First whisperings from a legit reputable source (Sutton)

I really don't Reid has a choice here.  After last years collapse to the Titans, then all 5 losses this year attributed to Defense not able to hold a lead. How can you go to the owner with that and say that he should be retained. I am sure Clark as a fan is pissed as much as us. 

If Clark isn't pissed about how the game ended then he must not care at all.  He just watched the trophy bearing his fathers name, be given out at Arrowhead, to an opposing team because our defense was terrible and couldn't stop anyone other than the freak tip interceptions.  Offense looked terrible the first half so its not all on the defense but other than two games the defense has been terrible.  Sutton probably wishes that he wouldn't of done so well against the Colts because that game showed what our defense could do with a good gameplan.

1 minute ago, Docbarnabee said:

I think what weighs on Andy Reid is his son Britt Reid, who is the Defensive Line Coach. Firing Sutton could place andy Reid in a difficult situation with his son. 

Thats putting the cart before the horse. They can find a role for him on the next DCs staff. Asst d-line coach...

7 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Given Chris Jones is the only linemen worth anything, it may be time for the nepotism to end...

They haven't really given him a lot to work with.  Nnadi has been the biggest investment they've made since he took over as DL coach and he had some flashes.

Jones was a nice add and well he got results from CJ.

46 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

They haven't really given him a lot to work with.  Nnadi has been the biggest investment they've made since he took over as DL coach and he had some flashes.

Jones was a nice add and well he got results from CJ.

I actually agree.  Frankly they have overachieved given the talent level.  

I simply think it is a schematic flaw. We can't stop the run mostly because we have our linebackers covering instead of filling the running lanes. It is read and react and the linebackers are not reading or not fully understanding positioning.  The Patriots were able to adjust into the correct play every time based on pre snap read.  Schematically our Defense should have multiple variations out of the same look, so this does not occur.  Too predictable.

3 hours ago, Docbarnabee said:

I simply think it is a schematic flaw. We can't stop the run mostly because we have our linebackers covering instead of filling the running lanes. It is read and react and the linebackers are not reading or not fully understanding positioning.  The Patriots were able to adjust into the correct play every time based on pre snap read.  Schematically our Defense should have multiple variations out of the same look, so this does not occur.  Too predictable.

Gotta agree with you on this one.  Our D is soo predictable and no changes are ever made - simply vanilla. 

I found it interesting to hear about the patriots D running stunts and twists against us.  Romo may have said that stuff hasn't been run in years in the NFL.  The Pats D coordinator adjusted and ran some schemes that really threw the Chiefs game plan off.  Sutton NEVER does this.  He can't adjust on the fly and our scheme has no creativity at all.  No adjustments to play to our strengths. He just keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.  Also, epic defensive collapses every year in playoffs(Titans, Colts, Pats) and regular season.  

We do have some talent on defense, even if it's a few.  Jones, Ford and Houston are decent players and alot of teams would love to have them. Even Bailey was decent last year.   I'd have to believe we could have heralded a better defense if our coordinator had some imagination.

He has to go. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

WTF are they considering, just fire him already!

The longer we hear nothing, the more I worry. It's the same crap as last year. Reid had his press conference and from what I heard, that's it, and he will not be heard from again until OTA's start. 

8 minutes ago, qnet said:

The longer we hear nothing, the more I worry. It's the same crap as last year. Reid had his press conference and from what I heard, that's it, and he will not be heard from again until OTA's start. 

No last year Terez Paylor interviewed Reid at the Senior Bowl and thats when he confirmed that he had heard all the fans clamoring for him to fire Sutton, but that it had never even been an option. And that he was going to do what he thought was best for the KC Chiefs. Great decision tubs...

Archived