Tie game Overtime

Is that flawed?  I think it is.  IMO both teams should get an equal chance.  They get an equal chance in regular time but not overtime.  Yes they do if the whoever wins the coin toss and kick a FG, the other team gets a chance to do the same or score a TD.  Why is that the 1st team to score a TD, game over. The other team does not get the chance to continue on and score.  Is that fair? 

There’s no reason that ot can’t be a timed quarter.  Put 10 minutes on and play it normal.  Rules favor offense too much to play sudden death.  Also, it would create actual overtime strategy, such as coaches choosing to defer when winning the toss.  

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

It's only sudden death if a TD is scored. I have no problem with the format. It's a sucky situation, but you had 4 quarters to get the job done.  If we win the toss and score a TD not a soul here would complain about it. 

I’ve been railing against it for years.  The rules and play style favor the offense way too much.  Whenever the subject comes up someone always chimes in and says the college ot is better.  No, that way is complete shit too because it removes special teams. This was a case where whoever won the toss was going to win the game, and games shouldn’t be decided like that.  I’ve been saying this for a decade. 

I guess my argument would be if the defense they were playing was Baltimore which side is favored then?  FG probably, but TD less likely.  I've got no issue if both teams get a possession, but I still go back to they had 4 quarters already to get it done. But I'm open for change. 

Archived