You're gonna hate me. HAS TO BE DISCUSSED. What if Andy keeps Bob?

i think it is apparent that andy kept sutton this year because they did not expect the offensive explosion from Mahomes...everyone was shooting for next season. Now that we over achieved and came so close, i think Clark and Veach will make sure that andy does not waste more of pat's talent by blind loyalty, that said i still think that sutton will retire to allow andy to save face and not be the bad guy

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think KC is going to start turning on the team if he is kept.  Way too many people are saying they're dropping season tickets if werthers returns.

We finally have a franchise QB phenom...people aren't going to do a damn thing. They will bitch about the D and go watch this kid play. 

Make no mistake we didn't lose because of Sutton we lost because of Reid and Reid alone. We just assume that Reid will be able to turn things around if he replaces Sutton but still 100% of the blame lies with the HC. If nothing is changing soon then Reid should pack his things and leave. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Make no mistake we didn't lose because of Sutton we lost because of Reid and Reid alone. We just assume that Reid will be able to turn things around if he replaces Sutton but still 100% of the blame lies with the HC. If nothing is changing soon then Reid should pack his things and leave. 

We just won 3 straight division titles for the first time ever, broke a 25 year home playoff drought and were  ONE stupid penalty or play from the Super Bowl and you want to start talking Reid packing his bags? Who’s next, Bill Self?

5 hours ago, Calichief said:

Then Andy can leave with him cause it won’t matter how good the offense is..

We were just one play or one coin toss from the Super Bowl and didn’t score a point in the first half.  This can absolutely be a Super Bowl team no matter who the DC is.  But why not do for the defense what Andy already did for the offense and special teans for that matter and hire a proven guy who’s had a Super Bowl caliber defense before. Or an innovative young guy in the Nagy mold.  

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We were just one play or one coin toss from the Super Bowl and didn’t score a point in the first half.  This can absolutely be a Super Bowl team no matter who the DC is.  But why not do for the defense what Andy already did for the offense and special teans for that matter and hire a proven guy who’s had a Super Bowl caliber defense before. Or an innovative young guy in the Nagy mold.  

I don’t know? He hasn’t done it for 6 years. He’s let that dipshit cost the team countless times.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We just won 3 straight division titles for the first time ever, broke a 25 year home playoff drought and were  ONE stupid penalty or play from the Super Bowl and you want to start talking Reid packing his bags? Who’s next, Bill Self?

There's always that one thing in Reid's career that's stopping him, next it'll be something else that we haven't seen before, etc. I'm assuming Reid already knows that his entire legacy depends on Sutton leaving and will do the right thing, frankly the only alternative is just Reid being a polished OC in KC rather than a solid HC. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This makes no sense to me. If we could win a Super Bowl no matter who the DC is we would be playing in Atlanta in 12 days for a chance to do just that. We cant even win an AFC Championship with Sutton as DC. It was proven Sunday. That IS the evidence. We have it.

There is no evidence, however, to support the notion that we can win a SB "no matter who the DC is".

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This makes no sense to me. If we could win a Super Bowl no matter who the DC is we would be playing in Atlanta in 12 days for a chance to do just that. We cant even win an AFC Championship with Sutton as DC. It was proven Sunday. That IS the evidence. We have it.

There is no evidence, however, to support the notion that we can win a SB "no matter who the DC is".

If Dee Ford doesn’t line up in neutral zone. We win. If we win coin toss. We win.  If we score a 3 points in the first half we win.  This game literally came down to a coin flip and easily could have gone either way. Apparently the Saints can’t win the Super Bowl with their coaching staff either? That’s just silly to say when you lose a game by one play. These were clearly the four best teams and almost nothing separates any of them.

It doesn’t however mean we don’t want to try and get better wherever possible so maybe we can create situation none of that would matter.   

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

I am with ya here.  You ccould see it on the field how both teams held themselves.   Pat's were always ready for snaps.  The Pats were crisp every single point of the game.  Their players made the plays, especially catches, all the time.  To me that kind of stuff comes from the top.  It is the lil stuff like that, that should be drilled into a team from day one.   Stay focused and do all the little things right.

I couldn't tell you how many times there were players for the chiefs out of position wandering around pre snap.  Both sides of the ball but mostly on D.  Probably because Reid could care less about defense and is over sitting by mahomes.

If the chiefs go a new d cord route they have got to get one with fire and no bullshit attitude.  Ried does not carry that killer instinct attitude.  He's the "awe shucks we'll get em next time" guy.  Or as Andy says "we've got to do a better job".

I just want to see that winning is the only thing football fire, that I don't sense from this team.

