as a example.  

‘We almost got to the Super Bowl with the worst D in the NFL and with a DC change that alone could be enough to get us there if we keep pouring gas on our Offensive side.

my vote atm is WR in the 1st or 2nd.

That’s. luxury pick when we have some major instant needs elsewhere.  Draft a guy in the 3-4 round area and try to develop him. We need to sell new defensive coordinator on idea this offseason is focused on his vision for defense both early in the draft and in free agency.  

Archived