Looks nervous and defensive at his presser. Guys asking about the other side of the ball. He likes to say the we only lost by the smallest margins. We lost a couple by only 3 points. Unfortunately we gave up 51 & 43 in those close losses. I didn't think he was going to fire Sutton but I think that's what's preying on his mind. Sutton will be gone.

Honestly,  Andy should feel nervous and pressure. He's watched two historic comeback playoff losses because of a feeble D and not able to score when needed.  Now he watched us lose because of a feeble defense for a third time. He fixed the O with Pat, now is time to fix the D with a change of DC. 

It starts and ends with Andy. You're half way there big guy, make the change. Three inept years of D should be enough chances for old Bob.

15 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Honestly,  Andy should feel nervous and pressure. He's watched two historic comeback playoff losses because of a feeble D and not able to score when needed.  Now he watched us lose because of a feeble defense for a third time. He fixed the O with Pat, now is time to fix the D with a change of DC. 

It starts and ends with Andy. You're half way there big guy, make the change. Three inept years of D should be enough chances for old Bob.

Yep. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

until Sutton is gone he is here and others are finding jobs. I'm not confident of anything except some possible DC subordinates 

36 minutes ago, Calichief said:

100 💯 

i believe it when I see it. 

100%  Agreed. 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

until Sutton is gone he is here and others are finding jobs. I'm not confident of anything except some possible DC subordinates 

Agreed but he was squirming. Different vibe in the room. Everyone knows that Reid's indifference to defense costs the Chiefs big time. Andy was fortunate to have Jim Johnson in Philly. He could ignore the defense then. Ever since Andy has been a series of playoff failures directly related to defense. By keeping someone as inept as Sutton, Reid continues to be an OC with an HC title.

1 minute ago, sith13 said:

The best thing about Reid is his lack of a ring, which should also provide enough motivation for a change. He doesn't have a whole decade in front of him either so the urgency should be creeping in.

next season he'll be 62.....he's got maybe 6-8 years left max?

41 minutes ago, sith13 said:

The best thing about Reid is his lack of a ring, which should also provide enough motivation for a change. He doesn't have a whole decade in front of him either so the urgency should be creeping in.

At this point he's accomplished everything else which is why he went to Mahomes over Alex Smith and a band aid appraoch to begin with. He now needs to apply this same philosophy to the defense. I think he's locked in through Mahomes extension in 2021. After that all bets are off. 

If by year 3 of Mahomes starting which is Andy's 8th here and we continue to flounder I think his time will be up. He is the head coach that has given up 2 games where we were easily in control. Then yesterday having a DC still here doing to us again along with the ineptness of the offense and clock management. His time will be done

Next year to get it right for DC and defense. 3rd year if we make it to championship game at least. By then Mahomes will be seasoned enough for a coach to get us over the hump

Like what Denver did firing Fox to go with Kubiak as an example.

Bob Sutton - C - Chiefs

The Chiefs are having "internal discussions" about whether to retain DC Bob Sutton.

No decisions have been made yet, but Sutton is understandably on the hot seat after his unit developed into the Chiefs' Achilles' heel. Kansas City finished 30th in Football Outsiders' defensive DVOA in 2017, and 26th in 2018. In fairness to Sutton, the Chiefs' defensive talent has eroded in recent years.

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If by year 3 of Mahomes starting which is Andy's 8th here and we continue to flounder I think his time will be up. He is the head coach that has given up 2 games where we were easily in control. Then yesterday having a DC still here doing to us again along with the ineptness of the offense and clock management. His time will be done

Next year to get it right for DC and defense. 3rd year if we make it to championship game at least. By then Mahomes will be seasoned enough for a coach to get us over the hump

His time will only be done when he decided it is.  As long as he’s making the playoffs he could be here forever because Clark won’t fire him. Of course I don’t want the walrus gone, I’m just saying what happened yesterday could happen 8 years in a row and Reid would still be safe.  That said, I do hope that in the next couple years we start having internal discussions about a succession plan down the road. 

40 minutes ago, moons314 said:

His time will only be done when he decided it is.  As long as he’s making the playoffs he could be here forever because Clark won’t fire him. Of course I don’t want the walrus gone, I’m just saying what happened yesterday could happen 8 years in a row and Reid would still be safe.  That said, I do hope that in the next couple years we start having internal discussions about a succession plan down the road. 

Then we co down the same road as Marty and will never win the big one. If all Reid can do is get us there and then have games like we have seen knocking us out every year we will never get over the hump. Sooner or later it will be to late to do anything about it if our window closes.

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think Reid still has 3 years in KC until the end of his current deal. He won't see another contract in KC unless he wins a SB and wants to stick around. However I doubt Hunt fires him as long as the Chiefs are making it to the playoffs. 

Archived