Ohh well!!!  that's my final 2 cents and it probably isn't even worth that.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

There's always that one thing in Reid's career that's stopping him, next it'll be something else that we haven't seen before, etc. I'm assuming Reid already knows that his entire legacy depends on Sutton leaving and will do the right thing, frankly the only alternative is just Reid being a polished OC in KC rather than a solid HC. 

Entire notion all Andy is is a good OC is just plain silly. I’d suggest Clark Hunt had a bunch of goals he wanted accomplished as a team when he hired Reid. And it’s been a progression towards accomplishing them all.  

1. Consistency year to year as we had never even won back to back division titles in our history when Andy got here.  3 straight and 6 straight winning seasons later this box is checked. 

2. Break long two decade long playoff drought.  Shutting out the Texans checked another box. 

3. Break decades long home playoff streak. Dominant win over nemesis Colts last week checked another box. 

4. Draft and develop our first ever home grown franchise QB.  Box checked. 

5. Win Lamar Hunt Trophy

6. Win Lombardi

39 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If Dee Ford doesn’t line up in neutral zone. We win. If we win coin toss. We win.  If we score a 3 points in the first half we win.  This game literally came down to a coin flip and easily could have gone either way. Apparently the Saints can’t win the Super Bowl with their coaching staff either? That’s just silly to say when you lose a game by one play. These were clearly the four best teams and almost nothing separates any of them.

It doesn’t however mean we don’t want to try and get better wherever possible so maybe we can create situation none of that would matter.   

If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. Every second Bob Sutton remains employed here is a slap in the faces of every one of us true die hards.

I am fucking furious right now. Furious. This lack of accountability last offseason was alarming, but we accepted it. We thought maybe we could blame personnel. Then this year this defense regresses in EVERY facet. And yet the move hasnt been made. Either Reid is fucking stupid, or he is being blindly loyal and willfully ignorant. I dont think he is stupid. In fact I think he believes he is smarter than everyone else. And thats why Sutton is still our DC.

Im not putting up with it. I have literal familial ties to this team, and I will not watch one fucking second of one game next year if he is our DC.

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Entire notion all Andy is is a good OC is just plain silly. I’d suggest Clark Hunt had a bunch of goals he wanted accomplished as a team when he hired Reid. And it’s been a progression towards accomplishing them all.  

1. Consistency year to year as we had never even won back to back division titles in our history when Andy got here.  3 straight and 6 straight winning seasons later this box is checked. 

2. Break long two decade long playoff drought.  Shutting out the Texans checked another box. 

3. Break decades long home playoff streak. Dominant win over nemesis Colts last week checked another box. 

4. Draft and develop our first ever home grown franchise QB.  Box checked. 

5. Win Lamar Hunt Trophy

6. Win Lombardi

That just means Reid has been better than what we had before. However I truly believe that Reid is not good enough to win with Sutton by his side, not even sure if anyone is. Every year we face a whole new problem in the playoffs and next year it'll be something else if Sutton stays in town. I love having Reid run our offense but if the price of having him do that is Sutton by his side then I think we definitely need to upgrade to a better HC.

21 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

I am with ya here.  You ccould see it on the field how both teams held themselves.   Pat's were always ready for snaps.  The Pats were crisp every single point of the game.  Their players made the plays, especially catches, all the time.  To me that kind of stuff comes from the top.  It is the lil stuff like that, that should be drilled into a team from day one.   Stay focused and do all the little things right.

I couldn't tell you how many times there were players for the chiefs out of position wandering around pre snap.  Both sides of the ball but mostly on D.  Probably because Reid could care less about defense and is over sitting by mahomes.

If the chiefs go a new d cord route they have got to get one with fire and no bullshit attitude.  Ried does not carry that killer instinct attitude.  He's the "all shucks we'll get em next time" guy.  Or as Andy says "we've got to do a better job".

I just want to see that winning is the only thing football fire, that I don't sense from this team.

Ohh well!!!  that's my final 2 cents and it probably isn't even worth that.

My thoughts exactly, Sutton has no fire in him and Reid is way too much of a good guy to actually light fires under some a$$es. Reid's attitude doesn't stop him from running a great offense but whatever he's doing (if any) isn't working on defense and we need a DC that will change the whole identity.

LOL at firing Andy Reid.  Have you people seen the list of turd coaches out there?  Who do you think is out there that's going to top what this team has accomplished the past 3 years?

I mean if Andy Reid were foolishly fired by the Chiefs, Denver would probably immediately re-consider the HC they just hired as would the other 7 teams that made a change this off-season.

Hell, at least 26 teams would consider making an immediate change to the HC position if Andy Reid were suddenly become available.

Patrick Mahomes would be pissed(as would the whole team) and the chances of him signing an extension here would be way less.

I get being mad over the loss, but my God some of you have 0 common sense  with these suggestions.

