Legitimate Question

IF the Chiefs fire Bob Sutton or give him the early retirement option:  how quickly do they make that move? 

In my mind if it is not done by the Super Bowl it is not happening.  We need to take quick, decisive action so we can begin the search of hiring Sutton's replacement.

How big a kick in the nuts to the fans will it be if they retain Sutton for the 2019 season?

3 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

IF the Chiefs fire Bob Sutton or give him the early retirement option:  how quickly do they make that move? 

In my mind if it is not done by the Super Bowl it is not happening.  We need to take quick, decisive action so we can begin the search of hiring Sutton's replacement.

How big a kick in the nuts to the fans will it be if they retain Sutton for the 2019 season?

There's not time frame that will indicate keeping him or not.

Let it play out.  There could be a coach on the Pats or Rams the Chiefs might be interested in, we just need to be patient.

4 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think it has to happen by end of this week or we are staying with him.  Figure a day or two to process emotions and review before making the call.  Reid won't do anything based on raw emotions 

I am not being emotional when I say fire Bob Sutton.  I've been saying it since the Pitt & Ten playoff losses.  Man, I hope you are right about doing it by the end of the week.  I'm going to be frustrated as hell if we do nothing.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

There's not time frame that will indicate keeping him or not.

Let it play out.  There could be a coach on the Pats or Rams the Chiefs might be interested in, we just need to be patient.

I agree with your assessment if there is a coach we are trying to get from the Pats or the Rams.  However, if they have someone else in mind I believe we have to move quickly.

I say this because that new DC will need to assess what players they want to replace on our D, who the available FAs are, look at combine players, and be ready for the draft.

1 minute ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I agree with your assessment if there is a coach we are trying to get from the Pats or the Rams.  However, if they have someone else in mind I believe we have to move quickly.

I say this because that new DC will need to assess who they want to replace on our D, who the available FAs are, look at combine players, and be ready for the draft.

I want him gone as much as anyone, but I want the next guy to be 100% the right guy.

We traded Alex Smith the week prior to the Super Bowl, so maybe the Chiefs do move away form Sutton faster than I think they will.

16 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I am not being emotional when I say fire Bob Sutton.  I've been saying it since the Pitt & Ten playoff losses.  Man, I hope you are right about doing it by the end of the week.  I'm going to be frustrated as hell if we do nothing.

I wasn't implying you were being emotional, as I to have wanted him gone for over a year.  I'm saying Reid is big on process and knows his emotions are high,  he will take a step back to evaluate with a clear head. That's why he didn't fire Sutton last year unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I wasn't implying you were being emotional, as I to have wanted him gone for over a year.  I'm saying Reid is big on process and knows his emotions are high,  he will take a step back to evaluate with a clear head. That's why he didn't fire Sutton last year unfortunately. 

Biggj, I copy you ... I did not think you were calling me emotional.  I just want swift, decisive action so we can start revamping our D.

5 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

If the coordinator, that shall remain nameless. does not get fire, I probably will not watch a game next season. Everyone in the world new that NE would come out running the ball..They ran the ball right down the chiefs' throats in the first two possessions. That cost the team dearly.

I think I might be there with you on boycotting an entire season if Sutton is retained.  I've seen enough of him to know it's never going to change: his defenses will suck, he will refuse to blitz, he will refuse to be aggressive, he will refuse to play more talented young players simply because they are young, and he will refuse to adjust to the game situation.

40 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I don't call it based off emotions.  I call it poor job performance when you have a bottom five ranked defense 4 of the last 5 years...

Hunt, Reid, and Veach are too in touch with this fanbase to not know how damaging retaining Sutton will be.

And not just from a ticket sales/fan support standpoint. Its honestly not whats best for the team. Our defense played this way the entire season. They had about 14 or 15 really poor defensive performances.

He cannot be retained. Im not watching Chiefs football next year if he is our DC. I cannot support them in any way if they wont show the necessary accountability.

14 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Hunt, Reid, and Veach are too in touch with this fanbase to not know how damaging retaining Sutton will be.

And not just from a ticket sales/fan support standpoint. Its honestly not whats best for the team. Our defense played this way the entire season. They had about 14 or 15 really poor defensive performances.

He cannot be retained. Im not watching Chiefs football next year if he is our DC. I cannot support them in any way if they wont show the necessary accountability.

Don't blame you. 

Reid can only be loyal to an extent. Sutton's D has been an absolute disaster and is holding this team back. 

Imagine if we keep this offensive pace in the next couple years and get a middle of the road defense.  We'd be an elite team and very difficult to beat

I'm going to be positive and believe Sutton is as good as gone. I have a good feeling about him leaving/being let go

Archived