Bob Sutton Relieved of Defensive Coordinator Duties

STATEMENT FROM CHIEFS HEAD COACH ANDY REID

“Bob is a good football coach and a great person. He played an integral role in the success of our team over the last six seasons. I’ve said before that change can be a good thing, for both parties, and I believe that is the case here for the Chiefs and Bob. This was not an easy decision, but one I feel is in the best interest of the Kansas City Chiefs moving forward.”

https://www.chiefs.com/news/bob-sutton-relieved-of-defensive-coordinator-duties

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

Clemson's DC Brent Venables…...Call him up and give him $4M a year!

He sucked his last few years at OU. I don't like hiring coaches when they have the clear talent advantage. You don't get that in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He sucked his last few years at OU. I don't like hiring coaches when they have the clear talent advantage. You don't get that in the NFL.

Typically I'd agree BUT with Andy's O all we need is a middle of the road D or at least better than 31st!  I think a guy like Venables has the biggest upside out of all these guys even though he could have the lowest floor....Given our D this past year, I'll take that

I literally left this forum for a minute to listen to 810 were I heard Petro talking about it right before his show ended. I don't like to see anyone loose a job,  but these guys make more money than the average occupation. In this type of business you should be ready for this type of stuff IMO. 

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

His kids are currently going through their years there.  No way he's burning out.

Meh I don't know.

The guy is from Kansas and he could be thinking long term.  Only 48 and if things go well could take over for Andy as HC of his child hood team!

Archived