We lost to the best HC and QB in NFL history, in OT, without ever getting the ball.  Was the game plan perfect?  No, they scored 0 points in the 1st half.  But, the Patriots allowed us to score 31 2nd half points as well. 

Yes, Reid has kept Sutton way too long, but all of the same people stating he'll never fire Sutton, also tried to tell us they would never draft a QB and move on from Alex Smith.

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. Every second Bob Sutton remains employed here is a slap in the faces of every one of us trye die hards.

I am fucking furious right now. Furious. This lack of accountability last offseason was alarming, but we accepted it. We thought maybe we could blame personnel. Then this year this defense regresses in EVERY facet. And yet the move hasnt been made. Either Reid is fucking stupid, or he is being blindly loyal and willfully ignorant. I dont think he is stupid. In fact I think he believes he is smarter than everyone else. And thats why Sutton is still our DC.

Im not putting up with it. I have literal familial ties to this team, and I will not watch one fucking second of one game next year if he is our DC.

You are acting like there’s some crazy scenarios that had to happen for us to be playing in Atlanta. One simple mental error, one coin toss, one point is all we needed. We just had our most successful season in 25 years. An absolute progression forward and the most fun season and most fulfilling win last week I’ve experienced as a Chiefs fan in a long time.  

My point is of course we can win a Super Bowl with Bob Sutton. But likewise I’d say why try.  We had some gaping holes last year on defense and tried to fill some of those and no it didn’t improve. Now it’s time for Andy to recognize this and make a different type of move that gives a new vision to that group.  

One of Andy’s great strengths as a head coach is hiring talented assistants and empowering them to do their jobs. He’s given Sutton every chance but now like Alex Smith it’s time to make a move here too.  

Dont mistake my opinion we can win a Super Bowl with Sutton as an endorsement for keeping him. We can clearly do better. So why wouldn’t we. 

14 minutes ago, dksww said:

LOL at firing Andy Reid.  Have you people seen the list of turd coaches out there?  Who do you think is out there that's going to top what this team has accomplished the past 3 years?

I mean if Andy Reid were foolishly fired by the Chiefs, Denver would probably immediately re-consider the HC they just hired as would the other 7 teams that made a change this off-season.

Hell, at least 26 teams would consider making an immediate change to the HC position if Andy Reid were suddenly become available.

Patrick Mahomes would be pissed(as would the whole team) and the chances of him signing an extension here would be way less.

I get being mad over the loss, but my God some of you have 0 common sense  with these suggestions.

We lost to the best HC and QB in NFL history, in OT, without ever getting the ball. 

Yes, Reid has kept Sutton way too long, but all of the same people stating he'll never fire Sutton, tried to tell us they would never draft a QB and move on from Alex Smith.

Nobody is saying he will never fire Sutton, the question here is "if he doesn't". More of a hypothetical thing. In fact most are expecting Sutton to be fired. That being said we have been so accustomed to losing we always seem to find a good excuse, as if winning is never a level we'll reach. Eagles won the big one with a QB we revived and let go and a HC that was here just a couple years ago against the team that keeps kicking our a$$ in the playoffs. 

14 minutes ago, sith13 said:

That just means Reid has been better than what we had before. However I truly believe that Reid is not good enough to win with Sutton by his side, not even sure if anyone is. Every year we face a whole new problem in the playoffs and next year it'll be something else if Sutton stays in town. I love having Reid run our offense but if the price of having him do that is Sutton by his side then I think we definitely need to upgrade to a better HC.

Now that’s logical Sith. Andy is great coach who is one win in February from being a lock first ballot HOFer.  He wisely recognized two years ago his chances  to get there were being held back by Alex Smith and made the bold moves necessary to move away from a QB he really liked out of necessity. Now he needs to do the same with Sutton. 

Understand his loyalty is part of the reason he always gets so many good coaches to work for him on all sides of the ball. It can also be a crutch that holds him back. Recognizing the difference is what can elevate his legacy from very good to great. 

I love andy reid as a coach, he isn’t perfect, but no way we could upgrade. He clicks with mahomes which is 99% of the battle already won.

having said that retaining sutton is a firable offense, the good news is andy reid isn’t dumb, he won’t do this.

he is loyal to a fault, but at this point retaining sutton is just a big FU to the fanbase and the entire roster/ organization.

he won’t be loyal to sutton at the expense of hurting everyone else who cares about the chiefs

It all depends on what Reid considers the source of the defensive issues.

He’s got a much different perspective than we do here; the team acknowledged early on that the D couldn’t get turned around in 1 year (and that was assuming Berry would play).  Mahomes was just so damn good that the team won anyway.

I wont be surprised either way with Sutton.  Nor will I get upset about it.  We are 1 year into a new era and I’m here for it.

Archived