I see all the blame going to the defense.

Keep in mind how utterly inept one of the top offenses we're in the first half.  

The defense gave the offense several chances in that half.  Especially the int in the endzone.  That should have been the momentem changer.  But noooo couldn't make a drive.  I say again going into the half down 14-0 was a HUGE win.

And don't take this as an endorsement of Sutton.   But just keep things in perspective. 

End game, the chiefs got out played, and out coached all over the field.

P.S.  fuck the patriots

Just now, KCSLC2008 said:

46 sack yards. Pressure must have forced some incompletions. You guys know more than I do, was the line the roblem?

The line was complete shit.  That said, the offense scored enough to win, the defense shit the bed.  It’s really not fair to expect even a great offense to put up 40 every week to win. 

The chiefs got outcoached.  They doubled kelce and hill played an on everyone else. And brought extra pressure. Should have anticipated this and had answers.

Defensively they played hard, but schematically I can't understand why they could not have done the same to New England.  

We did not cstch breaks on the officisting.  Ford screwed up on his lining up in the neutral zone.

More disturbing is we  did not hit Brady or put much pressure on him. We needed to make him beat us deep

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The line was complete shit.  That said, the offense scored enough to win, the defense shit the bed.  It’s really not fair to expect even a great offense to put up 40 every week to win. 

But wouldn't even a field goal have been sweet in the first half????

33 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Keep in mind how utterly inept one of the top offenses we're in the first half.  

The defense gave the offense several chances in that half.  Especially the int in the endzone.  That should have been the momentem changer.  But noooo couldn't make a drive.  I say again going into the half down 14-0 was a HUGE win.

And don't take this as an endorsement of Sutton.   But just keep things in perspective. 

End game, the chiefs got out played, and out coached all over the field.

P.S.  fuck the patriots

The Pats had the ball for 45 minutes of the game, the Chiefs only had the ball for 21 minutes.  21 minutes and still put up 31 points.

The defense couldn't get off the field and because of that, our offense never got into a rhythm in the first half.

Fire Bob Sutton.

6 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yes, but the defense giving up long drives played into that as well.  

Giving 17 yards in 3 quarters is probably seen as success in this stupid "bend don't break" regime. Defense had to deal with quite a few short fields as well. In the end pretty much any NFL offense will put up 31 points in 40 minutes of possession and almost half of our entire TOP came in the 4th. By comparison that's how much time Colts had in KC.  

In the end Sutton didn't surprise me as much as offense did. Going through 3 quarters of football with 7 points only to score when the opponent is playing prevent in the 4th isn't really success but rather inflated numbers due to score. Coaching on both sides of the ball played a major role as every single member of the Pats staff looked to be much better than their counterparts in KC. 

26 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Yes, but the defense giving up long drives played into that as well.  

Exactly.  It was the whole game.  NE had the ball for 45 freaking minutes, the Chiefs only had it 21 and still scored 31.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

Exactly.  It was the whole game.  NE had the ball for 45 freaking minutes, the Chiefs only had it 21 and still scored 31.

i like that we score a lot but we score to fast sometimes which leaves too much time on the clock for QB's like Brady to do what they do

2 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i like that we score a lot but we score to fast sometimes which leaves too much time on the clock for QB's like Brady to do what they do

Or the defense could not be awful and make a stop or 2 during the game.

Patriots were 7/9 or something converting 3rd downs in the first half. Chiefs defense got lucky it wasn’t 21-0 with that Ragland INT on a forced throw by Brady.

The offensive gameplan was bad to start the game. Running Williams for no yards a few times didn’t help Mahomes have a short yards to gain either.

Reid did adjust thankfully.  I get we sucked the first half, but as bad as our offense started, we scored 31 points. That's pretty damn good, not sure how we bitch about that total in the big picture. Let's say we scored a TD in the first half instead of one in the second, we wouldn't be bitching as much with same outcome. The D we've seen do this countless times for years...has to change. Sutton always plays soft when game is on the line. Playing a good defensive game 20% of the time during the season doesn't cut it. Can't look at the Colts game and see hope...it's the 80% that is our true identity 

7/9 on third down and at least 3 of them where 9, 10, and 10 yards.  Gotta get off the field on third and long and oh those came on the last drive in OT.   We never blitzed, we never changed anything just let 6 block our 4 and the greatest qb ever carved us up.

Andy made some great halftime adjustments as the offense was basically unstoppable from the opening whistle of the second half. The defense on the other hand had no answer although they were on the field for so long is was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off. Still the fact they forced three long third downs in overtime and then failed to finish the Patriots all three times was really the game in a nutshell. All that said one defensive penalty cost us the game. So lets not act like we got outcoaches and outplayed all over the place. 

both offense and defense did not do there job. one complements the other and here was a disconnect between the two in the first half and second half, just flipped scripts. 

issue i have is reid and sutton knew the game plan from patriots. we all did here. look at there last few games and look at what balt and pats did to us. i dont understand how you can go into a game and not give your players a fuckin chance. 

on offense the ball should have come out of mahomes hands as quickly as it was brady’s. fullback in and run it even though they know it’s coming. simple but effective. 

on defense why didn’t sutton go after brady up the middle? why wait till half and fix the front d line. this should have been done even  after the first fuckin drive..

the screw ups by these two has been masked by mahomes all year. 

belichick is called a genius. he is not but he is a genius at not over complicating things and puts his players in a position to win. 

6 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

both offense and defense did not do there job. one complements the other and here was a disconnect between the two in the first half and second half, just flipped scripts. 

issue i have is reid and sutton knew the game plan from patriots. we all did here. look at there last few games and look at what balt and pats did to us. i dont understand how you can go into a game and not give your players a fuckin chance. 

on offense the ball should have come out of mahomes hands as quickly as it was brady’s. fullback in and run it even though they know it’s coming. simple but effective. 

on defense why didn’t sutton go after brady up the middle? why wait till half and fix the front d line. this should have been done even  after the first fuckin drive..

the screw ups by these two has been masked by mahomes all year. 

belichick is called a genius. he is not but he is a genius at not over complicating things and puts his players in a position to win. 

exactly.  Is  he going to have a press conference ? Didn't see him speak.   Media in this town needs to ask him some questions.  

Archived